hello and help! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
country flag irishface

irishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond repute
Question hello and help!

Hello, I thought I'd finally register since the <<other board>> was so quiet. And here you are!

Anyway, I need a little bit of assistance from someone who speaks French better than me (that could be almost anyone on the planet ) It's for the translation of Nono's diary from 14/09 ---

"Petite trève avant la fin de saison 14/09/2003

Après de bonnes vacances bien tranquilles (essentiellement du golf au programme), j'ai repris l'entrainement vendredi sur Genève. C'est un pote qui vient me donner un coup de main pour une petite semaine. Après la longue tournée américaine et avant l'indoor, on prend un peu de distance avec Rémi pour être super motivé ensemble à partir de Metz. Sinon tout ce passe bien, je reprends les tournois par un 75 000 dollars à Grenoble ou j'essaierai d'être tout de suite au top. Voilà voila. A bientôt tout le monde !"

I get it all, except for the last bit about Grenoble. Can somebody help me please?
irishface is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #2
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello and help!

hi Irishface,i'm Valeria!nice to have you here!

in his diary Arnaud said that he restarted to practise in Geneva with a friend of him who comes there to help him.then said that Remi and himself (arnaud) are a bit separated right now (in a good way!) but they'll be back together in Metz. his next tourney is Grenoble who's a challenger (prize money:$ 75000) where he'll try to be at the best of his form.
A bientot tout le monde!
Old 09-21-2003, 04:43 PM   #3
country flag irishface

irishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond repute

Merci bcp, Dr Vale! I couldn't understand the $75 000 bit - so it's a challenger? Well, Allez Arnaud!

BTW, remember I told you I was going to see the Red Hot Chillis? They were FANTASTIC. Great gig.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back at planet tennis, Irish !
Well, ur trip...what do you think about Paris ?

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

u went to see RHCP? OMG u r so lucky!! did they sing new album's songs or mostly the old songs?did u take pix?plz do a little report for me
Old 09-22-2003, 06:46 PM   #6
country flag irishface

Hello Marine, I had a wonderful time, thanks for asking. You saw my report on CC. I really didn't have any complaints about Paris (except not being able to get Nono and Séb's book - back to Yahoo for me!) It's a stunningly beautiful city, full of beautiful people. Hopefuuly my next visit will be for RG sometime soon.

Vale - it was wonderful. Great weather (especially for Scotland, we are not known for our good summers!) Queens of the Stone Age (rubbish) and The Foo Fighters (excellent) were the support acts, but I think most people were there for the Chilis. They did a good mix of new stuff (most of the By the Way album) and all the old faves, Give it Away, Suck My Kiss, Aeroplane, Californication, Under the Bridge...... you know the score. They also did a cover of The Clash's London Calling and later on Flea did this weird jazz trumpet solo! My favourite moment was the sun going down with everyone singing the Zephyr Song - all the girls around us were dancing on the grass in their bare feet. And everything in the world seemed beautiful for that moment. :o)

I didn't take pics, but here's one I found of the gig and a scan I did from the local newspaper with a pic of AK at the gig. I can't post pics or links here, so try cutting and pasting....

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/i_r_i_s_h_f_a_c_e/lst?&.dir=/17f9&.src=ph&.view=t

And here are some other people's photos I found -

http://mitglied.lycos.de/apollo_hbc/chili/

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angie_b_uk2002/lst?&.dir=/glaspic&.src=ph&.begin=9999&.view=t&.order=&.done= http%3a//uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angie_b_uk2002/lst%3f%26.dir=/glaspic%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Sorry for getting quite so off-topic on my second day here. I will be better behaved from now on. :o)
Old 09-22-2003, 07:30 PM   #7
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Did they sing "My friends" ?? I Love this song...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:27 PM   #8
country flag irishface

No My Friends, sorry Marine, :o(
Old 09-25-2003, 08:19 AM   #9
country flag Lindsayfan

oh really they didnt sing My friend? *surprised* I luv the new album "By the way",it's quite different with the other albums,it's more slow and romantic (rumours say that it was the first album they composed without drugs's help...)
neway thanks for your report Irishface!I wish once in my life I'll be able to attend one of their concerts!
Old 09-26-2003, 01:56 PM   #10
country flag irishface

No problem.

You've got to go! Don't they tour near you? If not, it's worth travelling to see a band you like that much. Life's too short to have such a simple regret. I really hope you see them sometime soon.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:55 AM   #11
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ that smilie