TMC: Andy def. Roger (via Dahveed) :p - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #166
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Git Yer Ass to Shanghai, Andy! -- TMC thread

Phew! Wouldn't it be tiring to keep hating on a player so much it consumes all your energies? Guess not!

I sincerely, seriously hope that Eurosport was right about this... and that Leo Schlink was wrong in that article AR.com reproduced. (He WAS, after all, that guy who scooped everybody on Andy's impending coaching change last year.)
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #167
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Leo Schlink just worded the article poorly, he doesn't actually say that Andy pulled out (at least, I don't think that's what he intended to say. and AR.com just did a poor (and illegal ) copy/paste job. But I definitely wouldn't go by Eurosport posting a profile on him as proof that he's gonna play. They don't know any more than we do, I don't think.

Anyway, the GM people just have no logic. I mean surely after playing one of the best matches of his life, he'd start losing so all of a sudden he'd concoct this injury and be able to plan how he was gonna do it and what was gonna happen and exactly what the injury would be and he'd be able to fake the looks AND sounds of pain on his face and in his voice and in the way he played and not running after balls and not getting up on his serve or the torque on his forehand..... and he did this all so that he would have an excuse JUSTINCASE he lost. yes, this all makes perfect logical sense :retard:

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #168
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
they read selectively and mold the rest to fit whatever they're trying to hate on Andy about at that moment. You'd think they'd get bored
Nobody is bored by Andy. Andy is EXCITING and GOOD for tennis. Look at Tennischick: she is obsessed with him b/c she's always talking about him. Her life would be empty without him And I see that MTF has some new Fedtard fans who spend all their time talking about Andy, too.

At we all know, Tennis is BORING without Andy.

btw, I do think that he will go to Shanghai, sore back or not. He will just have a trainer work on him every day. He probably pulled or strained something but not bad enough to make him bedridden. And everyone knows that if Andy hears the words "Charity", he will show up and do what he can, even if it's in crutches.

It's Roger that I'm still concerned about. I really cannot believe that he is going to try to play on that ankle. I don't want to see him reinjure himself.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #169
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

I think, it's too hard for some people to accept the fact that Andy CAN play and he CAN win matches, especially when he has to fight off some tough situations -- it's just sad...
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #170
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Plus, a lot of the GMers are still disappointed that their man Ljubo could not pull off the victory on Sunday.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #171
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Human
Plus, a lot of the GMers are still disappointed that their man Ljubo could not pull off the victory on Sunday.
And towards that end, it is better for their psyches to think that Ljubicic beat a healthy and faking Andy with only one break per set than a injured Andy whose movement and shots were severely hindered

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 11-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #172
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Fluke win for Ljubo.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #173
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking Andy will go. He rarely pulls out of tournaments unless it is a serious injury. I don't think Dean and Doug would let him play a charity match if it was really serious.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #174
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Fluke win for Ljubo.
you know it

plus if they LOVE to HATE you...you must be doing something right
sing it again andy! (it should be his theme)

"im not your bitch... don't hang your shit on me!"

Last edited by partygirl : 11-08-2005 at 05:39 PM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #175
country flag DJ dropshot

DJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond repute

I know Deb usually psts the news but I couldn't wait to share -

From Fox Sports Australia:

There was better news for Tennis Masters Cup officials in Shanghai yesterday when world No.3 Andy Roddick shrugged off a back injury and declared himself fit.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23216,00.html
DJ dropshot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #176
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing no news is good news at this point. As Noelle says "Andy, git yer ass to Shanghai!!!!"
edit: thanks DJ dropshot for the article

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!

Last edited by Golfnduck : 11-08-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:15 PM   #177
country flag DJ dropshot

DJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it is true - not so much that he's going (wouldn't want him to risk injury), but that he's fit.

Foxsports is usually reliable.
DJ dropshot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #178
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
btw, I do think that he will go to Shanghai, sore back or not. He will just have a trainer work on him every day. He probably pulled or strained something but not bad enough to make him bedridden. And everyone knows that if Andy hears the words "Charity", he will show up and do what he can, even if it's in crutches.
I think so too. He wouldn't miss it...

DJ dropshot, thanks so much for the article! I really hope its true...
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #179
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

i was just gonna post that

i think its funny last night he was sore and somewhat in pain...now he's shrugging it off?

again, very smart.
but he would know better than I

so id love to stand corrected.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 PM   #180
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ dropshot
I know Deb usually psts the news but I couldn't wait to share -
lol!! Never wait to post news for my sake. The news itself is what's important, not who posts it. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ dropshot
From Fox Sports Australia:

There was better news for Tennis Masters Cup officials in Shanghai yesterday when world No.3 Andy Roddick shrugged off a back injury and declared himself fit.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23216,00.html
And what good news it is indeed. Leo Schlink, while his piece yesterday was poorly-written, is generally pretty with it.