News and articles about David - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #361
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles about David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Sharapova might be objectively pretty, but she's far from sexy.

I applaud him for that
I'm not questioning his choice, but I remember a few years ago when he was interviewed, they asked him if he had dated a tennis player, he misunderstood the question and said "Yeah I like Sharapova"
So I was just wondering, why is she no longer the one that comes to his mind first?

Ana Ivanovic and Maria Kirilenko are far more curvy than Sharapova. Nice pick!

Everyone is so excited about his building a new house, what I find really exciting is his love of history, studying and Nelson Mandela!
Oh and I also love Michael Jackson's songs, but that's a pretty universal thing.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #362
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
I'm not questioning his choice, but I remember a few years ago when he was interviewed, they asked him if he had dated a tennis player, he misunderstood the question and said "Yeah I like Sharapova"
So I was just wondering, why is she no longer the one that comes to his mind first?
He might've met her in the meantime and found her a bitch .
Quote:
Ana Ivanovic and Maria Kirilenko are far more curvy than Sharapova. Nice pick!

Quote:
Everyone is so excited about his building a new house, what I find really exciting is his love of history, studying and Nelson Mandela!
Oh and I also love Michael Jackson's songs, but that's a pretty universal thing.
Yeah, I really like that too! I'm wondering what his specific historic interests are (I study history).
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #363
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Oops you're right Ivanovic does look skinny in that one, in the other ones I was looking at, she looked far less skinny! Well, I guess when you're that tall, it's less "abnormal" to have skinny legs. I didn't see her as one of the really skinny girls on the WTA.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #364
country flag Sophitia36

Edda I'm bringing this over from another board because I guess, if I start elaborating on this, this discussion will become more appropriate on the Ferrer forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edda View Post
It surprises me that Ferru can't speak better English, because I've heard him give interviews in Italian. He likes to read and study, so it surprises me that he hasn't learned to speak better.
Did you actually hear him speak Italian? I know he understands it because once an Italian journalist asked if she could ask him a question in Italian and he said it was OK (and apparently understood). I wondered if he could speak as well.

I'm sure he could learn English if he had time to actually study it. When you stop studying at 17, you forget a lot, especially if you didn't have a great level in the first place (and believe me... when I see the level my students have - students who have actually chosen English as their major! - I assume the general level of people who studied English only until the age of 17 is pretty low).
He's already bilingual anyway, as many Spaniards are (Catalan/Castillan) and that normally helps. Italian is also quite easy for Spanish people, all these languages, French/Italian/Spanish/Catalan etc, they are very close to one another. English does share some vocabulary with latin languages but otherwise it's really completely different.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #365
country flag evjenia

evjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you actually hear him speak Italian?
I think here he speaks italian http://vid.ilmessaggero.it/?vid=39188 although I can´t judge how he speaks, good or bad.
evjenia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #366

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oops you're right Ivanovic does look skinny in that one, in the other ones I was looking at, she looked far less skinny! Well, I guess when you're that tall, it's less "abnormal" to have skinny legs. I didn't see her as one of the really skinny girls on the WTA.
She used to be beautiful, this only happened in the last couple of months because of a, I believe, new fitness trainer. The same one Hantuchova had when she was anorexic.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Old 10-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #367
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by evjenia View Post
I think here he speaks italian http://vid.ilmessaggero.it/?vid=39188 although I can´t judge how he speaks, good or bad.
No, he speaks a mix of Italian and Spanish. He understands everything obviously but most of the time, he starts his answer in Italian and finishes in Spanish.

My guess is, he probably learnt his Italian "on the job", probably by hanging out with Sara Errani and maybe other Italians.

It is often said that Spaniards and Italians understand each other relatively easily, because of the similarity of the two languages, but I've always been mystified by this (I've studied both, and to be honest, they are very much alike but there are also many differences - when I see how difficult it can be for French people to understand French Canadians, who speak mostly the same language as us, I find it difficult to believe that Spaniards could understand Italian just like that).

Well, anyway, he understands it well, and knows it enough to speak a little, so maybe if I ever get to talk to David, I should speak in Italian
Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #368
country flag Sophitia36

A short video about the conference that David and Juan Carlos Ferrero did at the university of Valencia (sorry it's in Spanish/Catalan!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoyoFTnNl6c
Old 11-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #369

Quote:
Group A:

Djokovic
Murray
Berdych
Tsonga

Group B:

Federer
Ferrer
Del Potro
Tipsarevic
Good draw for David, he should be able to survive his group.

In the next stage I don't expect anything. To be honest I think he will be a bit tired and in that condition he won't stand a chance against Djokovic or Murray.

Legend.
Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #370
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

David has certainly played a lot of tennis. He probably will be quite tired-and then he has Davis Cup, too! He will certainly deserve some rest before starting again in 2013!
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #371
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Nice video! David and Juan Carlos are so nice looking!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #372
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

David Ferrer was named Spanish Tennis Player of the Year! Read more here

Old 12-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #373

That Acapulco picture cracks me up every time

Legend.
Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #374
country flag Edda

Very nice photo montage of David's victories! Congratulations, Ferru!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #375
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

I love the collage of his title wins, congrats Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
That Acapulco picture cracks me up every time
I agree completely, i was like wtf
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote