Uruguayan players - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
country flag mariutze

mariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uruguayan players

Hi,

I'm from Romania and this year I've discovered two great Uruguayan players. Their names are Pablo Cuevas and Martin Vilarrubi. I would like to dedicate this forum to those two Davis Cup players. Let's join and change opinions about them and encourage during their road to celebrity. Here are two photos with the guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martin Vilarrubi.jpg (154.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Pablo Cuevas.jpg (179.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Pablo Cuevas & Martin Vilarrubi.jpg (126.5 KB, 16 views)
mariutze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uruguayan players

Hello
Sure there will be a challenger in their national capital Montevideo - let's see what the guys will show Thank you for the pictures
I would add one more cool guy from Uruguay, whose name is Marcel Felder and he is not Tommy Haas even though I have a pic of his where he looks like Haas .

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
country flag mariutze

mariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond reputemariutze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nathaliia,

I can't wait for the Montevideo Challenger, first year Let's see what the boys will do. Of course I know Felder, the guys were all the time talking about him. He is the best from Uruguay Let's keep our fingers crossed for them
mariutze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Felder and Villarrubi had great careers as juniors (Felder reached 4th place in the ITF rankings in 2002, Villarubi reached the 7th), but have failed to deliver as professionals so far. They're already 21 and ranked below the 500th place, so there's not much that we can expect from them in the future.

Cuevas, on the other hand, wasn't really good as a junior, but is having a good performance at professional level, comparing to his peers, and also taking into consideration that he's the youngest of the pack (turns 20 in January). He's currently the only Uruguayan player ranked in the top 400, and has won some Futures titles this year, as well as posting a stunning victory over Brazilian Flavio Saretta (former top 50) in Davis Cup, this being his greatest career highlight so far. So we may conclude that he's got a good potential to continue climbing up the rankings in the future, although I don't see him equalling the likes of Marcelo Filippini, Diego Perez and Jose Luis Damiani in Uruguayan tennis history.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote