Nicolas Mahut - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #811
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicolas Mahut

Nico beat Dimitrov in 3 sets winning 2 tie-break and saving a match point !

Final score : 2/6; 7/6(6); 7/6(4)

Next Montpellier against Gilou ! I don't have any favourite I love both . Que le meilleur gagne comme on dit !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #812
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

It's good for his mind. He'll be around 130# next monday. For the AO MD it will be tough as he would need at least 100 points but he can surely catch the top 100 soon as he has nothing to defend until march as far i remember.

soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #813
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Nicolas Mahut

2-6 7-6(6) 7-6(4)
Just very fucking happy for Nico. Last week Andy made my day,this week it's his turn. Thousands of words want to express but gotta calm down.
In statistics Nico lost to him,Dimitrov was better than him overall,but he clutched the big points when needed.Service is still a big part of his game.Heard he was serving bombs at the end of the final set.And he saved a mp at 5*-6 in the 2nd set.This time he was serving 4 times to stay in the match.It's amazing Nico is still a big fighter after Wimbledon.I'm proud of being his fan. Few weeks ago he couldn't win 2 or 3 matches in the same tourney and had a blood test.Now at least he won something at his home,he needs this 125 points so bad to motivate himself. Shame I couldn't see this match in live.All livestreams were frequently getting stuck.But watching a sb can still make your adrenaline rush a lot!

6-7(3) 6-1 6-10
It was 3-5 in the first set and their opponents were going to be sfts,but Nico and Seb broke back.After the 2nd set thought he and Seb had a great chance to win.Maybe Nico was tired,after the win in singles within an hour he had to play the doubles.A bit sad he couldn't double his pleasure but overall I'm still very happy.Maybe becoz I care his individual performance more.Need not fucking sleep tonight haha!!!

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #814
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I♥PsY@Mus!c View Post
I'm liberal, I was joking only,I know you know though Echoes.
Yeah I knew and know you know I was joking too, HAHA.

I'm sorry missed the match yesterday, only knew the result when I read your previous post. Also had the Santiago match on Friday. Today, I could watch the 1 set and then it didn't work either so I just cut off, thinking he was gonna lose and that's OK, he had a good week anyway. But I tried again during the tb, surprised that the match was still under way. I could see the match point saved. Then it worked all right until the end but I missed the ceremony. As I said on the main section, his 2 last service games were phenomenal. At 4/5, he served 3 aces in a row. Hoped for a 4-ace love game but no ! Though he was helped by Grigor who anticipated poorly on one of them. At 5/6 he almost had a love game too, and he was also great on the previous return game, if I remember well. Then he got the minibreak but 2 minibreak back just afterwards, that was when I really doubted.

It's great to see him win against a true rising star, whom I really discovered now though had heard so many times of before and also to see him back on track after such a long period of doubt. He definitely proves the Wim' match didn't come from nowhere. If he was to stop now, he could be at peace with himself I think.

----------

By the way, I think there was 3 hours between the singles and the doubles match at Wimby. Also think the organizers could have been more tolerant but quite frankly I've never seen a doubles match postponed because of the length of a singles match, usually the player withdraws I think. But this one was exceptional and we'll say that this adds up to his legend. It was completely insane but beautiful.

Oh and I think I can confirm he's got nothing to defend till March, I read he's recently said he started his season then. Don't remember where I read that.

Last edited by Echoes : 10-24-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #815
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

some lines in lequipe he's happy but tired
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mahut25.jpg (107.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #816
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Nicolas Mahut

Thanks for the article Soulage! Hope you don't mind,I'm so curious what he said so I typed those words to translate:

"It's been a week since I felt that my game came back today and I really knew how to raise my level of play" welcomed the French, who will make a leap of some thirty places in the ATP rankings......"but the goal is to continue this momentum in the two tournaments that I have left, and Bercy in Montpellier where I hope to get a wild card at least in qualifying draw."

Again...there's one sentence I don't get it. "Là,je ne me sens pas frais du tout car je ne suis plus habitué à enchaîner les efforts,"

Haha we thought in a similar way. When Nico lost the second break in the first set,just shut down the unavailable livestream and searched Dimitrov is described as "Bulgarian Federer" and he won 9 of 9 in the final,thought Nico would have lost in easy 2.Just shook my head and wanted to go out ing,but I had to watched Liverpool first. Watched football on TV and sometimes watched SB on laptop.Dimitrov's service game was more solid than his in the start of 2nd set.Also Nico lost the figures in fact sheet to him.Every time he went under pressure to stay in the match I dared not watch SB.Knew they played TB,but when I watched it again it's 6 all! Then won 8-6! In the 3rd it's almost the same as the 2nd.I wasn't sure if he could win.Dimitrov should be a big server and he got points very fast.(SB reflected the speed.) Knew Nico saved one bp but found it hard to trust there was a miracle to win...When I saw 6-3 or 6-4 in TB,I tried to connect the stream,he won and knelt down (wasn't sure) and it got stuck again. Wish I had seen the match or at least the ceremony. Anyway he teaches us a lesson: It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

Alright back to the earth from the heaven,this week he faces a very tough draw in Lyon,I like "Robert Pattinson" Simon but I have to cheer for Nico.Ranking points are like oxygen. Hope he can prevail 1 or 2 matches.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...

Last edited by I♥PsY@Mus!c : 10-25-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Missed typing 3 words
Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #817
country flag soulage

Quote:
Thanks for the article Soulage! Hope you don't mind,I'm so curious what he said so I typed those words to translate:

"It's been a week since I felt that my game came back today and I really knew how to raise my level of play" welcomed the French, who will make a leap of some thirty places in the ATP rankings......"but the goal is to continue this momentum in the two tournaments that I have left, and Bercy in Montpellier where I hope to get a wild card at least."

Again...there's one sentence I don't get it. "Là,je ne me sens pas frais du tout car je ne suis plus habitué à enchaîner les efforts,"
Well it means he's tired because he's not used to play that much. He'll play in single wednesday. For Bercy he says he hope to have at least a WC for qualies while h's supposed to have a MD one. Well it's surely not officially done.

Last edited by soulage : 10-25-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #818
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Smile Re: Nicolas Mahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Well it means he's tired because he's not used to play that much. He'll play in single wednesday. For Bercy he says he hope to have at least a WC for qualies while h's supposed to have a MD one. Well it's surely not officially done.
Merci merci.
Great,1 more day to prepare.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #819
country flag soulage

another article in le parisien today nothing special but some infomations about sponsoring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mahutparisien.jpg (327.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #820
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

great job Nico!! Dimitrov is the scarecrow of Challenger Tour these days! alittle rest, and you face Simon tomorrow. You can do it.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #821
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Smile Re: Nicolas Mahut

Nicolas and Arnaud lost the first doubles with 2-6 6-7(5)
Never surprised,Nono has a bit injury on shoulder and Nico is tired.They could have lost easier but in the 2nd set they broke back at 3-5 or 4-5.Never mind.I just hope Nico is the winner tomorrow.Allez!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 AM   #822
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol the other day I had trouble to express myself because I couldn't translate into English "enchaîner les matches". I think it would be something like "play matches after matches" or "play several matches back to back" or something like that. I meant that he could always win one match even against a good player but not several ones back to back. So he was still competitive even in his troubled period.

Still can't realize he won that tourney, what a massive performance !! When you think of where he was three weeks ago.

By the way, how funny. My four favourite doubles pairs in Montpellier are the same as yours.
As far as today's match is concerned, I don't have high expectations. Gillou's definitely the favourite. But well that's already what I thought last Sunday. He's a player I have nothing against. Not a fan of his defensive style but fun to watch for some aspects and he seems to be a good guy overall, dedicated to his sport, as everybody says. Moreover, as I now often come to this section to bother you with my stupid posts, I would often have a look on his subforum which is pretty active and I always love reading it. Nice spirit there. So if some of the regular posters there are reading me: .

By the way, the other day I had a look at this month's Tennis Mag in a book shop and there was an article on Nico in the mental section. I didn't buy it this time. What did it say?

OK this time I'll have to make it short coz don't have much time. Nothing better than a good long post on MTF in the early morning before work.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #823
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Wink Re: Nicolas Mahut

Thanks and ya it's the "enchaîner les efforts" part which I didn't understand.It's translated as "chain/linking efforts".Thought it was a simile or a phrase.Couldn't guess what chain efforts refers to.

I was too over the moon last week, it's his first title since I've supported him. Really enjoyed the "roller coaster-like" process and the OUTCOME of the match.Nico deserves to win something badly after Wimbledon before next year. Like John said he is an absolute warrior. His fighting spirit and concentration on clutch moment and so...these thing we've known well already but it's like the Wimbly's match,bring it on and on and won't feel annoyed...at lease for his fans.

Yeah it's like a bonus had he won against Simon.He gave Simon 11 chances to break.His bp saved % wasn't bad but he was broken in the 2nd when hit a df. Unfortunlately Bet 365 didn't show this match becoz it was the last one.Doesn't mean I like to see him lose but becoz I have very few chance to see his match.BTW getting a WC in Bercy would be great for him,but I pray for the good draw.If he has to play against Nadal or Federer in his early round I'd rather him to play challenger.

I've never bought a Tennis mag so sorry...but I guess he said something similar like he's been interviewed these months.

Haha now only one "our" favourite doubles team left.In singles I cheer for Ivan the most,I still remember last year he was the only foreigner in QF and it's incredible he won! But if Simon wins,it's great,coz Nico lost to the ultimate champion.

Wanted to type earlier but just recover from a flu.At first I wanna make it shorter but I am outta control again. BTW I didn't click "remember me" when I signed in, a lapse of concentration I guess,gladly I backward the page and the words are still here.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #824
country flag Echoes

Glad you recovered from that damn flu. I missed you.
Personally, I had a cold these last few days but don't feel sorry for me, I'm used to it in autumn.

I was really pissed when I realized there were no stream. That day I just wished to have my shower quickly in order to be OK for that match and could not imagine it would not get streamed but well but well I can't complain coz' I was deprived of tennis for many years.

No worry about that match. After a week of such high emotions, he probably felt the need to unwind a bit. After all he beat Beck in Orléans who himself won a tournament the week before, as you mentioned.

This summer I bought my first Tennis Mag in 6 years because of Nico.

By the way, wondering if he had time to have a talk with John this week as he thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I♥PsY@Mus!c
Haha now only one "our" favourite doubles team left.
But they lost, yesterday. Dickie (sorry for that bit of patriotism on a wrong thread, but Dick's cheering thread is virtually dead by now)
Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #825
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Wink Re: Nicolas Mahut

Thanks! It's always a pleasure to talk to you!
I have the same problem,every year I always have a flu when the weather is changing from summer to autumn.Some people will be thinner after a flu but I won't.I wanna to be thin like Nico hehe!

Bet 365 or other streams broadcasted all matches but this one in that day!I was pissed too coz I 'd been waiting for hours,the wind was blowing and after that day I got sick.

I think he and John had a talk,they will do this every time when they meet,but couldn't find any news about them this time.I hoped there was a pic of them at least.

You prefer Dickie?!I prefer Wesley! None of our faves won in doubles or singles anyway.

De son côté, Nicolas Mahut préfère aussi relativiser. Victime d'une gastro-entérite après son titre à Orléans, il a tenu à honorer son invitation, mais le manque de fraîcheur l'a bien vite rattrapé. Il choisit donc d'en plaisanter : «J'ai vu Guy (Forget, le capitaine de Coupe Davis) aujourd'hui (mercerdi), j'ai eu des consignes. Il veut que les mecs gagnent des matches et soient en confiance. J'ai réussi à appliquer les consignes du capitaine. » Au-delà de la plaisanterie, l'Angevin n'a pas voulu galvauder sa wild-card ou priver Marc Gicquel d'une place de lucky-loser. Il se sent prêt à jouer, il tente alors sa chance, mais la marche est trop haute.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...ort-mahut.html

He had a gastroenteritis after winning at Orleans.He saw Guy and he was joking he can follow the instructions from Guy.He played becoz he didn't want to waste the WC and "deprive Marc Gicquel of a place of lucky-loser." - Marc lost in last round of qualifying draw.Does that mean had Nico withdrawn Marc would have been on MD as LL?How Nico deprived? Translation problem lol?