Davis Cup Cheering Thread for Slovakia! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2005, 04:09 AM   #46
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup Cheering Thread for Slovakia!

Some quotes from Dominik after the match:

“I can rate this match as one of the best matches I played in Davis Cup throughout my career,” said Hrbaty afterwards.

He was also asked how it is that he is virtually unbeatable at home in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas.

“It’s very simple: you have to love tennis, you have to love the audience that is watching you, you have to love the country and your nation, and fight for its glory.”

Hrbaty said afterwards that the support from his home fans had undoubtedly helped him.

“There was so much noise on the court, maybe the fans are not even aware of it in the auditorium, but from time to time I felt like I had to even cover my ears from the sound. The atmosphere was really perfect.”

“The doubles might be crucial, so we have to fight for the victory,” agreed Hrbaty.

“There has been always a tradition for us to get a point every day. I sincerely believe we stick to our tradition and get a crucial point tomorrow.”

Dommy!

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2005, 05:44 AM   #47
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Dom

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #48
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's tied at 2-2 now thanks to Dominik's amazing win, and now it goes down to Michal vs. Mario for the DC title

go Michal!

Old 12-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #49
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Ancic d. Mertinak 7-6(1) 6-3 6-4.

Ancic served big, and had too much experience for Mertinak on the big points. Michal tried his best, but it was unrealistic to expect him to have a high percentage chance of winning this match.

I feel bad for Dominik, playing so many unbelievable matches and to be short by 1 win. Shit happens though, and I am so very proud of the Slovak Davis Cup team.

Dominika Cibulková
Old 12-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #50
country flag Scotso

They'll win it next year when Karol's knee is better and he stops taking some pleasure puffs

Old 12-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #51
country flag me_luv_Dommy

me_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhhhhhh.......I'm so sad, that they lost.....but yup I'm so proud of them too. And Dominik will always be my hero ^^

"My biggest achievement is to be happy, just enjoy tennis. Doesn't matter how you play, if you're feeling good, the results will come"-DOMINIK HRBATY

Let's join!

Dominik Hrbaty Fan Group
me_luv_Dommy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #52
country flag me_luv_Dommy

me_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond reputeme_luv_Dommy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah yeah...I wish they will win next year! We need Karol!!!!

"My biggest achievement is to be happy, just enjoy tennis. Doesn't matter how you play, if you're feeling good, the results will come"-DOMINIK HRBATY

Let's join!

Dominik Hrbaty Fan Group
me_luv_Dommy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:05 AM   #53
country flag Scotso

Slovakia was one match from winning DC... that's something to be proud of.

And Dominik was amazing for his country this year!

As always...

Old 12-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #54
country flag MonikaVa

MonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolBeckFan
Beckster was there, yes?

I'm happy for Dom de Dom Dom Hopefully he'll beat Ljubicic and shut him up.
Yes, Beckis was there at the opening ceremony (made some photos of all of them), then he left and I haven´t seen him there most of the time on Friday. It was said that they draw water from his knee Friday morning and therefore Karol Kucera had to play, what he found out at noon.
Domino was his usual terrific self and won against the croatian serving machine on Friday and played great tennis against Ljubicic (who admitted later that he throw up after second set because of the pills against his kneck pain). U
nfortunately Beckis not being able to play made all the difference this weekend. Michal tried his best yeasterday, but he was never a singles player.
You would probably like the offical programm from the DC finals, there are lots of Beckis pics as kid, I like most the one where Mecir is teaching him to make a tie.
MonikaVa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #55
country flag Scotso

awwww can you scan them?

I hope his knee gets better in time for the Australian Open

Old 12-06-2005, 11:34 AM   #56
country flag MonikaVa

MonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond reputeMonikaVa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolBeckFan
awwww can you scan them?

I hope his knee gets better in time for the Australian Open
He looked very sad, that he couldn´t do anything about winning DC. I felt almost more sorry for him then Domino, who was giving his life and soul in order to win it.
I can´t scan the pictures, but will try to make a good photo of them and post them over Xsmas, way too busy now.
MonikaVa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #57
country flag Scotso

That's fine, thanks Monika

we can keep this thread open for next year

Old 04-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #58
country flag jole

Go Slovakia! They are up 2-1 vs. Georgia and Dominik won his singles match in straight sets!

Dominika Cibulková
Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #59
country flag Nedved Rosicky

Nedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond repute

well done!! hope tomorrow will be a good day for Slovakia (both DC and WTA )
Nedved Rosicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #60
country flag Juanes

Juanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond reputeJuanes has a reputation beyond repute

Slovak Republic defeated Georgia 4-1 in Slovak Republic

R1 - I.LABADZE (GEO) def. L.LACKO (SVK)
4-6 7-6(6) 3-6 6-3 19-17
R2 - D.HRBATY (SVK) def. N.ITONISHVILI (GEO)
6-4 6-4 6-4
R3 - M.MERTINAK / F.POLASEK (SVK) def. N.ITONISHVILI / I.LABADZE (GEO)
6-3 6-3 7-5
R4 - L.LACKO (SVK) def. N.ITONISHVILI (GEO)
6-3 6-1 6-3
R5 - F.POLASEK (SVK) def. R.OSADZE (GEO)
6-0 6-4
Juanes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote