Australia V West Indies - Test Series betting - Official thread! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia V West Indies - Test Series betting - Official thread!

We'll have this as the official thread for the 3 test series - Australia V West Indies at the Gabba, Bellrieve and the Adelaide Oval.

Before we have a look at bets, I've done some research. I will be putting some $$$$ on West Indies to win this first test and also win the series. I'll finalise the play later on in the week, but I'll have a look at this.

This is based on performances this year and not previous years. Looking at the list as to how they will line up I've got statistics from 2005 only. Interesting to have a look.

Chris Gayle V Matthew Hayden (431 runs for Gayle compared to Hayden's 721 but Gayle has played 5 matches and Hayden 10. So if anything, it's pretty even. Hayden has only done something of late whereas Gayle hasn't played since June - hard to call.) - I'd say Hayden.

Devon Smith V Justin Langer (114 - 669 - 3 matches compared to 10) - I Give that to Langer.

Ramnaresh Sarwan V Ricky Ponting (319 - 963 - 5 matches compared to 10) -I give that to Ponting without a doubt.

Brian Lara V Michael Clarke (Self explanatory - 765 - 452. 6 matches compared to 10) Lara has it.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul V Simon Katich (877 - 438. 8 matches compared to 9) - Chanderpaul has it.

Marlon Samuels V Shane Watson - Even (Marlon hasn't played yet Watson has only played 2 games. Can't give it to anyone. Lets call it even.) - Even

Denesh Ramdin V Adam Gilchrist (Self explanatory) Gilchrist it is.

Corey Collymore V Shane Warne (15 wickets - 68 wickets) Warne without a doubt.

Daren Powell V Brett Lee

Powell - 22 wickets
Lee - 22 wickets

Average: Powell - 41.63
Average: Lee - 41.72

Strike Rate: Powell - 74.5
Strike Rate: Lee - 57.0

Economy Rate: Powell - 3.35
Economy Rate: Lee - 4.30

Best Figures: Powell - 5/25
Best Figures: Lee - 4/82

I give that to Powell - Just.

Jermaine Lawson V Nathan Bracken (11 wickets in 2 matches to Bracken none in 2) - I give it to Lawson, but if I was to follow consistency, I'd call it even like Watson and Samuels.

Fidel Edwards V Glenn McGrath (6 wickets in 2 matches compared to 44 in 8 matches) - McGrath without a doubt.

If I was to look at it more, I would have this:

Australia win with 6 positions
West Indies win with 4 positions
Draw with 1 position.

If I was to look at past statistics to even out Samuels and Watson I'd have:

Australia - 6
West Indies - 5

Matching that up - you will see that it's pretty even across the board. Result will be a close series. Australia will not have an easy win here. If Australia win the series, West Indies will be competitive and Australia will have to work hard for it.

Look at that and West Indies middle order is superior to Australia's middle order whilst Australia's top order is superior to West Indies top order and it's pretty even for the lower order batting wise. Didn't pull the batting stats for the Bowlers but I would almost give the edge to the Windies lower order in batting based on what I know from the 4 players concerned.

The bowling aspect of things - pretty even. I'd give Australia the edge due to McGrath and Warne.

--------------------------------------------------------

If Langer doesn't play this week, I'd be tempted to go with either a West Indies win or a draw in the first test.

I'll finalise my bets when the teams are made.

I've put all this here just to show that Australia may not do it as easy as people think they will.

Series result - Australia 1 - 0 and 2 - 0 are possible. 1 - 1 is possible or 2 - 1 Australia's way is possible. It won't be a clean sweep. I can assure you that.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia V West Indies - Test Series betting - Official thread!

If the WIndies can take it to Day 4 in any test without rain being a factor, then that is a victory for them.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:59 AM   #3

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

GWH - We will make it to day 4.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
country flag sparkus8

sparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond repute

Weather will be the only thing that stops a clean sweep for the Aussies.
sparkus8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 AM   #5
bad gambler

bolar don't kid yourself, to force Australia not to be playing golf on days 4 and 5 instead of being out on the cricket ground would be one hell of an achievement in itself by the Windies
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:34 AM   #6

Didn't you all say that about England?

Old 10-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #7

West Indies will force Australia out on the ground on days 4 and 5 without weather being a factor unless Windies win within 3 days.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #8

No Langer - I'm favouring a Windies win. Australia's openers won't last long and then it's up to Ponting to hold up the innings - Australia's middle order is weak. Australia might find themselves 4 or so down before 100 runs on the board.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #9
country flag spooky105

spooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe MK and Bolar are the only 2 guys on here who think Windies will win.

MK + Bolar = :retard::retard:
spooky105 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:37 AM   #10

I'm a Windies supporter and my comments are not bias.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:23 AM   #11

Got on West Indies to win the Test Match before the start of play.

We won the toss, sent Australia win.

They were looking comfortable 1/95 at Lunch. Suddenly they're now 4/118 in all sorts of trouble.

Lets go Windies.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:07 AM   #12

A wicket in the first over after Lunch, Collymore doing the business.

Gilchrist out.

Australia 5/215

Collymore has 4 wickets.

Lets go Windies. Everyone has under-rated your bowling attack. Lets bowl Australia out for under 300.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:15 AM   #13
country flag spooky105

spooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond reputespooky105 has a reputation beyond repute

WIndies getting smashed ey bro
spooky105 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:25 AM   #14
bad gambler

should have given that money to charity, it would have been better spent
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:27 AM   #15
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

The Windies will be lucky to avoid the follow on and yes I am going for them, but don't have delusions about their performance.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote