Grand Prix de Lyon - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2003, 02:06 PM   #46
tennisstar059

tennisstar059 is on a distinguished road
Default Back from Lyon!!

hey all

haha glad to see the original topic i posted garnered so many replies..;..haha though the original message (an invitation to join me or meet up with me at the tourney) was lost and became a forum for talk about the latest results....well anything that generates interest is great by me! i had FABULOUS time i ended up meeting up with remi (arnaud's coach) because i stayed 3 out of the 6 nights at the Bellecour Hotel...where the players were staying and we went out for drinks a few times...not so many because as the week went on and arnaud looked to be doing better and better the time went to training with arnaud...i met him himself and he was very nice...verrry focused on trying to win another tournament....ive learned now from past experiences to keep my social activities to myself...suffice to say i enjoyed myself immensely in meeting other players at the hotel.....I TOOK PICTURES!!!! im trying to figure out if i can get them online (they arent digital but i thiiink i can scan them) of everythnig from the tournament play to me posiing with players on the courts, to me having fun with remi, bennetau, kafelnikov (he is SOOOOOO much nicer than people make him out to be), olivier & christophe rochus (and their coach) and i was reallly incredibly honored to get to be introduced to alex correjta (at the annual sunday night players party) by way of remi and i respect him so much as a player and as a person....funny he (and not others who most people would consider reallllly of celebrity-like status) was the only person who i got star struck by....i just think he's such an incredibly good role model on and off the court....anyways im hoping to also go to the tennis masters series in paris so if anyone is thiiiinking they might be there then too, maybe something could work out! good luck to everyone in the madrid masters tourney!
-ciao, ali
tennisstar059 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2003, 06:08 PM   #47
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grand Prix de Lyon

hi ali,all the pics r really appreciated so if u can post them here,it would be great!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:19 PM   #48
country flag michelleg

michelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond repute

Ali, not to worry about posting your social activities, as there are others out there in "tennisland" who have had similar experiences and can totally relate (especially when it comes to the beloved Remi, lol, but thats another story in and of itself!) Glad to hear it was a fabulous trip. Will you be in Bercy by any chance?
michelleg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:41 PM   #49
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to say, but...Rémi has a new hair cut !! And he is much better like that !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:53 PM   #50
country flag michelleg

michelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I will see it in Bercy, but do share...what did he do to it? Did he get rid of the Elvis pouf? lol
Old 10-14-2003, 11:26 PM   #51
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute

Ali,
Nice to see you had a good time. You can get your photos on here, all you need to do is attach them, so if you can get them scanned they would be much appreciated!

P.S - Im really sorry about being nasty over the whole Remi, Mario thing, but it so hard to figure out what is true and what is absolute bull on the net these days! Hope you understand!!

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:03 AM   #52
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

*looking forward to photos*
Old 10-15-2003, 09:30 AM   #53
tennisstar059

tennisstar059 is on a distinguished road

michelg,

haha dooooo tell about your remi experiences!!!!! back in washington i got the feeling that he perhaps did this routinely (welcome to the world of the men's tour: different city every week, perhaps a different girl too), vs. mario, who insisted i know that he didnt do that....that he didnt find a different girl every week (he's 19....trying to figure out if he was reallllly naive because he was so young, or because he was at that testosterone-pumping age where he's even worse than remi )...i got my pictures back this morning and will go about trying to scan them (not easy....i m studying at a castle in the middle of NOWHERE in england but im gonna try and get to a library in a local town with a scanner....be paaatient please )

bye for now! hope everyone is enjoying the madrid tourney.....arnaud and yevgeny (kafelnikov, after last weeks meeting, is my new favorite player!!! sooooooo nice!) lost first round tho
tennisstar059 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:57 PM   #54
country flag stephB

stephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond repute

maybe arnaud was to tired to play a good tourney this week
stephB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:59 PM   #55
country flag michelleg

Ali,

I, too, met him at a player party...but I was not the one with him. Tell you what....let's meet up in Paris and have a little coffee and we can swap stories about French tennis coaches, lol.

Email me: mgroenings@hotmail.com and I will let you know my itinerary so we can meet up at the tennis or at the pub/cafe.

Michelle
Old 10-17-2003, 11:31 PM   #56
country flag irishface

irishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond repute

MICHELLE!
irishface is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:04 AM   #57
country flag michelleg

IRISH!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #58
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle, who is on your avatar ?

Guy Forget
Old 10-19-2003, 01:49 PM   #59
country flag michelleg

DiP. I took the pics of him at Delray this year before he left for Scottsdale. He's my favorite He's had far too many injuries...not fair at all, since he has so much talent! Hopefully he'll be back on the tour in 04.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:38 PM   #60
country flag Marine

Yes, he is not lucky, Dip ! I hope he'll come back in 2004.

Guy Forget