Viktor Troicki -- Who needs the Olympics?! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
country flag Herceg Novi

Herceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Viktor Troicki -- Who needs the Olympics?!

I would like to have the honour of introducing this new Serbian section!

Ilija is ranked 232 at the moment, but has had a great year and has shot up about 500 places, he is in the quater finals at Carson and will not move up to 220

Viktor also has made progress this year and is now ranked 355, he is most famous for being the man that stopped Monfils winning the Grand Slam last year at the US Open

i am expecting great things from these players next yr

Last edited by Jessebel : 08-07-2008 at 01:52 AM. Reason: new title needed since Ilija has a forum!
Herceg Novi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
country flag Natasha250688

Natasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha250688 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serbian Tennis ----- Ilija Bozoljac and Viktor Troicki

Well good luck with that... How old are they anyways?

Boris Pašanski | Mario Ančić | Tomas Berdych| Andy Roddick | Marcos Baghdatis | Richard Gasquet | James Blake | Fabrice Santoro

Note to self: Beware of the haters:
disturb3d, RFitzpatrick...
Natasha250688 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:05 AM   #3
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to them!

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:20 AM   #4
country flag Herceg Novi

Herceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond reputeHerceg Novi has a reputation beyond repute

Ilija 20
Viktor 19
Old 10-27-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
country flag Herceg Novi

Ilija will play the lucky loser Ryan Newport and that is a winnable match for him! if he passes Ryan he would play Gimelstob or Guccioni, a nice match (if he gets there) to see how he has developed
Old 10-29-2005, 06:00 AM   #6
country flag Novak Dj

Novak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond repute

Ilia is in semifinal! If he lose today he`ll be between 210. and 215. and if he win he`ll be so close to top200. Well done Ika!

At January 10th Ika was No498 and Vica was No785. Great year for both.

Last edited by Novak Dj : 10-29-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Novak Dj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #7
country flag Herceg Novi

Ilija has got a SE invite to Boston so he can continue his run!
this is great stuff for him
today he plays i am not sure Guccioni or Gimelstob, a hard match
but a good test for him!

why not win the tournament????
Old 10-30-2005, 04:49 AM   #8
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,

Ilja played Justin Gimelstob today, but he lost 6-3, 6-4 (or maybe it was 6-4, 6-3). I was at the match and I forgot the score, oops. I first met Ilja at the Sacramento Challenger two weeks ago, and I was also able to talk to him a little bit this week at the Carson Challenger. For some reason, he is like a big great dane puppy to me. He's very powerful and strong, but he's still kind of all over the place in a goofy way. I saw him play his doubles match with Dudi Sela as well, and he made it very fun to watch. It's interesting the way he plays with two hands on each side, but he seems to move well and he has a lot of power. His serves were very fast this week and some of the spectators were guessing that he was serving at 130 miles per hour sometimes. I did say goodbye to him today after his match, and when I said that I hoped he had a 'good week' in Boston he said 'No, I am going to have a great week there.' I loved that answer. Keep an eye on him, I think he is definitely worth watching and he could be in the top 100 some day (I don't know about making a prediction like that though, I don't know enough about things like that).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:52 AM   #9
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Hello there,

Ilja played Justin Gimelstob today, but he lost 6-3, 6-4 (or maybe it was 6-4, 6-3). I was at the match and I forgot the score, oops. I first met Ilja at the Sacramento Challenger two weeks ago, and I was also able to talk to him a little bit this week at the Carson Challenger. For some reason, he is like a big great dane puppy to me. He's very powerful and strong, but he's still kind of all over the place in a goofy way. I saw him play his doubles match with Dudi Sela as well, and he made it very fun to watch. It's interesting the way he plays with two hands on each side, but he seems to move well and he has a lot of power. His serves were very fast this week and some of the spectators were guessing that he was serving at 130 miles per hour sometimes. I did say goodbye to him today after his match, and when I said that I hoped he had a 'good week' in Boston he said 'No, I am going to have a great week there.' I loved that answer. Keep an eye on him, I think he is definitely worth watching and he could be in the top 100 some day (I don't know about making a prediction like that though, I don't know enough about things like that).
Thanks Fee for the info/report/whatever, lol.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:03 PM   #10
country flag Herceg Novi

great run by ilija, it would be nice if he can improve his ranking till about 175 before the end of the year, then he can enter qualifying for AO
remember he has already won a match on the ATP Main tour this yr!

for sure he will be looked at for the Davis Cup
Old 10-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #11
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
I did say goodbye to him today after his match, and when I said that I hoped he had a 'good week' in Boston he said 'No, I am going to have a great week there.' I loved that answer.
That's so cute! Good luck to him

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 AM   #12
country flag Herceg Novi

Ilija is now at a career high 211! i am sure his one aim now is to break the 200 and from there he can get into most qualifying tournaments and big challengers
he is on a great run at the moment and should play more

viktor is at 347 now i think
Old 10-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #13
country flag Novak Dj

Novak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herceg Novi
great run by ilija, it would be nice if he can improve his ranking till about 175 before the end of the year, then he can enter qualifying for AO
remember he has already won a match on the ATP Main tour this yr!

for sure he will be looked at for the Davis Cup
A lot of players ranked worse than 150 don`t go to AO qualifications because it is to expencive for them so I think he could play qualifications even if he stayed on position 211. but more important for him is to play good in Belgrade Gemax challenger which will be biggest in its history (100K) and I hope he can reach MD without WC (I want one WC for Viktor).
Novak Dj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:39 PM   #14
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to a very brief video of Ilja's trick serve http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81QG1227

He used it 3 times in his match against Gimelstob on Saturday in Carson.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #15
country flag Herceg Novi

thanks Fee!!!!
i will check that out when i get home

Novak Dj, for sure that si true what ur saying, i heard before that Ilija was struggling financially but his good run in the summer has given him some chances, the long term benefits outweigh the short term ones!

he is a very exciting prospect and one with a big serve like Fee says!
the sky is the limit for him

he plays today at Boston