The I Don't Give a Crap if Gaston doesn't win a Match in Shanghai Thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #151
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I Don't Give a Crap if Gaston doesn't win a Match in Shanghai Thread

I didn't want to say anything about the match first but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner
gaston did not even try to play, he was nervous and tense and negative without energy
I agree with that BUT..
Gaston seemed enough sad and sorry about the match (and so am i) he doesn't need that his fans blame him and be cruel with him.
I saw the match and i think i'm able to understand what happened to him. I'm sad for him but i'm still proud of what he did in the TMC and of his season of course.

Enjoy your holidays Gaston and see you soon in 2006

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #152
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I Don't Give a Crap if Gaston doesn't win a Match in Shanghai Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eléa
I didn't want to say anything about the match first but...

I agree with that BUT..
Gaston seemed enough sad and sorry about the match (and so am i) he doesn't need that his fans blame him and be cruel with him.
I saw the match and i think i'm able to understand what happened to him. I'm sad for him but i'm still proud of what he did in the TMC and of his season of course.

Enjoy your holidays Gaston and see you soon in 2006
I agree with you Eléa - anyone can support a player when he is winning - but these guys need their fans' support MORE when they are going through a bad time. I wonder how many of the people who are attacking Gaston could achieve half as much as he has in their lifetimes? OK - yes - he had a "bad day at the office" today - but all of us have those - (I do all the time!) - but the difference is that none of us have to suffer the humiliation of our bad days and mistakes being played out in public for millions to watch, laugh at and criticise. Take care Gaston sweetie

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #153
country flag bluegueber

bluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
I agree with you Eléa - anyone can support a player when he is winning - but these guys need their fans' support MORE when they are going through a bad time. I wonder how many of the people who are attacking Gaston could achieve half as much as he has in their lifetimes? OK - yes - he had a "bad day at the office" today - but all of us have those - (I do all the time!) - but the difference is that none of us have to suffer the humiliation of our bad days and mistakes being played out in public for millions to watch, laugh at and criticise. Take care Gaston sweetie
Telling the truth does not mean attacking or being cruel, and being a fan does not imply being blind.
If you really care about him, you must want him to improve and to learn from his mistakes. If his circle told him that today he "really fought and tried hard" as you did, that would ruin his career because he will never be able to overcome his difficulties.
bluegueber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #154
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Are they supposed to say, "Gaston, you stank the place up" or "Gaston, you played like the shit that makes up shit?"
Old 11-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #155
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
anyone can support a player when he is winning - but these guys need their fans' support MORE when they are going through a bad time. I wonder how many of the people who are attacking Gaston could achieve half as much as he has in their lifetimes? OK - yes - he had a "bad day at the office" today - but all of us have those - (I do all the time!) - but the difference is that none of us have to suffer the humiliation of our bad days and mistakes being played out in public for millions to watch, laugh at and criticise. Take care Gaston sweetie
Rose, sorry, but, if i 'm a fan i can say my opinion, and , if he played bad also when he won i said it.
if one player doesn't wont that the ppl know his "mistake" he change his job.
the players know that they are "V.I.P. " and the consequence I don't say that it's right but it's so
hope that now he relax himself and hope to see him again on MS next near
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 06:46 PM   #156
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

again, if i do a mistake i can lost my job, Gaston take, howev,er the money
(I'm joking )
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #157
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegueber
Telling the truth does not mean attacking or being cruel, and being a fan does not imply being blind.
If you really care about him, you must want him to improve and to learn from his mistakes. If his circle told him that today he "really fought and tried hard" as you did, that would ruin his career because he will never be able to overcome his difficulties.
I am sure Franco will have been very supportive to Gaston tonight and told him that he did his best - the night after a defeat like that is NOT the right time to criticise. Of course in time they will sit down together, talk over the match (maybe watch it on video), and see where the problems are and how to work to improve them - but tonight Gaston will be raw and hurting - and he will need support from his coach and inner circle - not criticism.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:36 PM   #158
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
- anyone can support a player when he is winning - but these guys need their fans' support MORE when they are going through a bad time. I wonder how many of the people who are attacking Gaston could achieve half as much as he has in their lifetimes? OK - yes - he had a "bad day at the office" today - but all of us have those - (I do all the time!) - but the difference is that none of us have to suffer the humiliation of our bad days and mistakes being played out in public for millions to watch, laugh at and criticise. Take care Gaston sweetie
I totally agree with you Rosie and Eléa
Take care Gaston; enjoy your vacations and see you next year

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:42 PM   #159
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel so badly for Gaston today... how humiliating for him, pobrecito but he has to be proud that he made the SFs. He did well and I'm proud of him. He exceeded George's expectations, so that's cool!

Have a nice vacation, rest up and can't wait to see you next year, sweetie!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:29 AM   #160
country flag Eugenia

Eugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond reputeEugenia has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Gastón... Anyway, I always try to see the positive side, and Gastón made the TMC, and then he won two matches and qualified for the SF! I think that's a great achievement for any player, and he should be proud of it. Sure, he has to improve his game and try to keep focus during the whole match! But Gastón is Gastón, and I just love him the way he is!
I can't wait to see him next year! Happy holidays Gastón!

♥ Gaston Gaudio ♥ Juan Mónaco ♥ Eduardo Schwank ♥
♥ Horacio Zeballos ♥ Chucho Acasuso ♥ Federico Delbonis ♥
♥ Leonardo Mayer ♥ Facundo Arguello ♥ Agustin Velotti ♥

Missing: Guillermo Coria ♥ Guillermo Cañas ♥ Mariano Zabaleta ♥ Agustin Calleri ♥ Mariano Puerta ♥ Emiliano & Edgardo Massa ♥ Diego Hartfield ♥
Also good luck to Marat Safin, Tomas Berdych, Pablo Cuevas, Paul Henri-Mathieu and Richard Gasquet!
Eugenia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:18 AM   #161
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting what Rogi said in his interview:

Q. You mentioned the word
"embarrassment" there. Detaching yourself
from the match, which is hard to do, but from
Gaston's point of view, do you think he
should feel a bit embarrassed with himself,
given the status of the tournament and the
stage, the semifinal
?

ROGER FEDERER: I think more
disappointment than embarrassment
. I mean, as
long as you try and lose 0-0, there's no problem
with it. I think that's what happened today.
I
mean, he almost won a few games, and it could
have turned around
, the match, if he gets his
claws into the match. But I guess I never really
allowed him to do that.
I still think he should leave this
tournament, you know, feel going about himself,
the first semifinal appearance for him, solid year.

Shouldn't be miserable now for a month - I
wouldn't be.

Q. A friend of mine is worried
because you and Gaston are friends, you give
a friend such worst experience on court. Did
you think about the friendship?

ROGER FEDERER: No, we won't have
any problems shaking each other's hands in the
future. I mean, when I shook hands with him, I
definitely saw a big disappointment from his side
Especially after yesterday's great fight, coming
back, Gaston to get this sort of treatment today,
that's no fun for nobody.
Yeah, I don't think we'll
have no problem. We'll probably smile next time
we'll see each other.

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 11-20-2005, 01:28 AM   #162
country flag RogiFan88

Funny how they call the double bagel [sorry to bring that up again] "bicicleta".

Old 11-20-2005, 03:23 AM   #163
country flag Jill

Jill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond reputeJill has a reputation beyond repute

So he lost, big deal. Everyone else has lost to Federer this year, except 3 people.

It's tough that the scoreline was harsh but he must be proud that he made it to the semis.

Have a nice break and look forward to seeing you "live" at the Hopman Cup in 2006.
Jill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:42 AM   #164
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

This is just a generic response, so people can take what they from this post and think whatever.

Yes, Gaston lost 6-0 6-0 it happens in professional tennis, if someone in here seriously thinks he didn't try, then please go and get an eye test and soon.

Well, he didn't go on court expecting to win and as for being nervous well that's understandable considering the stage and serving that many double faults in the first game set the standard for the match. He didn't go out there and not care about this match. Federer was simply too good and Gaston was thrashed, if he gave up, then it would have been more of an issue.

Sure he is playing on a surface that he isn't comfortable on, that's not the point, he knows himself that this was his best chance and probably his last to make a semi final of the Masters and putting in a result like that, is worse for him than for anyone who follows tennis.

The season is over now for him and sure that is not a good end to it, but how is this important? It's only a tennis match, nothing more and nothing less, it is not going to change the world this result, good to see Federer has some perspective, which is a commodity that is always in short supply.

Then again I was singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" straight after the match, says more about myself than anything else.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:43 AM   #165
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Gaston will be OK; this we know. You had a good season, Gaston. Rest up, and we'll see more great tennis from you in 2006.