Nicolas Mahut - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #316
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicolas Mahut

You're right, he said he would play Challengers on hardcourt after Miami, but I can't find his name anywhere either.
There aren't so many HC Challengers, Baton Rouge in 2 weeks and then Johannesburg or Mexico during Monte-Carlo.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #317
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He hasn't entered the Monte-Carlo qualies either, I thought maybe he had changed his mind and wanted to try the Casa qualies (he doesn't like clay, but usually manages to win a couple of matches in Casa) and then Monte-Carlo.

Edit: He entered Johannesburg.

Last edited by Truc : 03-24-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #318
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Good players there it won't be easy to win so points and some confidence. I wonder what's happen for the coach. He follows Nico on clay or help the other Nico to find his game
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #319
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Nico really is struggling. I hope he can find some better form/confidence in his next tournament.

It is an odd situation with the coach indeed. It's not like the two Nico's even play the same tournaments.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:25 AM   #320
country flag Truc

New "chronique" today:
http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/ten...83070_actu.Htm
Old 04-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #321
country flag Truc

He's quite positive despite his loss in the 1st round of the qualifying, he could finally play without pain and Dancevic was in good form in Miami too.
But his serve let him down after one set and a half. Only 2 aces in 3 sets, that's not much for him.
He talked with Jo in Miami who has had exactly the same problem and told him he was forced to stop 3 1/2 months and then he needed another month to feel really OK on his serve again, Nico found that comforting since it's exactly the same for him so far.
He will play the Challengers of Johannesburg and Rhodes on hardcourt and then Bordeaux, his only tournament on clay before Roland-Garros (he asked for a WC, but if he doesn't get it, he will play the qualies).
He hopes this injury break will be a blessing in disguise and give him a new motivation.

Then he talks about the tour and the other players, as usual. When he talks about the Frenchies who might do well in RG, he mentions Jo, Gaël and Paulo. Nico really is a Paulo fan! Last year already he said Paulo was going to be the best Frenchie in RG.

Last edited by Truc : 04-03-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #322
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He sounds very confident. Three tournaments before RG and only one on clay, it's not a lot. He seems to wait the grass and as the tournament's director of Queen's likes him a lot so maybe he could have a WC there to come back.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #323
country flag Truc

R1 Johannesburg:
Bastl def. Mahut 76(8) 76(2)

Next: Rhodes in 2 weeks...

Last edited by Truc : 04-14-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #324
country flag soulage

Are you sure cos on official sheet he won 76(8)/76(2) http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/e...9/5055/mds.pdf I hope they are right and with ERV they also won in doubles
Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #325
country flag Truc

Oh, great news, thanks!
Sorry, I had seen the opposite result first. It's strange even the scoreline of the tiebreaks was correct.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #326
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, he won. Oh phew, I had seen the opposite result first. Glad I double checked it here. Bravo Nico!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #327
country flag Truc

Marcos is apparently leaving the Team Lagardère, so maybe Nico will work again with Soulès and it will solve the silly coach issue?
(But that might be too easy for the Team Lagardère, they will surely find another great arrangement.)
Old 04-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #328
country flag soulage

Both nico deserve their own coach specially cos they don't play the same tournaments.

But what's happen to Lagardere team ? I first think they would give his coach to Eysseric who plays poorly since few monts but he's also leaving the team Nico Copin and Champion are too much for Benneteau i thinks so Nico Copin and Soules are without players
Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #329
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

So Nico apparently still shares the coach with Nico Devilder?

Baghdatis and Eysseric are leaving the Team?

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #330
country flag Truc

It's not official yet, but according to WLT they will now work with the training camp of Gil Reyes in Las Vegas.

As for Nico, I don't know, he doesn't mention his coach a lot in his "chroniques", just said last time that his coach has "often been there" when he was injured and training in Paris.