Nicolas Mahut - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #796
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Nicolas Mahut

Ya I mean person from same country,not colleague.I search "compatriot" and find it means colleague too,maybe this is the reason to cause misunderstanding.

Had he played like France football players,he would have received fewer those fucking comments. French players are supposed to be choking or tanking,what he did is in Wimbly abnormal in their sights.Some of them may have nothing to do,others maybe are jobless,or maybe are glory hunters. I'm just confused some would make those funny comments or even jeer their countryman at RG.

I'd like to know the results of blood test but I guess it's nothing serious.Look forward to seeing his results in upcoming weeks.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #797
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicolas Mahut

OMG yeah they are true gloryhunters !!

Just an anecdote: About the long interview made after the USO (and posted here), some of them seemed to be "jealous" about the fact that Nico was more often talked about than Nadal who just won the tournament. I guess these folks may just as well have bought L'Équipe, they would have found stuff on their Rafa. I have the feeling that the most important media have forgotten about Nico, by now.

These people seemed not to like their own "compatriots" (sic), coz' it also holds for the likes of Llodra and Monfils. A rather important part of the French population is antipatriot like they are, I've noticed. But not on MTF.

Oh yeah I also remember a funny dialogue between two posters whom I'll call poster X and poster Y.
Poster X said something like: It was a record-breaking match but low quality.
Poster Y: Have you seen the match?
Poster X: No, but I know he was unable to break the Isner serve, which the top10 players would have done easily.
Poster Y: So not only you haven't seen the match but you've also never seen the players !

I was shocked to read "he's proud". He definitely can be. And blame him for being ambitious, come on. It would be sad for an athlete not to have ambition and the ambition he's shown since Wim' is not that ludicrous. Reaching the top100 is an objective for any player of his rank, mixing it up with a top10/20, he's just shown he could and he has beaten the present-day #1 and reaching the 2nd week of a GS is not ridiculous ambition either. He's already been R3 at Wim'.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #798
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Nicolas Mahut

About the anecdote you just mentioned...I think Nadal isn't that popular in RG crowd,they booed him before,so it's quite hilarious and surprising to know some of those are "jealous" of their countryman instead of a foreigner who has been winning at RG years and years. Some of Frenchmen are almost opposite to some of Serbians,god those are patriotic as shit. It's a bit but becoz of Paulo and Nico I really wish France DC Team to win this year.

Poster X,go fuck yourself!
At first it's just sad to see comments like this but I couldn't care less now. I've seen it too much before,(not just towards him but other faves like Andy - Some Englishmen think he is British when he wins,Scottish when he loses,and English press is quite harsh and picky ...) I mean only very few people can be successful in Atp,his results weren't good overall but surely he can be proud of that.(I remember his first reaction to that epic match was not "proud",but felt very painful. ) Some people will never give credit where it is due,but bash people to make themselves cool instead.Karma is a bitch and I hope those people will be never successful in their job or life.

Yep reaching top 100 is not so "ambitious" but a must-achieved goal.It's frustrated for anyone to have to play challengers or atp qualifying draws often.Nico probably won't be able to do this this year but he still has to set up goals to motivate himself.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
Old 10-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #799
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Thumbs up Re: Nicolas Mahut

Part of the draw:

[6] Adrian MANNARINO (FRA) vs QUALIFIER
Karol BECK (SVK) vs Nicolas MAHUT (FRA)
Ilija BOZOLJAC (SRB) vs Simone BOLELLI (ITA)
Lukas ROSOL (CZE) vs [2,WC] Xavier MALISSE (BEL)

Not a very good draw,Beck won a Challenger against Gilles today.But he has less time to recover and prepare at Orleans.Allez Nico!

I heard he and Seb will play doubles there. Interesting!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #800
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I♥PsY@Mus!c View Post
About the anecdote you just mentioned...I think Nadal isn't that popular in RG crowd,they booed him before,so it's quite hilarious and surprising to know some of those are "jealous" of their countryman instead of a foreigner who has been winning at RG years and years. Some of Frenchmen are almost opposite to some of Serbians,god those are patriotic as shit. It's a bit but becoz of Paulo and Nico I really wish France DC Team to win this year.
Lol same. But because of Nico and Micka. Not surprising that Serbians are patriotic, though, like every ex-Yugoslavian nations. You've seen the matches against the Czech.

Most of the French I have frequented on French-speaking forums not only seemed to dislike their countrymen but also foreigners (mostly Belgians and Italians). I insist I don't have this feeling with MTF French posters.

Quote:
Poster X,go fuck yourself!
At first it's just sad to see comments like this but I couldn't care less now
. I've seen it too much before,(not just towards him but other faves like Andy - Some Englishmen think he is British when he wins,Scottish when he loses,and English press is quite harsh and picky ...) I mean only very few people can be successful in Atp,his results weren't good overall but surely he can be proud of that.(I remember his first reaction to that epic match was not "proud",but felt very painful. ) Some people will never give credit where it is due,but bash people to make themselves cool instead.Karma is a bitch and I hope those people will be never successful in their job or life.
Exactly. That was to give an example of guys who are just discrediting themselves and it's not even sad, it's funny as hell. When I read it I really laughed heartily. Don't remember their usernames and don't feel like searching again but it was awesome. Lol @ the comments about your Andy. Reminds me of Mary Pierce. Must admit I'm no fan of his but I respect.

It's true that his first reaction was "painful" (remember the stupid journalist who asked "explain what is so painful about it") but in later interviews he gradually realized he made a huge feat and got the recognition of the peers (oh yeah a guy on the same site was shocked to read Nico saying "in terms of recognition, it's as important as winning the tournament". Nothing wrong with that quote again. As if it meant he was glad to lose R1.). It's quite logical. Time heals everything.

And by the way, an anecdote has also marked me. It's his physical trainer - I think - who came with him to the gates of Wimby, the following day and showed him the lines of Kipling printed above. If I remember well it went:
"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same ... "

His response was: "I would like to see it that way but right now, I can't." I was moved because I had to study the poem at university and loved it. And it's so damn true. Hope Nico hasn't forgotten about it.

Bring on Orléans. He's already won the event, I think.

PS: What's that? Seemed I have included 20 images on this post.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #801
country flag Echoes

7/6 7/5
Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #802
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Allez!
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #803
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

The longer I work,the clearer to know everyone has haters and intentions to do certain things. It was hard for me some people criticise me for anything.I lost coz I listened to them. But I got through and get used to it.Hate me and I'm not afraid. Bad comments won't affect my emotion or fondness to favourites. I'm glad you laugh out loud coz honsetly I thought you cared a lot about those comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
(oh yeah a guy on the same site was shocked to read Nico saying "in terms of recognition, it's as important as winning the tournament". Nothing wrong with that quote again. As if it meant he was glad to lose R1.). It's quite logical. Time heals everything.
Um...I agree with him partly,I think both are important but WINNING is much more important than recognition but I respect different opinions.
We got funny stuff to laugh,anyway!

Quote:
And by the way, an anecdote has also marked me. It's his physical trainer - I think - who came with him to the gates of Wimby, the following day and showed him the lines of Kipling printed above. If I remember well it went:
"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same ... "
Yeah I noticed that and I thought "imposters" meaned fakers or something but I don't think so.But does that mean things don't exist or things you view?It's but I found it interseting Benitez said there's a saying in Spanish "white liquid in a bottle has to be milk."I can only think some nasty things hehe. I'm only sensitive with people feelings but very straightforward and suck at reading poems or novels or abstract things in passage. Need your hand.
And I like his attitude. He played a long match just becoz he cared about winning this match.I can feel his pain and he wanted to leave the court asap.He lost with dignity.Yep it needs time to heal.

Quote:
PS: What's that? Seemed I have included 20 images on this post.
Using smilies is cute.

It's not surprsing he won the first match,let's see how far he will go. Also don't know when they played but he and Seb won the doubles against tall guys with 64 62!

Old 10-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #804
country flag Echoes

Through to the QF coz unfortunately Mannarino is ill, it seems. Sorry for his fans on this forum.
Can someone explain to me why the doubles match was scheduled on Wednesday? It's normal that he had to play the singles match yesterday as Beck had to play a final last Sunday, but the doubles match could as well have been held on Monday or Tuesday, couldn't it?

In any case, he got his revenge from Newport against Dancevic (though he won their first encounter of the year in the Wimby QR1 (the Canadian being back from injuries) and Bozoljac will have the chance to take his revenge in the QF.

Quote:
The longer I work,the clearer to know everyone has haters and intentions to do certain things. It was hard for me some people criticise me for anything.I lost coz I listened to them. But I got through and get used to it.Hate me and I'm not afraid. Bad comments won't affect my emotion or fondness to favourites. I'm glad you laugh out loud coz honsetly I thought you cared a lot about those comments.
Oh yeah don't worry. If there's one thing I've learned since I was kid it's that life is too important to be taken seriously. You too, I understand.
However I was quite surprised to see all these comments. Well I also understand that some people may not like him, for good reasons.

Quote:
Um...I agree with him partly,I think both are important but WINNING is much more important than recognition but I respect different opinions.
I think he was just objectively saying what he's lived for the last few months. People everywhere was asking questions about the match, I remember he was so surprised in Newport, etc. And he got the recognition of his peers (the best players congratulated him, he got an sms from Nadal, etc.). He's just saying things as they are, whether we like it or not. There's nothing with saying that. That does not mean he likes having lost (though some may have interpreted that way).

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that and I thought "imposters" meaned fakers or something but I don't think so.But does that mean things don't exist or things you view?It's but I found it interseting Benitez said there's a saying in Spanish "white liquid in a bottle has to be milk."I can only think some nasty things hehe. I'm only sensitive with people feelings but very straightforward and suck at reading poems or novels or abstract things in passage. Need your hand.
That's how I see it, but some may interpret it in another way. Are you Spanish? I don't understand your quote.
I'm sorry, my studies were literary. Only those lines are on Wimby's gate, it's not my fault. I read it entirely though, but a whole poem on the gate would be quite long indeed.

Quote:
And I like his attitude. He played a long match just becoz he cared about winning this match.I can feel his pain and he wanted to leave the court asap.He lost with dignity.
Oh yeah definitely. That's perhaps what marked me the most. I personally would have gone straight to the locker room or else I would have cried on the court during the ceremony but he waited to be in the locker room for that. That's really what we can call dignity.

Quote:
Using smilies is cute.
At first I was not allowed to post my previous post because it included 21 smileys. You're using too many of them and I'm quoting you. That's your fault.

PS: It's 25 now. Have to remove some of yours. ... LOL (replacing a smiley)
Old 10-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #805
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Talking Re: Nicolas Mahut

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why the doubles match was scheduled on Wednesday? It's normal that he had to play the singles match yesterday as Beck had to play a final last Sunday, but the doubles match could as well have been held on Monday or Tuesday, couldn't it?
It's weird imo 2,can't a player play his first doubles before his single match first?

Quote:
However I was quite surprised to see all these comments. Well I also understand that some people may not like him, for good reasons.
Me 2,my reaction was only surprising,more surprising made by his countrymen.I might sound quite pissed and emotional but I would make it clear that MTF French posters esp in here are not in this category.Never.

Quote:
That's how I see it, but some may interpret it in another way. Are you Spanish? I don't understand your quote.
I'm sorry, my studies were literary. Only those lines are on Wimby's gate, it's not my fault. I read it entirely though, but a whole poem on the gate would be quite long indeed.
No but I am a fan of Liverpool FC,they are playing like crap but I still like them, and the ex-manager made this remarkable comment which I would like to ask the meaning and share,finally got it,it's something like "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck,it must be a duck!" Back to the topic,I watched some lines of the poem in wiki but I was !However,I like those lines which his trainer showed to him.

Quote:
Oh yeah definitely. That's perhaps what marked me the most. I personally would have gone straight to the locker room or else I would have cried on the court during the ceremony but he waited to be in the locker room for that. That's really what we can call dignity.
"You" are not allowed to leave early coz "you" have to make a speech and be taken some photos near sb with John. He was packing his bag and leaving but the organiser invited him to do so.I also think he did cry a bit but he covered his face with a towel. It's no shame no matter where the place you cried.But I won't blame the organiser of Wimbledon.It's cruel but understandable coz it's the greatest moment it would probably never happen again.

Quote:
At first I was not allowed to post my previous post because it included 21 smileys. You're using too many of them and I'm quoting you. That's your fault.
I love smilies,especially as an emotional person.
It's your fault in this turn coz I'm a lazy,laid back girl and you still make me type thousands of words.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #806
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He's in semi after beating Bozo 63 64 He will play Guez that's totally winnable and we hope he will do it
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #807
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Thumbs up Re: Nicolas Mahut

Great for him, he beat Bozoljac twice in da same event.Mika is still the fave but he hope he will win the next match first.
BTW due to W.O. Nico and Seb will play against Jeff Coetzee and Mateusz Kowalczyk in SF.

You can see others in the official site.
http://www.opendorleans.com/v2/actualites.php?page=5

Old 10-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #808
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen the match versus Bozoljac? Does he look healthy and ready to go again? Finally he made some results, hope he reaches the final, he should really.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #809
country flag Echoes

OK ILoveJeffersonAirplane , I'll make it shorter.

In june, I had the same reaction as someone on this thread, don't remember room. They took advantage of the event for their own sake, while he understandably wanted to leave and then refused to postpone the doubles match (OK usually, a players pulls out of a doubles match after a long singles one). But anyway, he's never complained, quite the contrary.

Quote:
Anyone seen the match versus Bozoljac? Does he look healthy and ready to go again? Finally he made some results, hope he reaches the final, he should really.
I think Flyboy saw it (see his thread on the main section) but I wonder how he managed actually. I tried to get a live stream but failed.

A Nico/Mika final would really make my day. If it happens I think I would still cheer for Nico because he needs the win much more. But let's not put the cart before the horse. Mika has a difficult semi, though the surface is probably in his favour.

And I would be happy if Nico could win the doubles with Grosjean. By the way, agree with Soulage, Seb has put on weight.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #810
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I'm liberal, I was joking only,I know you know though Echoes. But I admit I have to reply later if it's long.Enjoy writing long stuff but I just can't concentrate.

I don't blame organisers for holding the ceremony,but yes I blame the schedules.I don't know how long it was between after the ceremony and before the doubles match.(Anyone knows?)The organisers told them they had 30 mins or they will be eliminated.They were in favour of English duo clearly, I'm still angry to think they showed no respect for a player who just lost the long match and felt faint.I think Arno helped him a lot,he took the toilet breaks and dragged the match.

I tired to find a stream yesterday but it was the match in Santiago instead of Orleans! Nico should be ready coz he goes far in both singles and doubles in this tourney,a month ago he couldn't win more than 2 matches in singles and doubles respectively in the same tourney.Yep this is only the challenger level but back to atp level step by step.Today I was very happy for him.I watched the sb sneakily while at work. And knew he won! He served 11 aces and 1st serve % is 74,with 38% of return pts won,against Guez it's enough,but hope next match his rpw will increase.