Chucho News and Articles - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #151
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

Disclaimer: I`m not the best one translating… Some things are translated as it might be said in English and not literally (there is some slang and Argentine or Spanish expressions). And some other things are not well translated at all
Here it is...., I hope everything is understood...

FACE TO FACE WITH ACASUSO
I told you

In February Acasuso predicted how the DC would continue and he guessed right the semifinals and final. Today he continues wishing a 4-1 against Russia. And announces: “If we win, I`ll shave my head”

JORGE VIALE jviale@ole.com.ar
José Acasuso "explores" with the spoon a “dulce de leche” icecream and raises his voice to confess: “Even if you`re focused, even if you`re playing Davis Cup, it`s impossible not to “check” a girl while you`re playing. Impossible”. It`s the inevitable topic in an almost completely Missionary conversation table: Chucho, his brother Juan and the friends Raúl and Fernando (prefers to be called Pulga), plus Ponta (he`s from Rosario) and Olè.
Seated in Janio, a little bar in Palermo, in a pleasant Monday afternoon, it was imposible not to turn the head continuously, even despite the risk of having a tiff neck . It´s clear that spending this time with friends makes Josè happy. He says that this time after celebrating he slept enough: “Seven hours more less. I feel destroyed anyway”. That`s why he cancelled his visit to Metz (the next week) and will come back in Viena.

The 5-0 score against Australia, his important contribution with the victory over Lleyton Hewitt, revives (I hope this is the word) in the newspapers. Now it`s time to think in the historic qualification for the final against Russia. This is no news for Chucho… Yes, he already knew it and the document that Olè brought proves it. In one of the newspaper`s production after the victory against Sweden in February, Chucho made his “prote” (in referense to the “Prode”, a game where you predict football results) and he glimpsed a final against Russia. “I can`t believe you kept the paper”, he says surprised. There`s the document with numbers written by his hand: he was right about the draw and he guessed a couple of difficult ties, like Russia`s victory against France or the 3-2 of the Russians against USA.

-Do you mantain the 4-1 you predicted for the final?
-Yes (and he says it surely)

"And which is the lost point?"
, asks Raùl as a journalist. “One can be against Safin. David against Davydenko won`t lose it “even drunk” (that´s an argentine expresión, don´t take it literally and it is used very frecuently..., sounds too over the top when it`s translated) , I`m sure”, he affirms with conviction.

- First time in Russia…

-Yes. I didn´t go to Moscow or St. Petesburg. It was said that you have problems with foreign money and they checked a lot the luggage. Cold? It will be terrible. It would be good being there 10 or 11 days befote to get used to it.

The trip to Moscow will have a con: it will take time of the 2007 pre-season.
“yes, I only a “maintaining work” in December. The time for vacations will be shorter too.”, says José without resignation and announces: “If I win the DC, I shave my head”.

The dessert is ready and the bill arrives. “Ah! That`s Acasuso? He has been coming here for some time, but I didn`t know it was him”, apologizes the waitress. José have been living in Palermo for 4 years and in the beginning he lived with his brother, Raúl and Alexis, a friend that came back to Posadas to raise his twins. “I always did more the dish washing than cooking”, José admits. “We had an intern rule book, we made everyone sign it, certified by Juan, who`s a lawyer” details Raúl. “For example, then one who came to eat without notice had to clean the bathroom. Everything was ruled: cooking, taking baths, bringing women, everything…”

José continues, “We had a notebook in which be glued envelopes with our names. There we put the bills and change and then we divided the money. The rules were in the fridge so everyone could see them”. Raùl rewinds and focuses in the “metegol” (table football) nights in Posadas. “It was before we came to Buenos Aires, when we were 16. We played with some guys there, we were fantastic”, he says. Ponta reveals the lazy side of the famous friend. “The coach called me and said: It`s 12 and he`s still sleeping?” José clarifies any doubt: “That was time ago, I changed now”. Due to the trip to Buenos Aires he had to quit the basquetball he practiced at night, after tennis, in the Itapúa Club in Posadas.

-How did you feel on Saturday, when Chucho “enganchó” (¿hooked? didn`t hit well the ball) the first drive after the rain interruption during the match against Hewitt?" “I was a little scared”, Pulga admits. Raúl contradicts: “I suffered more with Friedl, the Czech, in Viña del Mar. I was there”. José adds: “They suffered against Johansson in the DC too”

- Calleri said it yesterday and Mancini too: the desire is to maintain the same team…

-I would like to be the four of us during the whole year, but we have to play well the next indoor tour too, continue demonstrating. Cañas? He has got the level, I practiced with him, the thing is that for now he will play smaller tournaments …

Will Chucho pay the trip to Russia to his (best? lifetime?) friends? José smiles and continues playing with the spoon. No comments for for the momment.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...fecha=20060926

Last edited by lau : 10-02-2006 at 10:28 AM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #152
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much, lau, enjoyed the read.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:20 AM   #153
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting Lau. Thanks for the hard work.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #154
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Great article and good answers from Chucho and you did very well with the translation Lau.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #155
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

You`re welcome, people I`m glad you enjoyed it.
I just corrected a couple of typos and little things...
About the interview..., I think it´s nice that he has got such close friends outside the tennis world. I allways thought that`s a sign of mental health
Old 10-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #156
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

HI, i saw Tennis Pro this Friday!! it was entirely dedicated to Davis Cup and it was really funny! about Chucho, all were joking with him because he "lost" his gf! he is single now, they said!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #157
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Good translation Lau.

Nobody saw Chucho saying that he will retire in 2009?

That was in Tennis Pro.

I don't know how serious he was being, though.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #158
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
Good translation Lau.

Nobody saw Chucho saying that he will retire in 2009?

That was in Tennis Pro.

I don't know how serious he was being, though.
Even if he was serious about it, he can allways change his mind. Many things can happen in 3 years..., bad (for example injuries) and good ones (f. ex. big titles)
You never know...

EDIT: For the record, I didn´t watch Tennis Pro

Last edited by lau : 10-04-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #159
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lau

And hopefully this 2009 is not true

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #160
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Acasuso quiere lo que no pudo el fútbol

El tenista misionero, José “Chucho” Acasuso, anhela lograr lo que no pudo el fútbol ni el básquet, traer una copa mundial a la Argentina.

Disfrutando de despejarse de todo lo generado el pasado fin de semana por la Copa Davis, el tenista misionero José Acasuso siguió visitando los programas más vistos por todo el país. Esta vez, Chucho estuvo en "Jamón del Medio", espacio conducido por Miguel Ángel Rodríguez y Gastón Recondo.

El posadeño comenzó recordando sus inicios en el Tenis: "Comencé a jugar desde los 3 años. Mi papá fue mi primer profesor, mis dos hermanos mayores ya practicaban y yo los molestaba en la parte de afuera de la cancha".

Asimismo, el número 26 del ranking de la ATP destacó que además del tenis siempre le gustó el básquet, y que su padre le dijo que tenía que elegir alguno para dedicarse a pleno... Y no se equivocó.

"A los 16 me fui a vivir a Buenos Aires con mis hermanos, en ese momento me ofrecieron para ir a Francia y representar a ese país en la Copa Davis. Estuve dos semanas en Europa, no aguanté y regresé. Luego mis tíos me ayudaron para que siga entrenando y así pude participar de mis primeros campeonatos profesionales", resumió Acasuso.

Por otro lado, entre Recondo, el propio tensita y Rodríguez discutieron la labor de un psicólogo en el tenis. Pero Chucho sacó la idea principal, comentó que "el psicólogo te ayuda como un profesional, no como un amigo. Te da una mano cuando estás afuera durante mucho tiempo y no tenés a tus familiares, para mí es muy importante. Soy alguien que le cuesta mucho abrirse para hablar, pero con las únicas personas con las que no tengo restricciones es con mi hermano y con mi psicólogo", confesó.

Finalizando, Acasuso habló sobre la final de la Davis que se disputará el 1, 2 y 3 de diciembre ante Rusia: "Ojalá que podamos traer la Copa. Ni el fútbol, ni el básquet lo pudo hacer, así que esperemos que sea el tenis", anheló.

Summary

I am not a native Spanish speaker and some things had to be changed to make it readable, but this is the context.

Acasuso wants to do what the football team could not

The misionero tennis player Jose "Chucho" Acasuso longs to achieve what the football and the basketball team didn't, that is bring a World Cup to Argentina.
Enjoying the freedom from all the interest generated from the Davis Cup last weekend, the misionero player Jose Acasuso continued to be on the most popular programs nationally. This time Chucho was on "Jamón del Medio" hosted by Miguel Angel Rodriguez and Gastón Recondo.

The man from Posadas began recalling his beginning in tennis. "I started playing when I was 3. My father was my trainer and my two older brothers already started and I bothered them in the space away from the court."

The number 26 ranked player on ATP also liked basketball besides tennis and his father told him that he had to choose one and be fully dedicated to it. This choice was not a mistake.

"At 16 I went to live in Buenos Aires with my brothers, then they offered me a chance to go to France and represent them in Davis Cup. I was in Europe for two weeks and I didn't endure it and returned home. Then my aunt and uncle helped me continue with the coaching and then I was able to participate in my first professional championships", summarised Acasuso.

On the other hand, among Recondo, the typical tennis player and Rodriguez they discussed the work of the psychologist in tennis. But Chucho refuted the main idea, commented that "the psychologist helps you as a professional, not like a friend. Is to give you a hand when you are outside for a long time and not have your relatives, for me is very important. I am someone that takes a lot of time to open up and speak, but with the only people that I have no restrictions with are my brother and with my psychologist", confessed.

Finally, Acasuso spoke about the Davis Cup final which be played from December 1-3 in Russia. "I hope that we can bring home the Davis Cup. Neither the football, nor the basketball team could do it, so we expect it will be the tennis team that longs for it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #161
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation, GWH. I had the article in a stack to read, but some days my high school Spanish goes further than others.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #162
country flag lau

Thanks for the article, George. The translation is really well
Geeez, I hate when I read that players I like have been in TV shows and I don`t watch it

Last edited by lau : 10-04-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #163
country flag sonatinca

sonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for very interesting articles!
The only thing I cant understand, what do they mean when they use word "misionero"

December 1-3, 2006 Moscow - A fairy tale I'll never forget

~*~Also the Proud Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society~*~

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today. - James Dean

sonatinca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #164
country flag anna10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonatinca View Post
Thanx for very interesting articles!
The only thing I cant understand, what do they mean when they use word "misionero"
Misiones is the region of Argentina he is from, so the people are misionero/a.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #165
country flag sonatinca

sonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond repute

anna10
Oh, really? Didnt know that. Thank you!
That's really interesting

December 1-3, 2006 Moscow - A fairy tale I'll never forget

~*~Also the Proud Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society~*~

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today. - James Dean

sonatinca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote