Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2006, 06:02 AM   #61
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Thanks Mae & GG!! I got around to putting up the first part of his history: the "pre-Pro" years called "THE ROOTS OF HIS MAGIC"...

It was hard to not let a lot of numbers and accomplishments become DRY so I tried to keep a real flow and continue to "tell a story" and make you want to read on....

Hopefully, this is a good start to what will be more complicated...his history up til NOW as a pro, through the nandrolone scandal, regaining his points, the winning streak, the 04 Roland Garros, the shoulder surgery, and recovery though many nerves to the current day.

GG, by the way, that story of him & Carla has been told many ways, and my take is that Guille has a "creative memory" about things, and the details shift quite a bit from telling to telling.

the update is at http://kingcoria.com/roots.html

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

Last edited by daze11 : 01-05-2006 at 04:27 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #62
country flag cleo1986

cleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond reputecleo1986 has a reputation beyond repute

hey Daze, I love the section on your site! I discovered many things I didn't know about Guille. It's very well written and not at all 'dry'. I hope the site will keep growing and I look forward to the next addition.
Doubles:
Winner Buenos Aires CH 2006/Lima CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
Final Costa do Sauipe 2007/Mexico City CH 2007/ Tunica Resorts CH 2007 with ExcaliburII
cleo1986 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #63
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I just had a quick look at it, I can't read everything now, but are you sure about the thing with the grandmother? I know they wrote that on the website of the US Open for example, but I always thought it was an old story!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
my take is that Guille has a "creative memory" about things, and the details shift quite a bit from telling to telling.
Yes, I quite agree with that! I've already read so many different things about him. The journalists and translators probably twist his words sometimes, but I think he also tends to embroider or distort a few things in his interviews.
(He said for example once in "Tennis plus" that he comes from a poor family and couldn't always eat his fill at home when he was a kid. I doubt it. Or maybe just because he's got such a big appetite!)

Last edited by Truc : 01-06-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #64
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
Sorry, I just had a quick look at it, I can't read everything now, but are you sure about the thing with the grandmother? I know they wrote that on the website of the US Open for example, but I always thought it was an old story!
Yes, I quite agree with that! I've already read so many different things about him. The journalists and translators probably twist his words sometimes, but I think he also tends to embroider or distort a few things in his interviews.
(He said for example once in "Tennis plus" that he comes from a poor family and couldn't always eat his fill at home when he was a kid. I doubt it. Or maybe just because he's got such a big appetite!)
yeah, i dont think he lies but i think there are many valid perceptions of events and you can only tell one at a time, and he tells a number of different versions...its part of his completeness and attention to detail. my my, he will always be misunderstood...

(ie, obviously he did a lot to pursue carla, contacting the coach etc, but there probably was a moment where, when together, he became shy, and she made the first move to kiss or something...but in these press interviews you dont really have time to elaborate on anything --especially on things which are essentially nobody's business-- so you put out bits & pieces here and there, and sometimes thats going to seem contradictory)

and yes, he DOES live with the grandma still, AND carla...

but true, for his FAMILY, he bought a big walled-in estate, because its dangerous to be a successful athlete in argentina. Nine different soccer players, for instance were either kidnapped or had family kidnapped for ransoms. Even nalbandian had kidnapping threats to his family a couple of years ago. so being high profile has a big price and pressure there...but guille himself is not 'home' so often and he doesnt want to live in the fortress. i dont know WHY he doesnt, but he chooses not to.

Last edited by daze11 : 01-06-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #65
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I didn't know that with his family, it's strange! It made me smile last time when I read the story with the grandmotehr on the official website of the US Open, I was sure it was old stuff.

As for the other thing, I don't think he lies, just a few things sound a little bit "romanticized" to me. But I don't care, he can tell us what he wants about his private life, I find it rather amusing actually.
"Creative memory" was so cute.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:23 AM   #66
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah, i dont think he lies but i think there are many valid perceptions of events and you can only tell one at a time, and he tells a number of different versions...its part of his completeness and attention to detail. my my, he will always be misunderstood...

(ie, obviously he did a lot to pursue carla, contacting the coach etc, but there probably was a moment where, when together, he became shy, and she made the first move to kiss or something...but in these press interviews you dont really have time to elaborate on anything --especially on things which are essentially nobody's business-- so you put out bits & pieces here and there, and sometimes thats going to seem contradictory)

and yes, he DOES live with the grandma still, AND carla...

but true, for his FAMILY, he bought a big walled-in estate, because its dangerous to be a successful athlete in argentina. Nine different soccer players, for instance were either kidnapped or had family kidnapped for ransoms. Even nalbandian had kidnapping threats to his family a couple of years ago. so being high profile has a big price and pressure there...but guille himself is not 'home' so often and he doesnt want to live in the fortress. i dont know WHY he doesnt, but he chooses not to.
The way I heard it is dat Guille's dad knew Carla's coach at that OTHER tennis school and...a whole lot of other stuff :retard: wE'Ll NeVeR kNoW BUT who cares at least they're together. NOW!,

Rumor has it!...I'm not even gonna say it. I hate rumors Sorry to get'chall itchin' to know wut dat rumuh iz but oh well! About that new page! ^^

"And by the tender age of 9, he was #1 in the Province, winning six tournaments without losing a set."

What?! I didn't even know that @.@; *reads* Ow, poor Jose...Acasuso I mean....de Armas too...

Omg I love this pic! ^^ he obviously took it himself, risking blindness with the flash. Smart! :retard:

"Bake sales! Can cupcakes, cookies, and brownies fuel the Little Prince's rocket escape to Miami?"

Aww so cute the way you wrote that!!! ^^

"and even started doing his own laundry!"

Damnit! Feds is everywhere!!! I guess he had to beat the best to become the best

Oop! "Drama". I almost broke into a rap

I LOVE it!!! Awesome job Daze

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #67
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl
The way I heard it is dat Guille's dad knew Carla's coach at that OTHER tennis school and...a whole lot of other stuff :retard: wE'Ll NeVeR kNoW BUT who cares at least they're together. NOW!,

Rumor has it!...I'm not even gonna say it. I hate rumors Sorry to get'chall itchin' to know wut dat rumuh iz but oh well! About that new page! ^^

"And by the tender age of 9, he was #1 in the Province, winning six tournaments without losing a set."

What?! I didn't even know that @.@; *reads* Ow, poor Jose...Acasuso I mean....de Armas too...

Omg I love this pic! ^^ he obviously took it himself, risking blindness with the flash. Smart! :retard:

"Bake sales! Can cupcakes, cookies, and brownies fuel the Little Prince's rocket escape to Miami?"

Aww so cute the way you wrote that!!! ^^

"and even started doing his own laundry!"

Damnit! Feds is everywhere!!! I guess he had to beat the best to become the best

Oop! "Drama". I almost broke into a rap

I LOVE it!!! Awesome job Daze
not gonna mention:

"You can bet, Guille is eager and pleased. The star was rising and rising fast for this dreamer with the magic wand growing in size by the day!"
???

Old 01-10-2006, 03:47 AM   #68

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG that is SO retarded And yet true!

Old 01-10-2006, 05:55 AM   #69
country flag Baseline

Baseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond repute

V. cute Daze - super job and thanks!!! I wonder where you came up with all those pics?

Thought the tennis racquet shaped b'day cake was cute - maybe we should post that here for Guille's birthday Jan. 13?

Also, isn't that an Adidas logo on his shorts when he's like 3? Just when did that company sign him up? lol Smart company.

Vamos!
Baseline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #70
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

I should have written it a few days ago, what a great page, Daze. I knew almost nothing about his early days, thanks for the details!
I loved the cupcakes part! haha~

(still can't stop smiling...)

Last edited by napki : 01-10-2006 at 07:02 PM.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:28 AM   #71
country flag daze11

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU SAYING SUCH KIND THINGS!! I am glad you are all enjoying it...it definitely came as an extention of writing with all of you here on MTF, so I hope we can all feel proud of it, and mostly have some fun with it.

i very casually put up some match trades at the bottom of the site, so hopefully some folks with cool or rare recordings will make contact and get more things available for more people. there are tons of tennis tape sites around, but i'm going to keep this one limited to guille--i'm busy enough already! Not sure its really necessary, but i figure it cant hurt.

Last edited by daze11 : 01-11-2006 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:05 AM   #72
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATennisFan
Also, isn't that an Adidas logo on his shorts when he's like 3? Just when did that company sign him up? lol Smart company.
i had to look this up--i just added it to the 'roots' section, in fact. guille was only SIX when he was invited to join the adidas training team in argentina!!! smart company, indeed!!!!

Old 01-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #73
country flag daze11

w-h-e-w!!!! finally....the history of his pro life is up in the section, "El Mago's Spell of Destiny" ...

I think its a little too long, actually, but there was soooooooo much information. And people can skim.

Also, a google search of "Guillermo Coria English" and --of course-- "King Coria" brings the site up first! A search of "Guille Coria" also brings it up in the first five. the internet is amazing.

Anyway, let me know what you think!! Now I'm off to

Old 01-14-2006, 05:48 PM   #74
country flag Baseline

Baseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
w-h-e-w!!!! finally....the history of his pro life is up in the section, "El Mago's Spell of Destiny" ...

I think its a little too long, actually, but there was soooooooo much information. And people can skim.

Also, a google search of "Guillermo Coria English" and --of course-- "King Coria" brings the site up first! A search of "Guille Coria" also brings it up in the first five. the internet is amazing.

Anyway, let me know what you think!! Now I'm off to
Have to check that out, but I'm sure it's great like the rest of the site - thanks again!!!!

As for searches turning up your site - I've noticed sites put in key words just to be pulled up. It's fair, so you should do it too. Not sure what you need to add, but e.g. if you put Guillermo Coria and Guille Coria and El Mago etc... all in the top, maybe that would bring it up high in the results for more searches. Some sites are v. irritating, adding totally irrelevant terms to come up in searches on unrelated matters.
Baseline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:10 AM   #75

SCHUETTLER! It's spelled Schuettler! Ok you only missed the "c"

OMG I don't have this pic!
Ok yeah I DO with that shity watermark all over it Heh!!! Thanks Daze! Hope you don't mind me stealing it

Pssh, mentally retarded crowd. If they has any sense, they'd have been rooting for the HALF-ITALIAN GUY. GUILLE. DUH Rome? Italy? Stupid people

*dies*...Hey wait a second!!! That's not at the USO! The courts aren't blue! You didn't think I'd notice that did you??? Still a gorgeous pic though

Frickin' dope man. Another great job!!!