Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #31
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 72,441
adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Great site Gustavo

Carla
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-27-2005, 05:20 AM   #32
country flag daze11
Registered User
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,531
daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

OKAY EVERYONE....

i have added another section, called "A Day In The Life ...with Guille!" which was a way of sharing non-tennis moments and bringing more of his personality off court into the full mix of the site.

It is RIDICULOUSLY silly.....but i think that will be balanced by most of the stuff coming later that is more grounded.

Anyway, see what you think....if its so silly that it is embarrassing, I'll change it. I had a good laugh writing it though.
__________________

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!


daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:05 AM   #33
country flag Truc
Registered User
 
Truc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 17,349
Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

No, don't change it! You say at the beginning it's just for fun and it's fun to read too.

I see the pic of him playing in the snow everywhere, but I don't know where it was taken. When was that? On some pics, you can see another Argentine player, I think it's Zabaleta.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #34
country flag napki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,465
napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
i have added another section, called "A Day In The Life ...with Guille!" which was a way of sharing non-tennis moments and bringing more of his personality off court into the full mix of the site.

It is RIDICULOUSLY silly.....but i think that will be balanced by most of the stuff coming later that is more grounded.
You said it yourself Daze! Haha~
I have the same feeling about this one as about Guille's Shanghai shirt, lol.
But there's much more to joke about outside of the court and it will balance the less fun on-court activity, which will grow without our (fans) intervention. So keep this section.

I love the way you wrote the first pages and i would love to see more of it in this one too (not necessary less pics but a bit more story behind them) so that the pictures would be there as illustration only. They are good with the caption-like entries but not as good as visual examples to a delightful narrative.

Great idea
(just in need of few touches for lazy people like me who like to to get all the interesting details to my screen without thinking too much about the possible plots that would make it stick in a memory. )

Last edited by napki : 11-27-2005 at 07:33 PM.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:27 PM   #35
country flag napki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,465
napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
I see the pic of him playing in the snow everywhere, but I don't know where it was taken. When was that? On some pics, you can see another Argentine player, I think it's Zabaleta.
It's from St. Petersburg Open few years ago.

Getty site has great collection of Guille's pictures!

Caption:
ST. PETERSBURG - OCTOBER 22: Guillermo Coria and Mariano Zabaleta of Argentina enjoy the snow in the Arts Square during the ATP St. Petersburg Open in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation on October 22, 2002. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1514337.jpg (37.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 1514336.jpg (38.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 1514335.jpg (28.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1514334.jpg (36.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1514332.jpg (30.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1514331.jpg (33.4 KB, 12 views)
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #36
country flag daze11
Registered User
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,531
daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki
You said it yourself Daze! Haha~
I have the same feeling about this one as about Guille's Shanghai shirt, lol.
But there's much more to joke about outside of the court and it will balance the less fun on-court activity, which will grow without our (fans) intervention. So keep this section.

I love the way you wrote the first pages and i would love to see more of it in this one too (not necessary less pics but a bit more story behind them) so that the pictures would be there as illustration only. They are good with the caption-like entries but not as good as visual examples to a delightful narrative.

Great idea
(just in need of few touches for lazy people like me who like to to get all the interesting details to my screen without thinking too much about the possible plots that would make it stick in a memory. )
not sure i totally get what you're saying. you liked the first pages...do you mean the main page and the 'bad boy' & 'carla' sections?? try to use the pictures as illustration, but not so much the little captions (which maybe are distracting from the rest of the text??)

the 'few touches' is to make more writing???

i am always nervous about how much text to put in because i dont know if people really read when on the internet...it is usualy considered a 'graphics' medium. i am just TOLD that people dont read and its best to keep the amount of words down. but i like text!! so are you saying you also want more writing?

thanks for the feedback!!

__________________

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!


daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:11 AM   #37
country flag napki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,465
napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
not sure i totally get what you're saying. you liked the first pages...do you mean the main page and the 'bad boy' & 'carla' sections?? try to use the pictures as illustration, but not so much the little captions (which maybe are distracting from the rest of the text??)

the 'few touches' is to make more writing???
Yes, i meant more text. sorry for the confusion.
If someone doesn't want to read the text he'll skip to the next picture without reading past the first sentence. But i think that text can add a new dimension to the page, and it looks a little bit cramped now.
Quote:
i am always nervous about how much text to put in because i dont know if people really read when on the internet...it is usualy considered a 'graphics' medium. i am just TOLD that people dont read and its best to keep the amount of words down.
You say that you like to write, how about making another verion of the same page with more writings? People can then choose then if they want short or long version and everyone will be happy! Except for you maybe, cos you'll have to do more work. Just a thought.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:32 AM   #38
country flag daze11
Registered User
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,531
daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki
how about making another verion of the same page with more writings? People can then choose then if they want short or long version and everyone will be happy!
is there a particular section you would want more writing in?

i think the carla section is pretty good...enough details without weighing the story down. 'bad boy' section i almost think is too long. (??) and the 'day in a life' is kind of a photo section with a twist, & with it being so silly, i doubt you want more words there!

(the match reports will be longer and more interpretive, and the 'growing up guille' will have good childhood stories & history til now.)

thanks again for the input...keep it coming!!
__________________

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!


daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:44 AM   #39
country flag napki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,465
napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Carla, bad boy and index page are great, don't change them! Going back and reading the day in guilles life, i think it looks good (much better than i thought at first ).

It seems like i made an elephant out of a fly (i do those things sometimes if nobody cuts me off).
Ok, my new slogan now is to think twice before posting something.

P.S. I like how you changed it so the new pages open in the same window
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 PM   #40
country flag daze11
Registered User
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,531
daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki
Carla, bad boy and index page are great, don't change them! Going back and reading the day in guilles life, i think it looks good (much better than i thought at first ).

It seems like i made an elephant out of a fly (i do those things sometimes if nobody cuts me off).
Ok, my new slogan now is to think twice before posting something.

P.S. I like how you changed it so the new pages open in the same window
its good to make an elephant out of a fly....sometimes it just takes a few looks to be sure. what i got was that you were encouraging me to write more, and thats good!!
__________________

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!


daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #41
country flag Truc
Registered User
 
Truc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 17,349
Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki
It's from St. Petersburg Open few years ago.
Thanks, I wasn't a CFFL yet at that time.
It's amazing how much you already know about Guille, btw, I'm stunned when I read some of your posts (since you've been following him for a few months only)!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:35 PM   #42
country flag napki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,465
napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
what i got was that you were encouraging me to write more, and thats good!!
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:47 PM   #43
country flag napki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,465
napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
Thanks, I wasn't a CFFL yet at that time.
It's amazing how much you already know about Guille, btw, I'm stunned when I read some of your posts (since you've been following him for a few months only)!
Qui? Moi? thankies!

(it was all getty actually, not me.
if you need some real knowledge, you'll need to ask---------------------------------------------->ATenisFan)
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 AM   #44
country flag Baseline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 432
Baseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki
if you need some real knowledge, you'll need to ask---------------------------------------------->ATenisFan)[/size]
Ummm....moi? I wouldn't say I have any real knowledge, and I definitely make mistakes, in part because I only discovered Guille a year ago myself. If I tend to find things out, it's because I love to research & write. There is IMO a lot of depth to Guille's game, character and experiences, particularly compared to the average men's tennis pro. There is always something new as well - his game is evolving as he matures which is why I think the future that lies ahead of him will be greater than anything he's accomplished thus far. Learning to play well on grass and advancing to R16 at Wimbledon is a great example of that evolution. When Guille sets his mind to a career task, he generally achieves it, so in time he will master indoors as well if he chooses to make it a priority. (might not be worth the effort (?) perhaps due to risk to ankles/feet and how it is kryptonite to his style of game)

Something interesting to look at during this long lull time,

Guille's old website was removed of course, but there is an internet site that allows you to see the archived copies of sites, so you can see a little of what Guille's site looked like through the past few years. This link is to the Spanish version, but if you have a link to the English version you can plug that into the web.archive.org website (AKA the Wayback Machine http://www.archive.org/web/web.php ) and pull up the old English versions too.

Link to page with hypertext links to various old pages of Guille's defunct site:

http://web.archive.org/web/*hh_/www.gcoria.com/Home.htm

To see the oldest one, try this link: (it took some time to load for me, so wait awhile):

http://web.archive.org/web/200103061...a.com/Home.htm

Front page included pic of Guille in shades from before 3/6/01 I guess. If you are patient you can find many pics of his family, etc... by clicking on various links.
__________________
Casino Royale (2006)
M: You don't trust anyone, do you?
James Bond: No.
M: Then you've learned your lesson.
Baseline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:12 PM   #45
country flag daze11
Registered User
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,531
daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daze's new Coria site: KINGCORIA.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATennisFan
Guille's old website was removed of course, but there is an internet site that allows you to see the archived copies of sites, so you can see a little of what Guille's site looked like through the past few years. This link is to the Spanish version, but if you have a link to the English version you can plug that into the web.archive.org website (AKA the Wayback Machine http://www.archive.org/web/web.php ) and pull up the old English versions too.

Link to page with hypertext links to various old pages of Guille's defunct site:

http://web.archive.org/web/*hh_/www.gcoria.com/Home.htm

To see the oldest one, try this link: (it took some time to load for me, so wait awhile):

http://web.archive.org/web/200103061...a.com/Home.htm

Front page included pic of Guille in shades from before 3/6/01 I guess. If you are patient you can find many pics of his family, etc... by clicking on various links.
wow, this was some superb research!!! i like the old site which was a bit more personal than what gcoria became...he wrote all these captions instead of it being ABOUT him by someone else. I wonder what he meant that the prince graphite long body is his racquet because it goes with his game?? he doesnt say WHY it goes with his game. but a lot of it i cant read.

i wanted to get more pix, but my home computer isnt fast like my work one, and i think it downloaded too slowly. i got the sunglasses pix, but i dont know if i will use that on the site cuz its not really so flattering a photo. ...though i admit, his lounging with his knee in the air like that gets me hot.
Attached Images
File Type: gif HOME_PER_r01_c01.gif (17.1 KB, 8 views)
__________________

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!



Last edited by daze11 : 11-30-2005 at 02:17 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios