meeting Grosjean - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2003, 10:15 AM   #1
ubrunjensen

ubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond repute
Question meeting Grosjean

Hello everybody!
I know I keep posting messages, but I'm just so happy I found people who also care about tennis and Grosjean in particular.
If you ever met him what would be your first words? How would you react? I don't know what I would say, but I'm sure I would blush and feel embarrassed.
Have any of you actually seen him live and/or met him? What was he like? Please tell me he was nice and wonderful, don't shatter my illusions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2003, 10:30 AM   #2
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meeting Grosjean

I met him in Paris for Davis Cup semifinal.He is very shy,but nice.i just said "bonjour" and he replied "bonjour" and smiled
Actually he's one of the nicest guy out there so if you'll meet him you could just ask him for an autograph or a pic together.something like "hi Seb,could I have your autograph,plz?" or "Seb,could i have a picture with you?" he'll answer "yes" for sure cos he's very kind.
I regret to not have asked him an autograph or a pic but the day I met him,i was looking only to Guy so I ignored everyone else!
Old 09-28-2003, 12:11 PM   #3
country flag stephB

stephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond repute

hey ubrunjensen. we dont have to shatter your illusions. seb is really really really nice. you can ask him everything he always will answer you. i met him quite often in different countries, and different cities and he always was soooooo cute!!! so you have to meet him. i´ll cross the fingers for that!
stephB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
ubrunjensen

ubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond repute

Hello stephB,
I just knew he would be sweet...he looks adorable and really shy. But meeting him in person - I think he once played in Copenhagen Open, but that's ages ago, and since I'm only a substitute teacher I can't really afford to travel a lot. And my boyfriend has this strange dislike for Paris and the French...
stephB - are you new here, too? I just noticed that you joined in Sep 2003, just like me.
And Lindsayfan, you must be the luckiest girl alive!
To have actually met Grosjean, in Paris!
I could kill to get a chance like that!
Old 09-28-2003, 02:40 PM   #5
country flag Alison

Alison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond reputeAlison has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And my boyfriend has this strange dislike for Paris and the French...
Funny that ,so's mine.Especially French tennis players

Alison
Alison is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #6
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison
Funny that ,so's mine.Especially French tennis players

Alison
...change of boyfriend...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #7
country flag stephB

stephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond repute

hey ubrunjensen. yes. i´m new here. i found this side because i was searching for some news about john van lottum. one of my favovrites next to arnaud and seb . really sad that seb dont play in copenhagen since years. cannot understand. but..... who knows...
stephB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 11:18 AM   #8
ubrunjensen

Change my boyfriend?
Nah, couldn't do that, love him too much, I'll just have to live with the fact that I'll never get to see Paris in his company!
And besides, if a girl can't get the perfect guy (in this case Grosjean) she better make do with someone else...
Just kidding, of course! I love my boyfriend, but that won't stop me drooling whenever I watch Grosjean play.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:15 PM   #9
sebgrosfan

sebgrosfan will become famous soon enough

I've 'met' him maybe 2 or 3 times, when I say 'met him' that basicly means walking past him and saying hi or asking for a pic/autograph. In my experience he's always been really introverted and quiet. I'm pretty sure he said nothing at all when I asked him for an autograph and a picture (two seperate incidents) but just did what I asked for. The first time I bumped into him was the most memorable experience I went to my very first tennis tournament to see Seb play and when I entered the grounds, there he was going to practice. I was pretty shocked. So I said 'allez Seb!' and I also said "nice haircut!" because he just had his manes chopped off. He smiled and said thanks I guess. Then later that day I ran into him again (by way of stalking him of course) and I asked for an autograph but my pen didn't work so he was actually about to go into the players lounge to get another one when the pen started to write and he dropped his sweater and I picked it up and held it for a good 10 seconds and I said "merci" about 100 times :P As you can assume I was quite starstruck, ha ha!

I talked to his coach Thierry Tulasne last year at a tournament and he was really cool, much more spontanious than dear Seb. But I love'm anyway.

Allez to the French gents and a big up to Tim! Further shouts out to Goran, Mr. Sampras and my two favourite former-players-turned-commentators: Johnny Mac and Boris!

Last edited by sebgrosfan : 09-30-2003 at 06:18 PM.
sebgrosfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 06:59 PM   #10
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

According to medias and people who met him, seb is very shy with people he doesn't know. But I'm sure he is nice and polite.
It's the same with Paul Henri Mathieu and Richard Gasquet, if you ask them for pic or autograpgh, they'll be ok, but they won't talk, etc...
I think only Arnaud is more at ease with fans (but it depends...)

Guy Forget
Old 09-30-2003, 07:07 PM   #11
sebgrosfan

sebgrosfan will become famous soon enough

Hey Marine, quick question, do you have the interview where Seb said the things in your signature? Sounds like a fun interview!

Allez to the French gents and a big up to Tim! Further shouts out to Goran, Mr. Sampras and my two favourite former-players-turned-commentators: Johnny Mac and Boris!
sebgrosfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 07:49 PM   #12
country flag Marine

It's not an interview, he said it in his book, "passing potes", it's Esther who sent me the chapter, and I love these 2 sentences, very funny !
(the godfather is Arnaud Clément )

Guy Forget
Old 09-30-2003, 07:52 PM   #13
country flag Marine

I don't have the chapter, but you can ask to Esther (when she will back from his holiday in france) , seb and arnaud are very cute and funnry when they speak about each other

Guy Forget
Old 09-30-2003, 10:22 PM   #14
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: meeting Grosjean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrunjensen
Just kidding, of course! I love my boyfriend, but that won't stop me drooling whenever I watch Grosjean play.
same here with Guy Forget
Old 10-01-2003, 04:29 AM   #15
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

marine- LOL about telling alison and ubrunjensen to change their boyfriends!!! havent u *met* arnaud or seb before marine? i dunno i've *met* them both but yeah with arnaud, he was in such a ...i dunno he just seemed really focused coz we saw him during practising before his singles match at AO but he didnt say nething or smile so we were too scared to say nething lol...and with seb...he was so much nicer...we saw him before his singles match too but he had about 2 hours before his and we asked for an autograph and then said good luck and stuf but i still believe that arnaud will only smile like he does for french girls!!!!!!!!! *mad* so i dunno about arnaud being more of a fan-friendly person *shrugs*

sebgrosfan- i cant believe he actually went to get a pen for you!! thats so sweet!!! i can send you the whole book if you want lol but it'll seem like a lot but it's definately worth reading so tell me if you want to read it and i'll be glad to send it to you!! (typed translations)

Last edited by esther : 10-01-2003 at 04:31 AM.
esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote