Nicolas Mahut - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #256
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicolas Mahut

Yup, Nico, Seb and that coach were watching Gicquel's second set--they left during the third. I thought it was funny where they sat because they kept getting trampled by the people coming and going at the change-overs. I didn't see the coach during the match, however. Maybe someone else did.

Last edited by higherlaw : 08-12-2008 at 03:17 PM.
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #257
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
I saw Mahut Sunday and as I was leaving, I did see a guy with a Lagardere shirt on, not sure who he is but I also saw him at the doubles match last night. Anyone have photos of these coaches, then I might be able to ID him.
http://www.teamlagardere.com
Présentation -> Staff -> Entraîneurs

Thanks everybody for investigating!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lagardère.jpg (54.2 KB, 30 views)
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #258
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
http://www.teamlagardere.com
Présentation -> Staff -> Entraîneurs

Thanks everybody for investigating!
You continually amaze me with your information!!!!

Okay, I'm suggesting it is in fact Soules. I got a better look Tuesday when we saw him walking (and smoking ) with Pierre Cheret (not smoking). Serra was walking ahead of them and he was quite smiley and nice to us (and by the way I really like his game and I guess I should post that in his thread).

Nico's is playing Hass today--a lot of people are Tommy-crazy, so we'll have to do our best to help Nico to victory.

So, I haven't followed Nico to the level I have one other player , but has anyone noticed he wears a small silver ring on his left pinky (how do you say that finger in French?)??
Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 PM   #259
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

"le petit doigt", the small finger.

That's good news if Soulès already is together with him, thanks a lot for the "espionage". At least he has a coach again in time for the USO. You're quite the French tennis expert if you recognize Pierre Cheret, that's impressive!

And yes, Serra is by far not the complete mug GM makes him out to be. People probably judge him on the 2 matches against Nadal which must have been pretty bad, but everytime I've seen him (Hamburg, RG), I thought he was actually quite fun to watch.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #260
country flag dada_nt

dada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Long time no see.

I just found Nico's name in Thailand Open 2008 list.
Wow! he'll be back as promised. I'm sooooooo happy to see him again.
Julien will also be here so I guess they will play doubles together?

Thanks for all updates.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #261
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the updates from Washington. Good to know that Nicolas has someone travelling with him.

I like how on those staff pictures, Peyre's picture is just a silhouette! Is he the mystery man of Team Lagardere or something?

I agree about Serra being quite fun to watch, mind you everyone is a "mug" according to GM anyway.
I have no idea what type of form Tommy is in..but allez Nico tonight anyway.
edit: DUH me, I didn't realised it was already going on- I was thinking Western US Time zone not Eastern for some reason.

Nicolas just lost 7-6(4) 6-3.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++

Last edited by PinkFeatherBoa : 08-13-2008 at 11:27 PM.
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #262
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
You continually amaze me with your information!!!!

Okay, I'm suggesting it is in fact Soules. I got a better look Tuesday when we saw him walking (and smoking ) with Pierre Cheret (not smoking). Serra was walking ahead of them and he was quite smiley and nice to us (and by the way I really like his game and I guess I should post that in his thread).

Nico's is playing Hass today--a lot of people are Tommy-crazy, so we'll have to do our best to help Nico to victory.

So, I haven't followed Nico to the level I have one other player , but has anyone noticed he wears a small silver ring on his left pinky (how do you say that finger in French?)??

Yeah, I'm thinking that's who it was too, he's bald and he was smoking when I walked by him.

Shame Nico couldn't pull off the first set against Haas. I think if he took the tiebreak, it might have given him the push he needed. Instead, he got a bit frustrated. Oh, and whoever it is with him needs to show him more support during the matches instead of constantly texting. I've noticed that little ring too. I also like his necklace, I have one similar to it.
smitty8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #263
country flag higherlaw

Quote:
"le petit doigt", the small finger.

That's good news if Soulès already is together with him, thanks a lot for the "espionage". At least he has a coach again in time for the USO. You're quite the French tennis expert if you recognize Pierre Cheret, that's impressive!

And yes, Serra is by far not the complete mug GM makes him out to be. People probably judge him on the 2 matches against Nadal which must have been pretty bad, but everytime I've seen him (Hamburg, RG), I thought he was actually quite fun to watch.
Le petit doigt, how obvious!

I didn't mean to misrepresent my knowledge of French coaches!! Cheret and Serra's wife sat down next to me during Serra's match with Ignatik and I read his name off his badge . Nope, I didn't talk to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
Thanks for all the updates from Washington. Good to know that Nicolas has someone travelling with him.

I like how on those staff pictures, Peyre's picture is just a silhouette! Is he the mystery man of Team Lagardere or something?

I agree about Serra being quite fun to watch, mind you everyone is a "mug" according to GM anyway.
I have no idea what type of form Tommy is in..but allez Nico tonight anyway.
edit: DUH me, I didn't realised it was already going on- I was thinking Western US Time zone not Eastern for some reason.

Nicolas just lost 7-6(4) 6-3.
In a nutshell (as they say): If Nico was at the net, Haas just blew the ball past him. If Nico was at the baseline, Haas just dinked it over. More than a few balls into the net, too.

For a professional analysis , here's a link to an article from today's Washington Post:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081303956.html

Two pictures in my next post.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #264
country flag higherlaw

The happiness before the match!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00156.jpg (99.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00115.jpg (89.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #265
country flag Truc

Quote:
The Frenchies love playing musical chairs, but the Team Lagardère is taking it to a new dimension...
In L'Equipe today ("And you, who is your coach?"):
ET TOI, C’EST QUI TON COACH ? – Ces derniers temps, il n’est pas facile de suivre les flèches et de savoir qui entraîne qui dans le Team Lagardère. Aux dernières nouvelles, Nicolas Mahut a quitté Guillaume Peyre, qu’il avait en colocation avec Richard Gasquet, et dispute l’US Open sous les ordres d’Olivier Soulès, qui, lui-même, a quitté Jonathan Eysseric, lequel est désormais coaché par Thierry Champion, l’ex de Gaël Monfils. Mais Nicolas Mahut va bientôt se retrouver de nouveau en situation de partage car Olivier Soulès s’occupera dès après l’US Open de Nicolas Devilder. Nicolas Devilder, qui, à New York, est chaperonné par Lionel Zimbler, qui n’est donc plus avec Fabrice Santoro. Vous avez suivi ? Non ? C’est pas grave, nous non plus.

Nico isn’t working with Peyre anymore, as expected, and is now working with Soulès (who used to coach Eysseric, now coached by Champion). But Soulès is supposed to coach Devilder after the US Open, so Nico would have to share his coach again? In NY, Devilder is working with Zimbler, who was Santoro’s coach, but obviously isn’t anymore. "You’re lost? It’s normal, so are we."
Old 09-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #266
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

I took a number of photos in Washington, the links are here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...5&postcount=32
Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #267
country flag Månu

Månu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond reputeMånu has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Mahut in Bangkok over Nieminen, this may give him back some confidence...

Impressive stuff as well in doubles with Benneteau!

"We still believe that all people are born bad and are made good by society, rather than the opposite" Trey Parker & Matt Stone
Månu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #268
country flag dada_nt

dada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Månu View Post
Good win for Mahut in Bangkok over Nieminen, this may give him back some confidence...

Impressive stuff as well in doubles with Benneteau!
So glad to see good results for Nico.
He seems to do well here in Bangkok.
I'll go cheering him this Friday, both Singles & Doubles with Julien.
ALLEZ!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #269
country flag Truc

He got a WC for Metz too.

And here's a video with his toughest players to beat. The 3rd one is a bit surprising.
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=n6kGpKiu1mo
I didn't even know his name is pronounced "Mahutte", I always say "Mahu".
Old 09-26-2008, 06:11 AM   #270
country flag Truc

In L’Equipe today ("Mahut on a mission"):
Quote:
Mahut en mission
Longtemps perturbé par son attelage avec le binôme Peyre-Gasquet, le Français est soulagé d’avoir coupé le cordon.

PAS FACILE DE VIVRE dans l’ombre du roi Richard. A fortiori quand on ne l’a pas demandé. Entraîné au sein du Team Lagardère par Guillaume Peyre, Nicolas Mahut vit débouler, quelques heures avant Roland-Garros, Richard Gasquet au sein de sa structure jusqu’alors binômale. Déboussolé par un quart de finale de Coupe Davis contre les États-Unis vécu comme un fardeau, porté disparu pendant la saison sur terre battue, le numéro 1 français tira assez rapidement avantage de sa nouvelle association. Mahut, beaucoup moins.
Les vases communicants firent leur petit effet : boosté par le discours musclé de Peyre, Gasquet remit le nez dans le guidon ; tarabusté par le sentiment d’avoir été trahi, Mahut plongea dans la mare du ressassement. Au point de dévisser son tennis lors des tournois sur gazon, traditionnel point d’orgue de sa saison. Les écueils de la programmation versèrent leur huile sur le feu. « Avec Richard, on n’avait pratiquement aucun tournoi en commun, souligne Mahut. La situation est rapidement devenue impossible à gérer. ».
Dans un tennis français où la priorité a toujours été donnée au surdoué de Sérignan, Mahut comprit sans doute trop tard que les dés étaient pipés d’avance. Sa sensibilité à fleur de peau n’arrangea guère ses affaires. C’est donc avec soulagement qu’il tourna la page à Washington, mi-août, en retrouvant « l’entraîneur qui me connaît sans doute le mieux, Olivier Soulès. Là, on forme aussi un trio avec Nicolas Devilder. Mais le gros avantage avec “Sousou”, c’est qu’il me connaît par coeur. On a repris le travail par le bon bout. Déjà, en insistant sur le physique. Olivier me trouvait moins en forme que lorsqu’il m’avait laissé ».
« Un gros esprit revanchard »
Depuis quelques semaines, Mahut récolte les dividendes de ce nouvel investissement. Vainqueur à l’arraché du Challenger d’Orléans, il s’est qualifié hier pour les quarts de finale de Bangkok en dominant Jarkko Nieminen (6-4, 3-6, 6-3). Pour le béotien, l’affaire ne fera pas grand bruit. Mais le Finlandais – 33e – est étiqueté sur le circuit comme un joueur-étalon, qui fait le boulot. Il faut savoir lui arracher sa pitance. Mahut y parvint, en se faisant violence au coeur du troisième set. Davantage que son niveau de jeu, cette envie d’aller au front lui procurait sa plus belle satisfaction : « J’ai l’impression d’être en mission pour sauver les 200 points que j’ai à défendre d’ici à la fin de l’année. Et puis j’ai un gros esprit revanchard par rapport à tout ce qui s’est passé les derniers mois. Franchement, si j’avais dû jouer Udomchoke et Nieminen cet été, ces deux matches, je les aurais perdus. »
Soulès n’ayant pas fait le voyage de Bangkok, Mahut est soutenu ici par Lionel Zimbler. L’ancien coach de Cyril Saulnier et de Fabrice Santoro est en effet sous contrat avec leTeam Lagardère jusqu’en décembre. Mahut apprécie le coup de main. « Lionel était déjà avec moi à Newport, à Indianapolis et à l’US Open, rappelle-t-il. Du coup, ça passe bien entre nous. » Une connivence renforcée par les liens très forts qui unissent « Lio » au coach en chef. « Avec Olivier, on a la même façon de voir les choses, explique Zimbler. C’est pour ça que je peux me permettre de recadrer “Nico” si besoin est. Aujourd’hui (hier), il a été impeccable sur la notion de combat. J’ai bien aimé aussi ses changements de rythme et son jeu de défense. Sur ce point, il n’est plus le même joueur qu’il y a quelques années. Mais je lui ai aussi dit que je l’avais trouvé trop timoré sur les balles de break. En indoor, quand on joue un mec du top, il faut aller chercher les points ! Encore plus quand son point fort, c’est l’attaque. » Opposé aujourd’hui à Tomas Berdych, Mahut pourra tester en direct live ses nouvelles résolutions. Le Tchèque n’est en effet pas réputé pour la tendresse de son jeu de fond de court.
VINCENT COGNET
The fact that he had to "share" his coach with Richard just before RG turned into a big problem for him. He felt betrayed, probably realized too late that the dice were loaded since the priority will always be given to Ritchie in French tennis and his hypersensitivity didn't help either. "We hardly had any tournament in common with Richard. The situation soon became impossible to deal with."
So he was very relieved to turn the page in Washington and to come back to Soulès. "Probably the coach who knows me the best." He has to share his coach again (with Nico Devilder), but 'Sousou' knows him very well and they started working again the right way. Putting the emphasis on the condition training because Soulès meant Nico was in worse shape than when they stopped working together.
And it's paying off. He snatched a victory at the Orléans Challenger and beat Nieminen yesterday. More than his level of game, he's very satisfied with his desire to play: "I feel like on a mission to defend the 200 points I have to defend until the end of the year. And I also feel bent on revenge after what happened during the last months. Frankly, if I had played Udomchoke and Nieminen during this summer, I would have lost these two matches."
Soulès isn't in Bangkok, so he's working there with Zimbler, the former coach of Saulnier and Santoro who is still under contract with the Team Lagardère until the end of December. Zimbler was already working with him in Newport, Indianapolis and NY and they're used to each other.
Zimbler: Nico's fighting attitude was perfect, his changes of pace and his defending game were nice too. He has become a different player in that regard compared to a few years ago. But he's still too fearful on BP. He has to go more for the points indoors, all the more with his style of game. The match against Berdych will be the occasion to test his good resolutions.