News and articles about David - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #76
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles about David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eléa
Don't pay too much attention to that, it's always like that on GM, too much stupid people who only like to fight and cause pain to real tennis fans
Absolutely Elea. Don't listen to the fools on GM alisia - they are just idiots who get their kicks from hurting people.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #77
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

This is from the atp site

Spain's David Ferrer's consistency has seen him break into the Top 10 for the first time in his career. The Spaniard, who reached the fourth round at the Australian Open, has performed particularly impressively on all surfaces at the ATP Masters Series events over the last twelve months, reaching the semifinals in Miami (hardcourt), Rome (clay) and the quarterfinals in Madrid (indoors) and Paris (indoors). He was also a quarterfinalist at Roland Garros last year, losing to eventual champion Rafael Nadal. The Spaniard's remarkable improvement is manifested by the fact that he was ranked only 53rd after the Australian Open last year.

"I'm very happy, because it's something that I never expected to be in the Top 10 of the INDESIT ATP Rankings. In a year I've gone from being No.40 to Top 10 so I'm very proud of myself. I will keep on working and I'm just proud that I'll always be able to say I've been in the Top 10. It was always something that motivated me, but now that I've achieved it, it just gives me more desire to achieve greater things," said Ferrer.
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:38 AM   #78
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if this has been posted already somewhere...it's from the Valencia site

Two More 'Top Ten' Players Confirmed for ATP Valencia Tournament

The Open de Tenis Comunidad Valenciana has confirmed the participation of 2 more top 10 players for its 4th edition which will be held from the 8th to the 16th of April in the Club de Tenis Valencia, namely David Ferrer and Nikolay Davydenko.

Ferrer, the runner-up in last year’s edition entered the ATP’s top 10 ranking last week for the first time in his career.

The 23-year-old from Javea was the number 1 player in the Spanish Davis Cup team that lost 4-1 to Belarus last weekend in Minsk. In fact he won the only match in Spain’s favour.

Competing in Valencia means a lot to this Valencian player. It would be realising one of his biggest dreams and objectives that he has set for himself this season.

"Playing in front of my club, in my city and in front of my people is very important to me. Besides that, not winning last year has really given me more motivation to accomplish it this year.

"Playing the final in front of my family and friends without being able to lift the trophy and dedicate it to them was a huge disappointment for me, even though I was really happy with my efforts."

Ferrer lost to Igor Andreev in 3 sets in the final, which was his best result of 2005. With regards to his being a top 10 player, Ferrer felt that it was like a dream come true even though he did not want to become complaisant or fall into the trap that it was all said and done.

"If I am lucky not to get injured, this just motivates me to continue working hard and to try and win a title."

Ferrer is the second top 10 player to confirm his participation in the Valencian tournament after the announcement three weeks ago that the Argentinean Gaston Gaudio, 2004 French Open champion, would also compete in the first European clay court tournament of this year.

For David himself who has spent the first part of the season competing on hard courts, Valencia will also be his first clay court tournament of 2006.

The Russian Nikolay Davydenko, number 6 in the ATP rankings, has also confirmed his participation in the IV Open de Tenis Comunidad Valenciana.
http://www.open-comunidad-valenciana.../06_ferrer.asp

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #79
Sue

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article RF- I've not been over to the Valencia site yet.....popping over there now.....
Sue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #80
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis A Fondo April 2006
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #81
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

David is blogging this week for the ATP website.

Here's 1st first blog:

After Miami I went straight to my home in Xavia, 120 kilometers south of Valencia and rested for a couple of days. I just rested and spent some time out with some friends and family in my town. It was nice since it was my birthday this week also. We ate a lot of paella!

Last night, I watched Valencia (football) vs. Celta with some friends. Valencia won 1-0, which is great bacause they are second in the league. And tonight I'll be watching Barcelona vs. Santander.

It is great to be back in Valencia; I really enjoy this tournament, I feel more relaxed and motivated with so many people I know around supporting me.

Today, my coach Javi Piles had me practicing with Alberto Martin at 11am and then again at 2 pm with Igor Andreev, who is also a very close friend of mine, since we practice together a lot.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog this week.

David

I seriously think Javi might have written this or at least translated it from Spanish to English.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #82
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
I seriously think Javi might have written this or at least translated it from Spanish to English.
That's possible i remember Javi spoke with me in a pretty good english (not like mine! ) anyway, i'm happy David is the blogger of the week, i'm sure we'll learn interesting things

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #83
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

What I find a bit strange is in Rome during his 1/8 with Martin some bloke fell over in the stands & they were explaining what happened to him in English & he replied in English!
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #84
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia
What I find a bit strange is in Rome during his 1/8 with Martin some bloke fell over in the stands & they were explaining what happened to him in English & he replied in English!
I think he understands English pretty well and speaks it a little less good. He has a "bery" cute accent.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #85
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

EL TENISTA DAVID FERRER Y LA REGATISTA ASUNCIÓN LIMIÑANA GANADORES DE LOS PREMIOS DEPORTIVOS PROVINCIALES 2005.(11/04/2006)
El acto tuvo lugar en Benidorm y se entregaron premios a ocho categorias diferentes y dos menciones especiales.

La noche del viernes 7 de abril tuvo lugar en el Gran Hotel Bali de Benidorm la entrega de los Premios Deportivos Provinciales 2005, galardones que fueron entregados por el Presidente de la Diputación Provincial, José Joaquín Ripoll. Los premiados fueron: Mejor deportista femenina para Asunción Limiñana Espla (Vela); Mejor Deportista Masculino, David Ferrer (Tenis); el premio al Mejor Deportista Promesa recayo en Carlos Boluda Purkiss Perez (Tenis); el Mejor Deportista Discapacitado es Santiago Sanz Quinto (Atletismo).

El tenista de Jávea, David Ferrer, es el actual número 10 en el ranking mundial elaborado por la Asociación de Tenistas Profesionales (ATP), y promocionará la marca Costa Blanca en las competiciones, torneos y concentraciones a las que acuda el deportista en el presente año.

En la categoría de Mejor Técnico Deportivo el premio recayó en Vicente Pérez Ros, entrenador del Club Voleibol Daya Nueva de Categoría Juvenil Femenina. El Premio al Mejor Club Deportivo de la provincia fue para Patin Alcodiam. El premio al Mejor Club Deportivo Escolar fue para club Deportivo Santa Ana de Alcoy. Como Mejor Escuela Deportiva resultó ganadora las Escuelas Municipales de Alfaz del Pi.

Las menciones especiales fueron para el C.A. Montemar en el 75 aniversario de la creación de este club; y a Santiago Gambín, periodista deportivo de Elche y miembro del jurado de los premios deportivos provinciales en numerosas ocasiones.

It's a bit late for me to attempt a translation of this article, but basically it says David won a prize for being the best male sportsman. Enhorabuena, David.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Old 04-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #86
country flag sonia

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks La tenista and Lady Carlita!!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #87
country flag LaTenista

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but someone posted on David's forum in Spanish that he wrote 'Xavi' on the camera, the name of his nephew that was born last week.

So does anyone know if David's older brother Javier is married? Or is it possible that 'Xavi' is 'Javi' in Valencian?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #88
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Xavi = Javi in Catalan and possibly in Valenciano also.

Xavi pronounced SHavi.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:28 AM   #89
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
I don't know if this is accurate or not, but someone posted on David's forum in Spanish that he wrote 'Xavi' on the camera, the name of his nephew that was born last week.
Too cute.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #90
country flag LaTenista

Website says David is practicing at his usual club this week, getting ready for Rome and Hamburg, with high hopes for Roland Garros.