Just as an expression of desire (outloud) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-17-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Just as an expression of desire (outloud)

This is not neither an idea nor a suggestion. I sincerely do not know how to label this. :retard:

I've just been thinking about how great it would be IF ,as a part of MTF/WTA, there was a game (just like playasport or others) to create, develop a tennis player and "compete" against others.

I'm sure many of you are familiar to these type of games, I myself play one atm, and I think it would be awesome to have one here.

I know I'm dreaming too much, coz any game like those take a lot of time, resources and money for sure...

I'll keep on dreaming though

D.

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just as an expression of desire (outloud)

You mean something like a manager game like they exist often in with football where you have to buy/sell players, coach your players which gain or lose ability and your team is playing simulated matches against other teams? I only know these as computer game, but I have no idea how this should work on a forum platform?!
If I misunderstood it, please explain it more detailled to me because I also want to understand your idea of that game

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
You mean something like a manager game like they exist often in with football where you have to buy/sell players, coach your players which gain or lose ability and your team is playing simulated matches against other teams? I only know these as computer game, but I have no idea how this should work on a forum platform?!
If I misunderstood it, please explain it more detailled to me because I also want to understand your idea of that game
Yeah like a manager game...of course this would not work in the forum but as a part of MTF...I mean linked to our membership status....I dunno I thought we could manage our players and mix it with the vcash (for instance using vcash to help the player buy things or improve his game)

I imagined we could manage the player just signing in on MTF. And in the forum we could have only the reference of the player we're managing ....like:
Owner/Manager: Gastón Puerta

I just imagined this could work here, plus this is a huge online-comunity and might attract some more. Those who have or get premium membership could have more advantages.

But this game has to be designed (that cannot be me, I don't know a thing about programming) and it takes time, money and will to be done.

It was just an idea....thanks for taking interest in it

Gato Gaudio
Old 12-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Oh man, I wish I knew how to program I would design the game myself and then propose to "mix" it with MTF and/ or WTAtennis.......
*sigh* damn.....oh well.........

Gato Gaudio
Old 12-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

you can always check this one out and play with us probably not what you had in mind, but it's a fun game

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=58815
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #6
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Carlita
you can always check this one out and play with us probably not what you had in mind, but it's a fun game

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=58815
Thanks hun, I'm gonna check it out

Gato Gaudio
Old 12-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon
This is not neither an idea nor a suggestion. I sincerely do not know how to label this. :retard:

I've just been thinking about how great it would be IF ,as a part of MTF/WTA, there was a game (just like playasport or others) to create, develop a tennis player and "compete" against others.

I'm sure many of you are familiar to these type of games, I myself play one atm, and I think it would be awesome to have one here.

I know I'm dreaming too much, coz any game like those take a lot of time, resources and money for sure...

I'll keep on dreaming though

D.
Wow that would be a big undertaking for sure You would definitely need a programmer to do it. And I can't help you out there because my computer knowledge is slim to none. But I do have to tell you I think it is a neat idea I'm just not sure how "do able" it is? If that makes any sense
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:52 PM   #8
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea Dan. With all the talent present at MTF, I am sure someone can come up with something.
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:36 PM   #9
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Mae and mandou
I think is "do able" as you say and that there are many talented posters around here ....but I don't know if there's any willing to do it....I mean If I could do it I would coz I got it in my mind and I think it'd work and lots of people would enjoy it
Maybe this idea got the attention of the admins and they're thinking of something....who knows??
thanks for supporting the idea anyway........

Gato Gaudio
Old 12-16-2005, 12:42 AM   #10

It sounds like you have the idea right, but you just need some help in getting it done. I hope there is at least someone on the Forum that you can work with on your idea. There really are a lot of talented people on this Forum, but I am not one of them in the area of computers
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote