Nicolas Mahut - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #781
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Nicolas Mahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
you want teh translation of those sentences that's it

Explains Nicolas who wears the wedding ring of his mother on his little finger.
He had been broken by a girl.
He wanted to be in the zapping
Thank you so much,Soulage!
I guess his service game had been broken,can't be his body!
And do you know what's Zapping?

Yes I found the link http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/le-p...010-979296.php and can use google translator to see what it said,I mean sometimes I don't get one or two words,but overall it's ok.At most I find funny to see this sentence in English: He would eat that in France football team ... What?EAT THAT? Can you help me to translate this: Il se serait fait bouffer en équipe de France de football…

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #782
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicolas Mahut

Zapping is a famous comedy program on Canal +, which gathers the best moments that you could see on the other French channels the previous day.

Yeah, his serve was broken by a girl, that's why he dressed up like a girl and if I remember well, the official didn't appreciate and he replied "we can no longer have fun". But when I quoted her saying "he was sensitive like a girl", it was more general.

Your last sentence mean something like: "He would be gobbled up/wolfed down in a football team" (I suppose it meant the pressure of a group would have killed him coz he's too kind).

They won their first round in Mons. Good for the confidence. Don't know about the second one against my fellow countrymen Bemelmans & Mertens.

I'm definitely too busy this week. Won't be able to go to Mons. It's a shame coz it's the only decent tournament we have.

Last edited by Echoes : 10-07-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #783
country flag Scaevola

Scaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond reputeScaevola has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an audio interview of Nico.

N. Mahut revient sur le match le plus long de l'histoire (Ch. Hanquet)
http://www.rtbf.be/sport/tennis/deta...3739713#audios

Sorry, I can't translate, my english is bad.
Scaevola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #784
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Nicolas Mahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Zapping is a famous comedy program on Canal +, which gathers the best moments that you could see on the other French channels the previous day.

Yeah, his serve was broken by a girl, that's why he dressed up like a girl and if I remember well, the official didn't appreciate and he replied "we can no longer have fun". But when I quoted her saying "he was sensitive like a girl", it was more general.

Your last sentence mean something like: "He would be gobbled up/wolfed down in a football team" (I suppose it meant the pressure of a group would have killed him coz he's too kind).

They won their first round in Mons. Good for the confidence. Don't know about the second one against my fellow countrymen Bemelmans & Mertens.

I'm definitely too busy this week. Won't be able to go to Mons. It's a shame coz it's the only decent tournament we have.
Thanks a lot again. These days I'm very busy 2!
Rolleyes to the official! Let him have some fun! I wonder if anyone took pics of him dressing like a girl!
I'm a bit suprised,I think he's a good team player,he seems to have team spirit but maybe he's not that competitive.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
Old 10-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #785
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by team player? Because I don't think a doubles pair is comparable to a group of 11 players. I can imagine that as he's very sensitive he would not appreciate being constantly blamed for one thing or another, which is often the case in a team sport.

The pics have been posted here.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=542

BTW Thanks Scaevola for the link. I'm amazed that RTBF (Belgian TV/Radio) cares about Nico.

Long to translate everything. But he said he met John at Flushing but didn't have much time to talk in the GS fever. However he had learnt to know his parents and his brother. Perhaps in Montpellier they will have time to talk more.

He appreciated the fact that the journalist asked him about reaching the top100 again coz it was his objective at the beginning of the year. "The" match didn't come "incidentally". A lot of hard work, come back from scratch (or almost) in order to reach that objective. And then he left so much energy in this tournament (Wimby) that he was exhausted afterwards. He reminded that if we often talked about that match, he had a tiresome qually run, a 24/22 and a 5-setter. And then he got injured at the back two weeks after (strange, he had a week off then, probably he meant Valencia?) and played the USO being injured.

And again he was asked if he was not fed up with constantly having to talk about that match. He said it would be misplaced from his part to say he's fed up but however it's hard to stay focus and to look ahead now, into the future.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #786
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

you've also a video interview on EK TV http://www.eknetwork.tv/explorer/vid...5?video_id=615 still in french sorry. Someone knows who is the guy who makes the interview ?
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #787
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Wink Re: Nicolas Mahut

Quote:
What do you mean by team player? Because I don't think a doubles pair is comparable to a group of 11 players. I can imagine that as he's very sensitive he would not appreciate being constantly blamed for one thing or another, which is often the case in a team sport.

The pics have been posted here.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=542
Ya I thought about doubles and he enjoys playing together.And at fisrt I thought he was quite mentally strong and he could take pressure in a team.I didn't think of his sensitive side,more of not being able to compete with others,not saying he really can't,but he's not into it,he prefers friendship.I think it depends on what role he plays - front man,no,too much pressure,but assisting role,yes.But got your point.BTW,he "beat" the France team in June,both lost,but he won attention and respect.

Um...it's hella funny,but it's odd to see this,man he's a MAN. But he enjoyed it a lot clearly.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #788
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He just beat lacko i saw the last set and it was good tennis by Nico and he was very happy at the end Winnable next round. He said he was OK physically today that's the most important
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #789
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Thumbs up Re: Nicolas Mahut

Nice to know that! Hope he gets back on track.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #790
country flag Echoes

Great ! It did seem to be he was moving well in his doubles match in Mons, though the footage was very brief on the vid.

I watched every interview on EK TV but couldn't find out who the interviewer was. Weird!

But very funny, however. We learned that he actually forgot the presents when leaving the court after the celebration (understandable) and was sent them back at home , he loves Mons because everything was made for the players to be in the best conditions and personally loves coming because it's "our Belgian cousins" and it's close to home. And when the interviewer asked if the young French players weren't sploit brats, he just stood up and pretended to leave.

Well, my French coz', just win this second round and make my day, come on!

Quote:
he "beat" the France team in June,both lost,but he won attention and respect.
Yeah and he also tought them lessons. Maybe that's why some Frenchmen no longer like him. Personnally, it really made me laugh.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #791
country flag cheikh75

cheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond reputecheikh75 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Nicolas,
he will have to be ready, because he has a wild card to honour at Bercy
cheikh75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #792
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

97% of 1st serves and still loses a set to Bautista
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #793
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Smile Re: Nicolas Mahut

4-6 7-6(6) 4-6
He had 3 bps at 3-3 in the final set but couldn't convert and was broken at his final service game.Disappointed but glad his movement was ok.The bright side is he has more time to rest,and he DIDN'T play doubles this time,it's unbelievable to know that!

Quote:
And when the interviewer asked if the young French players weren't sploit brats, he just stood up and pretended to leave.
Nice to know he loves your country.
French players in football or tennis? Good response anyway.

Quote:
Yeah and he also tought them lessons. Maybe that's why some Frenchmen no longer like him. Personnally, it really made me laugh.
Their compatriot played a great match but some of them don't appreciate his effort?What are those thinking and smoking? :retard:

Old 10-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #794
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

He was even a break up in the third. Dramatic loss, but good that he is doing better fysically. Hopefully he can get some more wins in the coming weeks.
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #795
country flag Echoes

What is sad and frustrating, for me, is that despite he hasn't been fit for the last 4 months, he still managed to pass every R1 of every tournament he played (but Istanbul where he retired). And since Segovia (which I mixed up with Valencia above) this R1 would usually have been against a decent player (whether they be Gicquel, Ebden or Lacko), at least better than the one whom he would eventually lose to. He just couldn't win matches after matches, back to back. But well hope you're all right about his moving better and hope it's a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I♥PsY@Mus!c View Post

Nice to know he loves your country.
French players in football or tennis? Good response anyway.
He's a strange man. A Frenchman who loves Belgium AND England. Quite unique, I think.

Tennis players ! The interviewer's argument was that he remembers equipment companies were fighting to have Nico under their wings when he was 16/17. They seem to know each other quite well. Nico agrees that young players are training in the best conditions (heated courts,etc) but they're maybe be too good, you need to break this comfort and put yourself in danger. And you usually expect them to perform too early (it's classic, everywhere, I guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I♥PsY@Mus!c View Post
Their compatriot played a great match but some of them don't appreciate his effort?What are those thinking and smoking? :retard:
I meant people in general, not the athletes. I've read thinks on French forums like "worthless but proud", "he will say again he's not recovered from the match" (which he's never said), "has had a big neck since his achievement 'losing R1 at Wim'", "stupid high ambitions" and things I'd better not translate here. Sad comments.