Safin: I don't talk with Roddick - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
country flag ys

ys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Safin: I don't talk with Roddick

Big, great interview with Marat.. Only in Russian though..

http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?112377
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?112410

It sounds like his injury is quite bad.. He hopes to start jogging in few weeks, practicing a little bit in December.. He realises that he won't be fully ready by AO.
His knee injury is chronic. It won't go away for good.

Sounds he does not have a gf right now..

He speaks in a very warm manner about Yeltsin, Kafelnikov, Kournikova, Sampras, Agassi, Federer, says he has great realtionships with Roger and Lleyton.. He says that he know them and Roddick from childhood, that they changed , like Roger became closer to a typical Swiss character, but it is only Roddick who changed to worse.. He doesn't talk to Roddick after some incident they had during Athens Olympics. He didn't elaborate..

He liked Sydney Olympics very much. Athens Olympics were awful in every way, organization, first of all..

Loves RG, dislikes Wimbledon, especially the way they treat players. Says grass is not a problem..

He is friends with Roger.. He says once he promised one of his friends a racquet, but realised that he had no racquets with him. He asked Roger for a racquet for the guy and Roger had no problem.

Very enjoyable read..
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #2
country flag BlackSilver

BlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Safin: I don't talk with Roddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
Says grass is not a problem..
As always contradicting himself
BlackSilver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the summary!

Poor Marat.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver
As always contradicting himself
Really? In what way? I don't see a contradiction.

What I understood from ys' post he hates Wimbledon, the tournament, for the way they treat the players not for the grass. That's why he said grass is not a problem. He reached the final in Halle on grass, both in singles and doubles.

Unless of course there was more in Russian.
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #5
country flag revolution

revolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond repute

Well last year it was the courts he didn't like.....

Wimbledon's problem is that it's too upper class and snobby, always been the case. Grass has always been my favourite surface, but Wimbledon has never been my favourite Slam, and that is why.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #6
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

...ys, a little question...., "Safin: I don't talk with Roddick" is the title of the interview in Russian too or you titled this thread like a pro journalist??
BTW, thanks for the summary and the links
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:26 PM   #7
country flag ys

ys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond reputeys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau
...ys, a little question...., "Safin: I don't talk with Roddick" is the title of the interview in Russian too or you titled this thread like a pro journalist??
BTW, thanks for the summary and the links
The aritcle has about 10 subtitiles.. I picked up the most relevant for the forum

Here they are:

"I hate the 'star' word"
"It's cold and my knee aches"
"I resumed too early"
"They make us invalides"
"I can't lay on a sofa in front of TV"
"My granddad was digging reservoirs for basements of Moscow skyscrapers"
"My parents set up my transition from football to tennis"
"The progress in russian women's tennis is because of Kournikova"
"I don't talk to Roddick"
"I don't like Wimbledon"
"I like US Open only because of New York City"
"Tennis gives a full description for anyone's character"
Old 11-10-2005, 11:38 PM   #8
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
The aritcle has about 10 subtitiles.. I picked up the most relevant for the forum

Here they are:

"I hate the 'star' word"
"It's cold and my knee aches"
"I resumed too early"
"They make us invalides"
"I can't lay on a sofa in front of TV"
"My granddad was digging reservoirs for basements of Moscow skyscrapers"
"My parents set up my transition from football to tennis"
"The progress in russian women's tennis is because of Kournikova"
"I don't talk to Roddick"
"I don't like Wimbledon"
"I like US Open only because of New York City"
"Tennis gives a full description for anyone's character"
OMFG!!! I missed so much quotable Marat It was a hard day in the office..., they tried to pick only one title and they couldn´t
BTW, "It's cold and my knee aches" is the best one... I don´t know if I should cry or laugh...

EDIT: "My granddad was digging reservoirs for basements of Moscow skyscrapers" great title too...
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #9
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Marat needs to get surgery, asap.
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 AM   #10
country flag drf716

drf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond repute

this is what happens to a guy who's on a vacation for too long
drf716 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:23 AM   #11
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

A complete translation of this would be really nice. Marat always gives candid and interesting interviews.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:24 AM   #12
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly did happen with Marat and Andy in Athens?

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #13
country flag BlackSilver

BlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoura
Really? In what way? I don't see a contradiction.

What I understood from ys' post he hates Wimbledon, the tournament, for the way they treat the players not for the grass. That's why he said grass is not a problem. He reached the final in Halle on grass, both in singles and doubles.

Unless of course there was more in Russian.
No, you didn't understood.

Safin already said, probably more than once, that he hates grass specifically and not only Wimbledon, due to the low bouncing ball and the slippery ground. And now he says that grass isn't a problem for him......

Bottom line?

His brain clearly is permanently damaged
BlackSilver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:41 AM   #14
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
You picked the most spicy one, the one that would attract the most people here.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #15
country flag ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver
No, you didn't understood.

Safin already said, probably more than once, that he hates grass specifically and not only Wimbledon
Ok, filter out from whatever he said something that was said within a day of a lost match, as everyone tends to talk crap when upset. When you leave the rest, there is not much indication of his hate to grass..

Quote:
And now he says that grass isn't a problem for him......
No, he didn't say it here for the first time.. He said it already in Halle where he has nearly beaten Federer..