The I Don't Give a Crap if Gaston doesn't win a Match in Shanghai Thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2005, 04:02 AM   #166
country flag michelleg

michelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I Don't Give a Crap if Gaston doesn't win a Match in Shanghai Thread

My only thought is that Gaston had a good 2005 and is addressing his head issues.

That's a hell of a lot more than some posters at MTF can claim!

"How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself."

Anais Nin
michelleg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2005, 06:24 AM   #167
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I Don't Give a Crap if Gaston doesn't win a Match in Shanghai Thread

You're right. This place has seen a huge infiltration of the troll population.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #168
country flag bluegueber

bluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
This is just a generic response, so people can take what they from this post and think whatever.

Yes, Gaston lost 6-0 6-0 it happens in professional tennis, if someone in here seriously thinks he didn't try, then please go and get an eye test and soon.

Well, he didn't go on court expecting to win and as for being nervous well that's understandable considering the stage and serving that many double faults in the first game set the standard for the match. He didn't go out there and not care about this match. Federer was simply too good and Gaston was thrashed, if he gave up, then it would have been more of an issue.

Sure he is playing on a surface that he isn't comfortable on, that's not the point, he knows himself that this was his best chance and probably his last to make a semi final of the Masters and putting in a result like that, is worse for him than for anyone who follows tennis.

The season is over now for him and sure that is not a good end to it, but how is this important? It's only a tennis match, nothing more and nothing less, it is not going to change the world this result, good to see Federer has some perspective, which is a commodity that is always in short supply.

Then again I was singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" straight after the match, says more about myself than anything else.
Do you really think he tried? You are underestimating him then, or you are too subjective.
David is playing right now and he is the one who is trying hard. You can clearly see the difference.
Gaston said that it was equal for him losing 6-0 than 6-2, therefore he wanted to go home as soon as possible. Shall we call that "attitude"?
He is a professional player, we cannot say admit a bad performance because he was "nervous". I am sure that David is also nervous, but he is playing his best tennis. Sorry, it is my opinion.
bluegueber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #169
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegueber
. Sorry, it is my opinion.
not all acept that
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #170
country flag Corina2605

Corina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to congratulate Gaston on his great season. The year after the breakthrough is never easy, but Gaston did really well

I hope he enjoys his holiday now and has a good preparation for 2006

Good luck to Pico Monaco, Juan Chela, Gaston Gaudio, Machi Gonzalez, Edu Schwank, Fabio Fognini, Roger Federer, Marco Chiudinelli, Rafa Nadal, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco, Tommy Robredo, David Ferrer and Marc Lopez

Vamos ARG DC team!!! 2011 is the year to win the title!!!! Vamos!!!
Corina2605 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:51 PM   #171
country flag Florencia

Florencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond repute

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!
Vamos David !!!!!!! Well Done !!!!!!!!! Great match !!!!!!!!
And, of course -as always- Vamos Gasti !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:27 PM   #172
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Bluegueber why did you bad rep me??? What have I done ?

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #173
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!
I echo everything you´ve said here, George, you put it much better than I could have. Also Rosie (welcome home, btw!) Choupi and Eléa, you all have your heads and your hearts in the right place.

I didn´t even enter the forum yesterday, I was too upset about Gastón and how he would be taking it. Luckily he seems to accept that it isn´t the end of the world, and David´s great triumph will help to take the pressure off him, now that the media have a better story to focus on!

As you know by now, I´m a student of the Gaudio mentality – rather difficult because I don´t know him personally, so I can only go by the clues he gives us.

I´m convinced his principal impediment is “nerves”, nothing like the common nerves that assail others, but real stage-fright (the “trac”, as it´s called in French and Spanish). This is a calamity for a high-competition sportsman, but because he plays fantastic tennis, he still became a pro and makes do as well as he can in spite of that burden. So when he wins it´s a true victory of the spirit over his demons!

Nowadays, with his greater confidence on clay since RG, he feels pretty good when playing the lesser tournaments, but his fear of humiliation returns when he´s competing for a big prize, and he freezes up. This can be conquered when he gets in a few good points, which is quite likely in clay events.

But when he´s on a surface where he feels unsure of himself, he starts up really badly (see the first sets in Shanghai), and only seems to shake off the fear when he has nothing to lose. If there´s still time, and the other player gets nervous, he can claw his way up and win the match. If it´s too late (vs. Davydenko) or his opponent won´t cooperate by getting worried (Federer) he´s had it.

Against Fed we saw an extreme example of how his nerves act as a destabilising agent, it´s almost like playing injured. The easy way out would have been to simulate an injury, but he had the fortitude to see it through to the end, captive on that court with thousands watching (millions if you count the TV), feeling like he wanted to disappear and then wake up to find it was only a nightmare. For somebody with Gastón´s artistic, sensitive nature, what he went through yesterday took courage.

Luckily, he seems to be developing a thicker skin and I believe he will be able to put all this into perspective. Summing-up his year, he will value his five titles, (even the 50 points he had to resign), his Top Ten status, his semifinals in the Masters Cup, his improved game on hard, his better serves (not yesterday!) and forehand, and can look forward to a good 2006 . With the usual mixture of great and disastrous tennis.
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #174
country flag bluegueber

bluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond repute

Vale: do you mean that the people who do not think like you do, do not have their heads and hearts in the right place? Are you so narrow-minded?

Lovely: I have not intended to do that, it was an involuntary error. Please bad rep me back.
bluegueber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:39 PM   #175
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vale: do you mean that the people who do not think like you do, do not have their heads and hearts in the right place? Are you so narrow-minded?
I didn´t expect you to take offense! I just disagree with what I feel is a rather superficial interpretation.
I think the people I mentioned, and quite a few others in this forum, tried to understand what was happening and also showed affection for Gastón.
But it´s no big deal, let´s not have an argument!
Old 11-20-2005, 10:42 PM   #176
country flag Vale

Statistics worth remembering:

When Federer beat Hewitt in the 2004 US Open, he won his two sets
6-0!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:50 AM   #177
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gawd!!! Gaston had a great Masters' tournament, for crying out loud. Yes, he lost. In the end, the scoreline is not going to matter as much as the fact that he got this far, contrary to all expectations. Great things are in store for Gaston in 06, and we'll all be here when it unfolds.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:57 AM   #178
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you really think he tried? You are underestimating him then, or you are too subjective.
David is playing right now and he is the one who is trying hard. You can clearly see the difference.
Gaston said that it was equal for him losing 6-0 than 6-2, therefore he wanted to go home as soon as possible. Shall we call that "attitude"?
He is a professional player, we cannot say admit a bad performance because he was "nervous". I am sure that David is also nervous, but he is playing his best tennis. Sorry, it is my opinion.
Are you watching the same match we were watching?

Gaston was hitting the ball quite well off the ground, it's just his serve that betrayed him.....big time. There is no excuse for this bad serving, but it did not happen because he didn't care. Shit happens, and he has plenty of things to work on like all players.

It was evident that he was trying to step into the court, drive the ball, and take the ball much more early the he is comfortable doing. All of this because he was playing on a fast court, and against Roger Federer. He had some nice points, but it was far from enough, there is no doubt about this. None of this was showing that he did not care, however.

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:42 AM   #179
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you want a serious answer here it is.

You are kidding with me or don't know me very well at all to say I am too subjective. I am a lot of things, but not I am so subjective as not to able to comment effectively on something and yes I do criticise people I like, when it's deserved.

I am going to explain this in point form for you.

- Did I say he played well? No, he didn't. Believe me it's not just since this year I have watched Gaudio play tennis and have seen him not try in matches before. If you want a clear and obvious example of when he has not done his best the 2nd set of the Berdych match in Paris just a few weeks ago. The 3rd round US Open match with Gambill, when he was consistently serve/volleying, that was an example of a questionable effort.

- Onto nerves: Every player has them and they have to find the best way for them to manage their nerves on that particular day, some days it works out and other days it doesn't. It's called the facts of life that these happen, and it happens in every field. Gaston couldn't manage them and it effected his play, it wasn't solely down to this, but serving all those faults in the 1st game, not a good point, effecting his footwork, where he couldn't hit the ball as well as he could have, he didn't manage the situation.

What point and relevance does Nalbandian have in this thread, it doesn't. It's about Gaston's performance in this match.

- Gaston played a poor match, but to say he didn't try to play well in this match is garbage, when I have seen so many qualities performances where he didn't do his best.

No pro wants to lose 6-0 6-0, Hewitt lost 2 sets 6-0 6-0 to Federer at the US Open, he was definitely trying to win this match. Corretja when # 3 in the world lost 2 sets 6-0 6-0 to Hewitt, yes, he was trying his heart out.

Well when a player is trying and they can't do anything on the court, why wouldn't they want to get off the court as soon as possible? It's a horrible experience when they are trying their best on that day to win and they make errors and can't win a game and look hopeless, it's called embarrassment and think about the level of this match, and feeling helpless then it makes sense that they want to get away from the scene as soon as possible, this does not mean that they are not trying to rectify the situation, though it's not always going to be successful.

Debate is fun, bring it on.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:01 AM   #180
country flag aiwen_mei

aiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond repute

What I cared most after the semifinals match was Gaston himself, and after reading his words during the interview, I adore him more.

Hopefully Gaston will have a nice long holidays and be well-prepared for the next year 2006.

Million thanks to GG for all of his excellent & poor performances throughout the year 2005 .
aiwen_mei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote