Chucho News and Articles - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-15-2005, 02:30 PM   #16
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

Just found this very good article about Chucho and his feelings about the president of Argentine tennis.

http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.ph...n=1&Idx=226405

José Acasuso, muy duro con Enrique Morea: "Es un mentiroso"

El tenista misionero dijo que nunca recibió ayuda de la Asociación Argentina de Tenis y descalificó al presidente de esa entidad. Aclaró que los únicos que obtuvieron ese beneficio fueron Coria y Nalbandian

• El presidente de la AAT dice que “este es el mejor momento del tenis”

• El Luna Park recibe a los más grandes del tenis argentino

(NA) - El tenista José Acasuso manifestó que nunca recibió ayuda de parte de la Asociación Argentina de Tenis (AAT), y acusó al presidente reelecto de la entidad, Enrique Morea, de "mentiroso" por haber señalado eso.

Acassuso, número 40 en el ranking mundial de la Asociación del Tenis Profesional (ATP), señaló que los únicos jugadores que recibieron "ayuda" de parte de la AAT fueron Guillermo Coria y David Nalbandian.

"A mí nunca me ayudaron, lo único que me pagaron fue un viaje al US Open. Es mentira que la AAT ayudó a todos los jugadores, la ayuda fue para Guillermo (Coria) y David (Nalbandian). Morea es un mentiroso", explicó el tenista durante una charla en la escuela de periodismo DeporTEA.

En ese sentido, el misionero aseguró que la relación entre la máxima entidad del tenis argentino y los jugadores nacionales "no pasa por un buen momento".

"No puede ser que Morea diga que la Asociación es la responsable del buen momento del Tenis Argentino, los jugadores son los responsables. Hoy por hoy, la relación no pasa por un buen momento", completó el tenista.

The basic English version of this seems to be

José Acasuso, Argentine tennis president Enrique Morea is a liar

The player from Misiones said that he never received financial aid from the Association Argentina of Tennis and should be sacked as president. Coria and Nalbandian were the ones to benefit.

• The president of the AAT says that “this is the best moment of the tennis”
• The Luna Park receives to the largest of the Argentine tennis (NA)

- The tennis player José Acasuso declared that never received aid on behalf of the Association Argentina of Tennis (AAT), and accused the re-elected president of the AAT Enrique Morea of "lying" by indicating that this was the case.

Acassuso, number 40 in the ranking world of the Association of the Professional Tennis (ATP), indicated that the only players that received "aid" on behalf of the AAT were Guillermo Coria and David Nalbandian.

"To me never they helped me, the only thing that they paid for me was a trip to the US. It is lie that the AAT helped all the players, the assistance was for Guillermo (Coria) and David (Nalbandian). Morea is a liar", Acasuso explained during a chat in the school of journalism DeporTEA.

In that sense, the misionero assured that the relations between the AAT and the national players "are not good at the moment".

"He , Morea cannot say that the Association is the responsible for the good moment of the Argentine Tennis, the players are the reason. Today for the present, the relations are not in a good way ", completed the tennis player.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #17
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho . You often look quite asleep or not totally awake, but the mind works.......it has to be noted!!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:12 PM   #18
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Chucho . You often look quite asleep or not totally awake, but the mind works.......it has to be noted!!
Well he better come to Metz again and as for the translation that seems to be right, it just needs some cleaning up.

We do know Morea isn't a good guy and that Chucho along with the others were forgotten about.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #19
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Well he better come to Metz again.
Yes, he better. He can't miss such an opportunity............so can't I!!
Quote:
We do know Morea isn't a good guy and that Chucho along with the others were forgotten about.
True. It's not the 1st time that state of things is denounced. Just glad that Chucho points it too. He's breaking the image and that's good imo.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:48 PM   #20
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article GWH - was interesting, and good for Chucho for speaking out and saying what he thinks

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:40 AM   #21
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Chucho may look spaced out, but he isn't a fool and with what has been going with tennis in Argentina recently, there definitely needs to be more communication between the various groups.

His schedule so far is

Auckland
Aus Open
Viña del Mar
Buenos Aires
Costa do Sauipe
Las Vegas/Acapulco
Indian Wells
Miami

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #22
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

thanks gwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:28 AM   #23
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Here is an article that has some news on Chucho and the Buenos Aires tournament in general, thanks to Michelleg and the dodgy free translation.

http://www.misionesonline.net/pagina...cias2006&id=25

El “Chucho” buscará ser rey en Buenos Aires

En tenista posadeño, José Acasuso estará entre los mejores tenistas de argentina en el ATP de Buenos Aires. El torneo se jugará en febrero.

José "Chucho" Acasuso, David Nalbandian y Guillermo Coria jugarán el ATP que se disputará en el Lawn Tenis en febrero. También lo harán los españoles Ferrero y Moyá y el brasileño Kuerten. Gaudio aún no aseguró si estará, mientras que el juvenil Del Potro recibirá una invitación especial.

El misionero Acasuso (41 en el ranking mundial) jugará con los dos mejores tenistas de la Argentina, David Nalbandian (6) y Guillermo Coria (8). El certamen se llevará a cabo del 13 al 19 de febrero y cristalizará la sexta edición del ATP de Buenos Aires, además repartirá 485.000 dólares en premios.

También fueron confirmadas por la organización del ATP las presencias de los tenistas españoles Carlos Moyá (32) y Juan Carlos Ferrero (18), ambos ex números uno del mundo; aunque está en duda la participación del último campeón, Gastón Gaudio (10), según infobae.com.ar.

"Nuestros esfuerzos estuvieron enfocados en conseguir a cinco jugadores. Cuatro ya confirmaron su presencia y ahora nos falta Gaudio, que tiene una oferta económica de nuestra parte pero por el momento no nos ha respondido", expresó Martín Jaite, el director del torneo.
Por otro lado, las entradas individuales se expenderán desde mediados del actual mes de enero.

"Es un placer recuperar a Coria y a Nalbandian para el torneo, como así también tener a Ferrero por primera vez. Además contar con Moyá en el cuadro es importante para la tribuna femenina", comentó Jaite con una sonrisa.

Miguel Nido, director de la empresa norteamericana Altenis, dueña del ATP, explicó que habrá muchas novedades para los espectadores con respecto a ediciones anteriores y reafirmó que el tema de la seguridad será "clave", especialmente, en la salida del público tras la jornada nocturna.

Del lunes 13 al viernes 17 de febrero la jornada diurna comenzará a las 11 y la nocturna, que constará de dos encuentros, a las 19,30. El sábado 18 las semifinales irán desde las 12 y la final del domingo dará comienzo a las 14.
Jaite señaló además que una de la invitaciones especiales será para el brasileño Gustavo Kuerten (hoy es 294 del mundo y su ranking no le permitiría ingresar al torneo en forma directa) y la segunda sería para el juvenil argentino Juan Martín del Potro.

Más allá de los tenistas mencionados, extraoficialmente, se sabe que estarán en la lista del ATP los argentinos Juan Ignacio Chela (40), Agustín Calleri (52), Carlos Berlocq (80), Mariano Zabaleta (83) y Juan Mónaco (85), además de los chilenos Fernando González (11) y Nicolás Massú (65).

Translation:

"Chucho" will seek to be a king in Buenos Aires

The player from posadeño, José Acasuso will be among the better tennis players from Argentina in the ATP of Buenos Aires. The tournament will be played in February.

José "Chucho" Acasuso, David Nalbandian and Guillermo Coria will play the ATP that will be disputed in the Lawn Tennis in February. Also the Spanish players Ferrero and Moyá and the Brazilian Kuerten. Gaudio has not assured that he will be there, while del Potro will receive a wild card.

The misionero Acasuso (41 in the world rankings) will play with the two better tennis players of Argentina, David Nalbandian (6) and Guillermo Coria (8). The contest will be carry out of the 13th to the 19th of February and will be the sixth edition of the ATP of Buenos Aires, besides will distribute $485.000 in prizes.

Also they were confirmed by the organisation of the ATP the presence of the Spanish tennis players Carlos Moyá (32) and Juan Carlos Ferrero (18), both former numbers one of the world; although is in doubt the participation of the last champion, Gastón Gaudio (10), according to infobae. com. ar.

"Our forces were focused on finding five players. Four already confirmed their presence and only now we are only without Gaudio, who has an economic offer from our part, but for the moment has yet to respond," expressed Martin Jaite, the director of the tournament.

"It is a pleasure to regain Coria and Nalbandian for the tournament, as well to have Ferrero for the first time, Moreover, having Moya in the draw is important for the female element", commented Jaite with a smile.

Nido is just going on about security.

On Monday 13th to Friday 17th of Feb the day will begin at 11 o'clock and the night session, that will be comprised of two encounters, at 19,30 o'clock. On Saturday the 18th the semifinals start at 12 and the end on Sunday will start at 14 o'clock.

Jaite indicated besides that one of the wildcards will be for the Brazilian one Gustavo Kuerten (today is 294 of the world and his ranking would not permit him to enter the tournament directly) and the second would be for the youthful one Argentine Juan Martin del Potro.

Beyond the tennis players mentioned, unofficially, is known that they will be in the list of the ATP the Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela (40), Augustine Calleri (52), Carlos Berlocq (80), Mariano Zabaleta (83) and Juan Monaco (85), besides the Chilean Fernando González (11) and Nicolas Massú (65). Also Luis Horna will be on this list.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-04-2006, 05:21 AM   #24
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Just thought I'd drop this by since the tournament thread for 2006 hasn't made it to Buenos Aires yet.

ATP Buenos Aires
1. Nalbandian, David ARG 6
2. Coria, Guillermo ARG 8
3. Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 17
4. Moya, Carlos ESP 31
5. Volandri, Filippo ITA 38
6. Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 39
7. Acasuso, Jose ARG 40
8. Serra, Florent FRA 49
9. Martin, Alberto ESP 50
10. Calleri, Agustin ARG 51
11. Massu, Nicolas CHI 65
12. Montanes, Alberto ESP 71
13. Berlocq, Carlos ARG 79
14. Pashanski, Boris SCG 82
15. Zabaleta, Mariano ARG 83
16. Horna, Luis PER 84
17. Monaco, Juan ARG 85
18. Behrend, Tomas GER 89
19. Daniel, Marcos BRA 94
OUT. Lapentti Nicolas ECU 95
21. Vanek, Jiri CZE 99
22. Kim, Kevin USA 101
23. Starace, Potito ITA 105
24 Saretta, Flavio BRA 109
25 Vicente, Fernando ESP 110
26 del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG) (WC)
27 Kuerten, Gustavo (BRA) (WC)
28 (WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Alternates
IN. Mello, Ricardo BRA 111
2. Sabau, Razvan ROM 112
3. Marin, Juan Antonio CRC 113
4. Almagro, Nicolas ESP 114
5. Hernandez, Oscar ESP 115
6. Mantilla, Felix ESP 117
7. Mazarakis, Vasilis GRE 118
8. Portas, Albert ESP 119
9. Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 120
10. Di Mauro, Alessio ITA 125
11. Marach, Oliver AUT 127
12. Dlgado, Ramon PAR 132
13. Patience, Olivier FRA 133
14. Navarro Pastor, Ivan ESP 139
15. Kubot, Lukasz POL 143

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 01-05-2006 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #25
country flag Effka

Effka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that GWH. The competition in Buenos seems pretty rough and he has some points to defend out there. That'll be an exciting tournament to follow for sure
Old 01-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #26
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Lot of players that I would like to see - so why don't they just pick up this whole tournament and play it in Europe (j/k) Good Luck Chucho!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 02-04-2006, 05:47 AM   #27
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Here is an article about Chucho, which I can't translate at the moment.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...?pagId=1135805

Grítelo, Chucho

Acasuso, candidato a reemplazar al Gato Gaudio si éste no llega a la Davis, sufrió para derrotar al checo Friedl pero pasó a semi en Viña.

JORGE VIALE. jviale@ole.com.ar

Con lo parejo del circuito, el jugador no puede desaprovechar ninguna oportunidad que se le presente. Dependiendo de los objetivos y el nivel de cada uno, un cuadro que se abre por derrotas de los principales candidatos es una puerta abierta hacia un mejor ranking y el pasaporte directo a campeonatos más importantes, evitando así las siempre difíciles clasificaciones. Por eso, aunque la haya pasado mal en la victoria por 3-6, 6-1 y 7-5 ante el checo Leos Friedl, un doblista que no jugaba un ATP en singles desde el 2001, vale el triunfo de Chucho en Viña del Mar. Este torneo con 380.000 dólares sufrió retiros a último momento (Chela, Volandri, Mantilla, Kuerten), inesperadas derrotas (Calleri, Horna), para terminar de darles posibilidades a jugadores de nivel challenger. Con la derrota de Gastón Gaudio (1ø), que iba por la llave superior, Chucho tomó la posta y es candidato a llegar a la final por aquel sector.

"Hoy (ayer) no saqué como lo venía haciendo. El me sacaba un poco de tiempo y me jugaba bajo. No me sentí jugando bien", dijo Chucho. Friedl, de 29 años, 20ø en dobles y sin ranking en singles, complicaba con el saque, con el dominio de su revés a dos manos y con subidas a la red impropias de esta superficie (más teniendo en cuenta la humedad de una ciudad costera). El europeo llegó a tener una ventaja de 5-3 en el tercero, antes de que José le ganara cuatro games al hilo. En 5-5, los nervios de Friedl le hicieron cometer tres doble faltas. "Tengo que mejorar y pegarle más a la pelota si quiero ganar", admitió el argentino, que de pasar a la final volverá a meterse entre los mejores 40 (hoy es 46ø). Sus resultados son seguidos con atención por Alberto Mancini, capitán de la Davis, quien debe barajar opciones por si Gastón Gaudio, lesionado en el hombro derecho, no llega a jugar la serie con Suecia, prevista para el próximo fin de semana en el Parque Roca. El capitán esperará hasta el lunes para seguir la evolución del ex rey de Roland Garros (ver Luli...).

El rival de Acasuso será el español Rubén Ramírez Hidalgo, el que sacó a Gaudio. Ayer derrotó a su compatriota Albert Monta-

ñés por 6-2, 2-6 y 6-2. Del otro lado del cuadro podría haber un choque entre locales: Nicolás Massú superó al español Carlos Cuadrado por 4-6, 7-6 (7-4) y 6-3, y esperaba por Fernando Gonzá-

lez, quien enfrentaba anoche al serbio Boris Pashanski. Ante el Vampiro, el récord de Acasuso es de 1-3. Peor le fue contra Feña: 1-7. Hora de tener una revancha.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #28
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article. It´s about how he is doing in Viña and says that Mancini is paying attention to that, his possibility to play DC... Nothing really new.. He said that he didn´t serve well during the match against Friedl and that made him strugle a little, specially because Friedl was serving very well. He (Chucho) says he must improve for the next matches if he wants to win.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #29
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Lau, nice to see you here too. I didn't know you were a Chucho's fan too as me (we both share our love for Marat Safin!)

Hi guys!! i am in Buenos Aires ( i suppose Lau too)! and i will be following the action of ATP Buenos Aires, glad to let you know everything will happen! Same for Davis Cup, we have here the complete broadcasting. I hope Chucho will play in the team!

But now we have match in Viña in a few hours!! Vamos, Chucho!

My tennis proffessor was also an ATP player and he is friend of Chucho! so i will have news to share! He always says Chucho is a great guy!

Last edited by maria87 : 02-04-2006 at 06:12 PM.
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #30
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87
Hi, Lau, nice to see you here too. I didn't know you were a Chucho's fan too as me (we both share our love for Marat Safin!)

Hi guys!! i am in Buenos Aires ( i suppose Lau too)! and i will be following the action of ATP Buenos Aires, glad to let you know everything will happen! Same for Davis Cup, we have here the complete broadcasting. I hope Chucho will play in the team!

But now we have match in Viña in a few hours!! Vamos, Chucho!

My tennis proffessor was also an ATP player and he is friend of Chucho! so i will have news to share! He always says Chucho is a great guy!
Hi Maria and welcome