11-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Last dance, Andy
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
SUICIDE SHANGHAI OOP + DAY ONE PICKS!!!
SUICIDE SHANGHAI DAY ONE PICKS!!!
We have adjusted a few rules specifically for Suicide Shanghai so please read below carefully before naming your pick.
This is our first experiment playing suicide during the masters cup so it'll be interesting to see if this works or not. Maybe everybody will end up winning, maybe not.
How to play Suicide Shanghai:
The Shanghai eight have been drawn into the following groups:
- We pick one player per day to win; if he wins, you are still in the game, if he loses, you are out.
- NEW RULE FOR SUICIDE SHANGHAI: You will be allowed to pick any two players twice. This does not mean that if your pick loses then you can pick him again. Your pick still has to win his match. If he does, then you can pick him again.
- You have until beginning of the day's matches to pick your player. Once the matches have started, you cannot pick a player. Here's a tool to help you figure out time zones (Shanghai) Go here to see the GMT for when matches begin play.
- Because there will only be two singles matches played per day, NO LATE PICKS WILL BE ALLOWED AT ALL. Hostess reserves the right to accept/reject participants .
- If you pick a player who retires during matchplay or suddenly withdraws before a match, you are out.
- If you pick a player whose match is rescheduled for the next day, your original pick still stands.
- If you find that the only picks remaining are players that you have already picked, then you are out of the game.
- No changing your mind! Once you've picked a player, it sticks.
- To avoid confusion, when naming your pick please refer to him by his given last name, do not name him by his first name or nickname.
- VCASH AWARD FOR WINNER(S)! Bank Of MTF is offering a vcash award to the lucky winner(s) of Suicide Shanghai. Multiple winners will split the prize.
- in order to win this vcash pot, the winner(s) must have picked a player to win every day of the tournament; no sick/off days allowed.
- no doubles matches will be included in this game.
- Good luck
Roger Federer, Guillermo Coria, Ivan Ljubicic, David Nalbandian
Rafael Nadal, Andre Agassi, Nikolay Davydenko, Gaston Gaudio
Matches begin at 1:00pm local (Shanghai) time. You have until then to make your pick.
SHANGHAI OOP - DAY ONE - Sunday, Nov 13, 2005
Roger Federer (SUI) vs David Nalbandian (ARG)
Gillermo Coria (ARG) vs Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
SUICIDE SHANGHAI DAY ONE PICKS:
$@M - Ljubicic
adelaide - Ljubicic
Aguante_el_Gato - Nalbandian
avocadoe - Ljubicic
bad gambler - Ljubicic
bavaria100 - Ljubicic
---Benny--- - Ljubicic
Björki - Ljubicic
Bolar Bolabi - Ljubicic
buzzy - Ljubicic
chicco77 - Federer
coreyschucky - Ljubicic
Denaon - Nalbandian
Douggie Style - Ljubicic
Dragula.mp3 - Ljubicic
fabolous - Coria
Fergie - Ljubicic
Filipo - Federer
Flibbertigibbet - Ljubicic
Frank Winkler - Ljubicic
Galaxystorm - Ljubicic
greatkingrat - Ljubicic
Hurley - Ljubicic
IvanLjubicic - Ljubicic
JBrocks - Ljubicic
kalle - Ljubicic
keqtqiadv - Nalbandian
Labamba - Ljubicic
La Tenista - Ljubicic
linus - Ljubicic
Margy - Ljubicic
mickymouse - Ljubicic
Mike Jones - Ljubicic
NyGeL - Federer
patcoriafan - Coria
PaulieM - Ljubicic
peteslamz - Ljubicic
PinkFeatherBoa - Coria
pommyNY - Ljubicic
RogerRocks - Ljubicic
savestheday91 - Ljubicic
scythe19pro - Ljubicic
Shotgun Blues - Ljubicic
silverwhite - Ljubicic
Smasher - Ljubicic
spirta - Federer
superhoops - Ljubicic
SwissMister1 - Ljubicic
Tangy - Nalbandian
TGS - Nalbandian
virex - Ljubicic
Volcanic Tennis - Ljubicic
warmy - Coria
XVM - Coria
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."
Mugs Tennis Forums
Last edited by tangerine_dream : 11-13-2005 at 04:09 AM.
11-12-2005, 03:20 AM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Re: SUICIDE SHANGHAI OOP + DAY ONE PICKS!!!
PAW Results 2010/2009/2008/2007/2006/2005:
Winner: / Stuttgart / Viña, Miami, Umag / Stuttgart / Viña / Davis Cup /
Final: / / Paris TMS / Sauipe, B.Aires, Monaco, Umag / Acapulco / Paris TMS / Tokyo
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing
PAW Rank: 14
FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off