Nicolas Mahut - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #181
country flag dada_nt

dada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicolas Mahut

Thanks lucindia & VolandriFan for such clear & inside info. you are sharing. I already knew from that thread that there's something not so good about Julien but I don't know how to react since I've liked him for a couple of years and he's been Nico's close friend & doubles partners for quite a long time. It's great to see them play well together and go far in tournaments but I'm afraid it'll increase Julien's arrogance as well?

I agree that most of French players seem to be arrogant but somehow they are also funny, lovely & crazy, which make them quite charming & attractive (to me). Julien just lacks of those funny & friendly parts. I don't think he will easily change his behaviour but hope he finally realize & improve, even a bit will be good for fans and himself!

Last edited by dada_nt : 01-16-2008 at 04:08 PM.
dada_nt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #182
country flag *EmmA*

*EmmA* is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_nt View Post
Thanks VolandriFan for your sharing. I absolutely agree that that Nico is so much cute in person. I think it's something about his personality that's attractive ... Love him.

My experience during Thailand Open teaches me not to afraid or awkward of asking players for what you want but just do it politely & properly. For Nico, he's reachable, friendly & kind. If you talk to him or ask for any favour, he'll just respond to them with his happy face - I think he loves being with fans!

So next time you meet Nico, just grab him & take some photos to show us. Or if possible, ask him for a hug or a kiss (on a cheek ), I don't think he'll refuse. And that's what I call properly!
I totally agree with your comment
Nicolas is always smiling even if there is an alien just in front of him

KISS OR HUG maybe if we try with a plaque FREE HUGS it could work

( dada i can help you another day for the summary that's not a problem )
#1 Rafael Nadal -#2 Alexandre Sidorenko -#3 Tennys Sandgren
Nicolas Mahut, Richard Gasquet [...]

My blog about Rafa // My Sidorenko's blog
*EmmA* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #183
country flag dada_nt

dada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond reputedada_nt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *EmmA* View Post
I totally agree with your comment
Nicolas is always smiling even if there is an alien just in front of him

KISS OR HUG maybe if we try with a plaque FREE HUGS it could work

( dada i can help you another day for the summary that's not a problem )
I also totally agree with you because on that day I met Nico I looked worse than an alien! (no sleep for many nights and tired from travelling, running & walking between courts and many more! :retard but he still smiled & let me take a photo with him that close ...

Hope Nico come back to TO this year so I can try that hug & kiss! And thank you so much for your kindness to summarize Nico's video for me. That would be lovely! Take your time, I can wait.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #184
country flag tennisculture

tennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindia View Post
I know both Nico and Julien...and i can tell u Nico is a sweetheart and Julien's a real jerk...Cannot understand why they are so close friends, they are so different...
Nico considers Julien as a brother... They are absolutely not different, but they are, on the contrary, absolutely the same... Julien is a great friend in Nico's family also.

So please, don't say this kind of things in this topic...

And, yes, I wan understand that Nico is kind, and handsome, but this thread was created for his tennis, and not for love declarations ! It is a little bit ... bad to read several persons here !

Sorry for that, and to answer, Nico's bag is a "bag of tiebreak", with dominos inside. It is a present from his brothers and sister, during Christmas, because Nico used to lose his tie breaks...

tennisculture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #185

tennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond reputetennisculture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114628

Therer are actually so many stories...He was so mean to all the staff during the tournament, no smile, no "hello, no "thank u", one day my boss and i were watching a video they've shown on local tv, about the tournament...we were watching it on internet, but we put it about 2-3 times in a row because we were always interrupted by players who wanted something....Julien was in the office, reading newpaper...and he said in a reallly shitty way "ok now, how many times are u gonna watch this?" i was !!!
And all this happen in 2005...before he became famous, before the 1/4 final in Roland garros...I can't imagine how he is now....
I'm not supposed to say that, but all the players from abroad told me how arrogant french players are and the the N°1 is Julien...they really dont like him....and it's not only 1-2 players who said that...
It is really fun to read that... from a person who likes MARAT SAFIN !!!!!!! Please, don't denigre Julien here, in Nico's topic, thank you ! And don't say bad things or wrong things : Julien's best quality is modesty, so he never changed since Roland Garros

Old 01-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #186
country flag lucindia

lucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisculture View Post
It is really fun to read that... from a person who likes MARAT SAFIN !!!!!!! Please, don't denigre Julien here, in Nico's topic, thank you ! And don't say bad things or wrong things : Julien's best quality is modesty, so he never changed since Roland Garros
Ok it will be my last post about that...Have u ever meet Marat Safin and/or Julien Benneteau? i mean really meet them, talk to them, not only ask for an autograph...I did, so i think i'm allowed to say what i think and share my experiences...I won't try to argue with u, or to show that i'm a good girl (like u're probably doing), i won't try to debate...
What i find funny, is that u critisize Marat SAFIN, without giving any arguments....while u say that im not allowed to critisize Julien with arguments......
I'm sorry, i know that it's bad to say bad things about bad people...but it's just breaking my heart to see people cheering for him...and u cannot do anything against that....
Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 PM   #187

Quote:
Ok it will be my last post about that...Have u ever meet Marat Safin and/or Julien Benneteau? i mean really meet them, talk to them, not only ask for an autograph...I did, so i think i'm allowed to say what i think and share my experiences...I won't try to argue with u, or to show that i'm a good girl (like u're probably doing), i won't try to debate...
What i find funny, is that u critisize Marat SAFIN, without giving any arguments....while u say that im not allowed to critisize Julien with arguments......
I'm sorry, i know that it's bad to say bad things about bad people...but it's just breaking my heart to see people cheering for him...and u cannot do anything against that....
Nico is more than a tennisman for me, he is a friend, so yes, thanks, I talk with him for other kind of things that for autographes ! And I know exactly what he thinks about Julien... I know what Julien could have do for him in bad moments. You only see them like tennismen. Julien on a court or in a tournament is not the real Julien, as sure. Julien is a good person, you don't have to speak like that about him, and I suppose Nico will be very sad to see that in a topic consacred to him !You say that Julien is arrogant, so I take Safin for example : he breaks rackets, insults people on the court... I think that if Julien say "how many times do you want to see this video?", it is not very bad !!! You know nothing about him, absolutely nothing ! So you don't have to judge him like that, if Nico loves him like a brother, there is maybe reason that you don't know, that's all... You don't know Julien, you don't have to insult him, to diffame him. If you know him, you could cry to read lines like that, because he is a WONDERFUL person, despite his competitor behaviour a little bit impulsive ! You are absolutely injust, and this topic is not Nico's one because on Nico's one anyone could be speak about Julien like that !!!!! Try with Nico, tell him what you think about his heart brother, and you will see if he will be so kind as usual ! Who do you think you are to judge people that you don't know ?! It's abject !

Last edited by tennisculture : 01-16-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #188
country flag lucindia

lucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo ok ok calm down....I dont say Julien is bad with Nico...I know he loves him and Julien is good with Nico...I dont judge Julien on a tennis court or as a friend...i judge him of what i saw and what i've heard from people who work with him every day, it's not about how he is with fans but with people he doesnt know...there's a minimum restricted...I wont change my mind, im not here to make people change their mind...I just give my point of view of what i experienced...Maybe, yes i shouldnt have given my point of view here...i'm sorry if i offended u...but no need to make a drama...I've just said i dont like him, people ask me why...that's all
PS : i was right, using Marat to getting on my nerves was defenietly useless...there were no real arguments....
Old 01-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #189
country flag dada_nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisculture View Post
Sorry for that, and to answer, Nico's bag is a "bag of tiebreak", with dominos inside. It is a present from his brothers and sister, during Christmas, because Nico used to lose his tie breaks...
Thanks a lot! That's why Nico looks so happy when talking about it. He has such a great (& fun) family support!

And sorry if I express too much feelings in some replies. Of course, my first impression of Nico was his exciting style of play not his appearance. But after I learn more & more about him, I just can't help talking about other things. Sorry if that's too obvious & causes an uncomfortable situation.

Sorry for Julien's issue as well. I admit that I feel not so good about his manner towards some people but that's what I, as a general fan, can see & perceive. I haven't had a chance to know another Julien who is modest & caring but now I know. Anyway, no matter how I feel about him, I'll still watch his matches & wish him luck because he's Nico's close friend and partners and that is more important.

Just want to explain for my part & hope you understand.
I'll keep quiet if it can bring back the old happy feeling to this thread.

P.S. Congrats to Nico & Julien for their 1st round win today.

Last edited by dada_nt : 01-17-2008 at 02:43 PM.
dada_nt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #190
country flag *EmmA*

SUMMARY of this =>http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/ope...vid61674.shtml

- Nico is really happy ( he won his match against Acasuso )there was a lot of wind so it wasn't easy at all , he's satisfied even if he doens't condidered the match as " good "
He thinks he stayed agressive during the match
- He worked especially the physical work this winter ( with all his team ).He makes a twinkle to all the team ( Lagardère and his coach ) because it's his firth victory in 5 sets
He's happy ( for the 4th time )
- The ground : he has no problem , his tennis fit good with the surface , it's more quickly but all the players don't seem to be satisfied so they've got to find a comprimis
- About Davydenko : he probably talked with Mika ( Llodra ) in order to have informations. He felt very good. He had a rest on monday evening and tuesday => 100% for his 2nd round

[ he looks aound him and the journalist makes it jump ]
- The Christmas presents : he took these to Australia. We have the tie-break bag by his brother : inside there are dominos with scores like 8/6 , 7/2 , 7/0, 7/5 ... His bro' considered Nico lost too many tie-break last year so he made it with his daughters
Nicolas uses it more like a good-luck object. He thinks it works for his 1rst match ,and keeps it in his bag.

Voilà !

Old 01-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #191
country flag dada_nt

Merci beaucoup, EmmA! You're always kind.
The summary is very informative and fun to read! I still like the part where Nico told about his Christmas Present (Tie-Break Bag) - it's so lovely. Unluckily, he didn't have a chance to use it against Davydenko.

By the way, Nico's new coach is Guillaume Peyre, right? I saw a glimpse of him in Bercy & read about it somewhere but not so sure. I used to meet him here with Baggy & Camille in 2006 and he's nice & kind of good-tempered. Hope he can work well with Nico & bring something special out of him little by little and go stronger.

Finally, hope Nico & Julien do well today against The Bryans. It's tough to meet No.1 this early but best luck for them!
Old 01-21-2008, 02:04 AM   #192
country flag dada_nt

Happy 26th Birthday, Nico!
Wish you all the best on your special day & althrough the year.
Be happy, lucky & absolutely healthy!
Joyeux Anniversaire!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #193
country flag *EmmA*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_nt View Post
Merci beaucoup, EmmA! You're always kind.
The summary is very informative and fun to read! I still like the part where Nico told about his Christmas Present (Tie-Break Bag) - it's so lovely. Unluckily, he didn't have a chance to use it against Davydenko.

By the way, Nico's new coach is Guillaume Peyre, right? I saw a glimpse of him in Bercy & read about it somewhere but not so sure. I used to meet him here with Baggy & Camille in 2006 and he's nice & kind of good-tempered. Hope he can work well with Nico & bring something special out of him little by little and go stronger.

Finally, hope Nico & Julien do well today against The Bryans. It's tough to meet No.1 this early but best luck for them!
You're welcome
It makes me do progress with my english lol

He talked about a Guillaume in his interview so i suppose it's the Guillaume Peyre you were talking about

26 years old ! what a gran'pa
MEGA-GENIALISSIME-EXTRAORDINAIRE Anniversaire Nico !

Old 02-03-2008, 05:30 AM   #194
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all, a bit late, but here are some pics of Nico from AO. You can see more of him and all my pics on my website
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nicolas Mahut.JPG (192.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Nicolas Mahut2.JPG (312.8 KB, 11 views)
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #195
country flag *EmmA*

Thank you Emilita !

( Still don't like the red tee-shirt )