Chucho News and Articles - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #211
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti_228 View Post
Chucho def Moncaco,not massu
Yes, it was Monaco.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #212
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Short interview in Ole today. Anna posted the photo in the photos thread.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...fecha=20061213

TENNIS: JOSÉ ACASUSO, FACE TO FACE WITH OLE
“We are favourites”

Chucho analyzes the Davis Cup tie against Austria and speaks of the time he thought of quitting tennis.

SANTIAGO GRAZIOLO. sgraziolo@ole.com.ar
The guy doesn´t stop. Only 10 days from his match against Marat Safin in Moscow passed and since the moment he arrived to the country, José Acasuso played two exhibitions last week (Vilas Cup and Indoor Masters of Córdoba) and yesterday he was in Pilar Golf Club in the Ole 10º Anniversary Meeting, where a group of amateur tennis players asked him about his professional life. After that he chatted with this newspaper. “Today I enjoy my holidays”, José said.

-But you didn´t stop…

-Well, but now I´ll spend some days resting and then I´ll travel to start the tour activity. This year I decided to start directly in the Australian Open. (starts 15th February)

-More than a week after the Davis Cup final passed… Which are the sensations left?

-I think that if the tie would have been played on clay, we would have won the Cup, but it was not that way. The team is convinced that will go for "revenge" (it´s not so strong in Spanish) in a short time. What we didn´t understand is that the press said that there was an argument between Nalbandian and Mancini, but nothing happened. It bothered us because this group, if it´s characterized by something, is the union that showed. Really, it was only an ideas exchange.

-The road of “revenge” (again, it is not this strong when it is said in Spanish) starts in Austria. How do you see the tie?

-We make a great team and Austria has got their figures, such as Jurgen Melzer in the singles. He is in a good doubles with someone like Julian Knowles. Despite not being locals and that it will be on carpet, I trust that we are favourites for this tie.

-How do you feel nowadays in the tour?

-I´m 24 years old and I already have 8 as a professional, so, I feel like a veteran. I still remember when I came to live to Buenos Aires, what meant a change coming from Misiones, and the bad moments when the idea of quitting tennis crossed my mind.

-What?!

-Yes. During 2002 and 2003 I thought I would never play again due to the injuries I suffered, I could not recover from them. I was afraid I would never be healthy again because every time I entered a court I played a tournament and got injured for two months (adductor muscle, knee, etcetera). It was a difficult moment. But today I´m happy I haven´t quited tennis.

-A unique 2006 comes to an end for you. What are your goals for 07?

-The idea is to be in the top 15 (today he´s 27º). With my work group we are doing everything possible to make it. It´s essential having a good performance in all surfaces. Tennis is getting more and more professional, good players are “emerging”. The one I like the most is Novak Djokovic, a 19 years old Serbian that is in the top 20 (16º). Most of them have a good level and in the little details the difference is made.

The next one, with Cañas
José will take some free days, he´ll skip the Copa Argentina and on Sunday he´ll play another exhibiton, in Parque Roca, during the “Interclubes” final, called “Liga de Primera” (Prime League). There, he´ll face Guillermo Cañas. The League final will count with Juan Chela, Juan Monaco, Martín Vassallo, Mariano Zabaleta, Luis Lobo and Javier Frana.

It will be carpet in Austria
Austria chose indoor carpet (there will be low temperatures) for the first round tie, that will be played between the 9th and 11th February. The place will be the Intersport Arena of Linz, a city with 180,000 inhabitants in the North of the country. Meanwhile, Chile will recieve Russia, the current champion, in La Serena´s clay.

Last edited by lau : 12-13-2006 at 09:05 PM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #213
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lau.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #214
country flag Chuuuuuuuuuucho

Chuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond repute

Great article, thanks Lau.
Chuuuuuuuuuucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #215
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
TENNIS: JOSÉ ACASUSO, FACE TO FACE WITH OLE
“We are favourites”

Chucho analyzes the Davis Cup tie against Australia and speaks of the time he thought of quitting tennis.
thanks, lau...what i quoted is and error? i mean, it should say "Austria" right?

I am glad Chucho feels fine....but when in the article he say "we are favourites"? i cannot find it! Thanks!!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #216
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post
I am glad Chucho feels fine....but when in the article he say "we are favourites"? i cannot find it! Thanks!!
This is from the original:

—El camino de la revancha comienza en Austria. ¿Cómo ves la serie?

—Nosotros formamos un gran equipo y Austria tiene de referentes a Jurgen Melzer en el single. El forma el doble con un buen doblista como Julian Knowle. Pese a que vamos a ser visitantes y sobre carpeta, confío en que somos favoritos para esa serie.

It's another good, even if short, interview with him. For all the appearance he gives of being on the more reserved side and not totally comfortable with all the attention, he always gives some good, honest answers.

Thanks lau.:-)
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #217
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna10 View Post
This is from the original:

—El camino de la revancha comienza en Austria. ¿Cómo ves la serie?

—Nosotros formamos un gran equipo y Austria tiene de referentes a Jurgen Melzer en el single. El forma el doble con un buen doblista como Julian Knowle. Pese a que vamos a ser visitantes y sobre carpeta, confío en que somos favoritos para esa serie.

It's another good, even if short, interview with him. For all the appearance he gives of being on the more reserved side and not totally comfortable with all the attention, he always gives some good, honest answers.

Thanks lau.:-)
thanks, anna for the quote and thanks, lau for the effort of the translation!

now i found it in the translation!

-The road of “revenge” (again, it is not this strong when it is said in Spanish) starts in Austria. How do you see the tie?

-We make a great team and Austria has got their figures, such as Jurgen Melzer in the singles. He is in a good doubles with someone like Julian Knowles. Despite not being locals and that it will be on carpet, I trust that we are favourites for this tie.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #218
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

yeah,corrected now
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #219
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
yeah, I´ll correct it now
Old 12-14-2006, 03:12 AM   #220

Chuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond reputeChuuuuuuuuuucho has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a story today from INFOBAE.COM regarding Chucho's new girlfriend...There was a pic of her in the article but I couldn't save and post it.

Los pescaron in fraganti en un boliche

José “Chucho” Acasuso ya habría encontrado quien lo consuele tras la derrota de la Copa Davis. La bellísima Agustina Córdova intenta adueñarse del corazón del tenista

José Acasuso atravesaba uno de los momentos más tristes de su vida, luego de perder un punto decisivo ante Marat Safin en la Copa David, que significó la coronación del equipo ruso.

Pero el destino premió a “Chucho” con una buena. Según trascendió, la modelo Agustina Córdoba quedó impactada por la belleza y la personalidad del tenista.

Y, como era de esperarse, el misionero no tardó en reaccionar. En un evento que tuvo lugar días atrás en Crobar, la flamante pareja no se separó en toda la noche, según indica la revista Caras.

Como si fuera poco, la morocha que saltó a la fama en el reality show “Super M” lo alentó desde la tribuna en la segunda edición de la Copa Guillermo Vilas.

Agustina, modelo y actriz que participó en varias tiras, estuvo de novia durante mucho tiempo con el empresario futbolístico Gustavo Mascardi.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:16 AM   #221
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha, new girlfriend I don't believe it. Just cause Chucho is seen talking to a girl, doesn't mean he has a girlfriend.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-14-2006, 03:23 AM   #222

I don't speak Spanish very well, but I used one of those free translator services and I thought it said they were all over each other at the bar...but I could be wrong. Anyway, the press is all over this story...whether it's true or not...I'm hoping not.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:26 AM   #223
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Why would it matter cause Chucho wouldn't go for any of the girls that post on this message board.

Could you please include full internet links please for future articles.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-14-2006, 03:40 AM   #224

Geez, I guess you're Mr. Friendly around here...and that's not what I meant when I said that I hope it's not true.

Here's the link happy pants:

http://infobae.com/notas/nota.php?Id...3&IdxSeccion=0
Old 12-14-2006, 03:42 AM   #225
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

No, it's commonsense to post links to news articles that aren't your own written work, that is all.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1