Fernando is Shanghai Bound - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fernando is Shanghai Bound

I hope he gets to play. That's a long way to go just to be in a photo.

From latercera.cl:

Fernando González change by surprise of opinion and this morning decided to travel bound for Shanghai, Chinese, to participate as acting second in the Masters Series Tournament, that is initiated Sunday next in the modern one Qi Zhong Stadium.

Despite that at first the main racquet of Chile indicated that only would travel as first reserves, today this decision ddio an unexpected upset that finished with the course trip confirmation al Asian country.

"Yes, is true, we go. Now we are doing the procedures in the Chinese consulate and we would be travelling tomorrow. The idea is not to lose us the ceremony and the official photo of next Saturday", maintained Fernando González father.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fernando is Shanghai Bound

WOW! what a surprise! I was taking a nap and then I woke up and read it in terra.cl that Gonzo was going to Shangai! I thought he was already in Las Vegas

I hope he has the chance to play and if not well it's a great experience anyways so I'm happy that Gonzo decided to go

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
WOW! what a surprise! I was taking a nap and then I woke up and read it in terra.cl that Gonzo was going to Shangai! I thought he was already in Las Vegas

I hope he has the chance to play and if not well it's a great experience anyways so I'm happy that Gonzo decided to go
Life's rough senorita GonzoFan taking a nap in the middle of the day! lol! I wish I could but I'm at work...

It is a good experience for him just being with the top guys, and Shanghai is supposed to be a great city so that will be new and different for him.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

What a great news !! I was thinking of him today when I read that Roddick was out.
As everyone said, the experience will be interesting for him !! And the pic

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Life's rough senorita GonzoFan taking a nap in the middle of the day! lol! I wish I could but I'm at work...

It is a good experience for him just being with the top guys, and Shanghai is supposed to be a great city so that will be new and different for him.
So sorry that you are at work
from now on when I take a nap I won't tell nothing about it here

actually it's not the first time Gonzo goes to Shangai ... remember that he was there in 2002 as second alternate also ...
I hope he enjoys the city because next year he won't have time to do so because he will have to play

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #6
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

What, Fena is going to Shanghai now? Ferrer isn't going? I better hurry up and cancel my Vegas plans then... or s I just postpone them??

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:05 PM   #7
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Great I am happy too. now two of my favourite players will be in shaghai as alternates, mariano and fernando.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 AM   #8
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear he's going afterall although I understood why he didn't want to at first. Should be a fun trip for him. Have fun Fena!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:03 AM   #9
country flag NicoFan

FYI - Fernando leaves tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. Chile time for Shanghai.

From latercera.cl:

To last moment, Fernando González (13º) changed the date of his flight bound for Shanghai, to participate as acting second in the Masters Series, for tomorrow Friday.

In the first instance, the main racquet of the country had reserves to travel to China today Thursday to the 14:45 hours, although this morning decided to modify its itinerary due to the direct thing of the new flight.

"We prefer to travel tomorrow because the flight is non-stop and thus we can arrive almost al same hourly as had been predicted al principle", explained to latercera Online Fernando González father.

Thus, Gonzalez will take the Friday tomorrow airplane to the 18:30 hours, although yet is not clear if will reach to arrive at the inaugural ceremony to appear in the official photo.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:36 AM   #10
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Osito doesn't look too tired in the official photo...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 AM   #11
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, I don't like this ... I preferred that Feña was remaining in home resting, he isn't going to play anyway

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:00 AM   #12
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know if Fernando doesn't play, if he's on spot, he'll earn some atp points ? Sorry, it's a stupid question, but as they earn some extra money, maybe they can earn some extra points ? I think it's only if he plays, but if someone could confirm. Thanx

And the good thing in Chile, is that we know Fernando's schedules, regarding the flights. It's funny. You can follow him. There's no secret. In another way, it must be a bit annoying for him, because he must be always harassed. In France, it's more confidential.

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 11-11-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #13
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
Do you know if Fernando doesn't play, if he's on spot, he'll earn some atp points ? Sorry, it's a stupid question, but as they earn some extra money, maybe they can earn some extra points ? I think it's only if he plays, but if someone could confirm. Thanx
No points, only money

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #14
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
No points, only money
Gracias Fergie

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 11-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #15
country flag NicoFan

I'm with Fergie...

The more I read about this and think about it, I'm totally against Fernando going. Not that he called me for my opinion...lol! But seriously, he was hurting in Paris, tired, now his vacation is postponed, all this travel, his training for the start of 2006 is going to be rushed, and that could lead to injury.

I just don't understand why he's going. I highly doubt he'll play....although at the rate players are dropping out, I could be very wrong.

I wish that he didn't go. I wish that he did what he did last year, rested, then worked hard for 2006. This reminds me of all the mistakes Nico made last offseason, and we all know what happened with that.

From latercera.cl:

Fernando González finished in an optimum way the year. Physically and mentally, as opposed to what last year occurred, when arrived "melted" to the last tournaments of the season. But clearly, of all forms the three weeks of holidays that had planned in its calendar were almost an obligation for a player that disputed 24 championships, won 48 matches and lost 22 during the 2005.

For that reason the idea to go al Masters of Shanghai as acting second never seduced of the Chilean every al, more still thinking that when did it the 2002 damaged its rest and finished passing him the account. Nevertheless, the history changed of radical form and today will embark bound for China dreaming of the option that a pair of players withdraw and can enter to the court to comply with its dream of playing in the tournament al which classify of direct form the eight better than the season.

The account will pass him?

Horacio de la Pena, of the player, says that not yet has clearly how the rests will be rescheduled and if the date of the start of the pre-season will be maintained, the last week of November. Who has the clearest movie in this aspect is its physical coach, Carlos Burges, who reduces importance al rest that will lose González by going to Shanghai.

"It ideal is that not to have played, but one must be realists and 10 percent of possibilities exists that play. Then it is neither coaching of brutal form for that tournament. It goes in another wave, different to which one faces a Grand Slam, for example. Then I do not believe that damage it", comments Burges. And it adds another data: "The aspect that more erodes a tennis player, stress al which the body is submitted. Today that stress does not exist for Fernando".

Though the programming varies with the transfer of the number one from Chile to China, all is solucionable according to the PF. "When it return al country they will be done him the physical measurements and if there is something that be not well, they will change the dates. In that sense Fernando is a head and if he is not well, will ask a week of holidays. The worse thing than can occur is that arrive not in hundred percent to Auckland, the first tournament of 2006. Nevertheless I can assure that Australian Open will arrive in great form", assured Burges.

Compensating

Al same González the theme does neither worry him so much. "I have not coached anything from Paris, when I lost in the first round, for which already I have rested. Neither there I will do a lot and if I play I will do it very calm. The unique thing a little rare is that I suspended holidays out of the country because did not want to take an airplane and now I have to travel 30 hours to Shanghai. ..", says the Chilean.

Of all forms, the national tennis player recognizes that "the time that was al Masters (2002, also as the substitute) I felt that he damaged me, but this is also a prize that itself is not given always. Besides that the next year one must play a little less and over there they go compensating the things".