News and articles about David - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #331
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles about David

I don't think you need to be worried about the behaviour of these people.

A lot of people here are rather immature and disrespectful. They take pleasure in making fun of players they don't like. That's why they have all the supid nicknames like "Mugray", "Olderer", "Nadull" and so on.
It just happens that a couple of people started bashing Ferrer. Some of them are actually good posters but for some reason have decided to hate him, and have a liking for trolling. Others are just silly people who jumped on the bandwagon.

Ferrer is usually either unknown, or quite popular because of his attitude, but he's also disliked by a lot of people because his game is often perceived as "boring". Why? Because he has no "big shots", relatively little power (because of his height mostly), and his true talents are less "flashy" than some other players.
Also, he does seem to have a "limit" above which his unusual height and lack of power become a real problem (ie,when trying to beat the Big 3).

Hence a number of people (and not just haters) think he has "no (natural) talent", or simply decide that his tennis is "not good tennis" or "not real tennis".
The idea being that working to be very fit and being able to run after every ball is not talent and not real tennis (I absolutely disagree with this, obviously). And that "natural talent" is superior to "hard work".

Then, what happens is that these people either have nothing better to do than have fun bashing Ferrer, or that they get mad at him for beating their favourite players (who, they believe, "should" have won instead of Ferrer by virtue of their supposed greater talent).

They just cannot accept that he's n°5 in the world and better ranked than their faves, so they spend hours trying to demonstrate that he's illegitimate in some way (hence the "vulture" theory), and that, for example, "a healthy Del Potro", or "Berdych if he were more consistent", etc, are actually better players than Ferrer.
Of course this is based on a total misunderstanding of the ranking system: people who are inconsistent cannot be well ranked, that's more or less the basic principle of rankings

What I do is, I simply try to engage with them whenever I feel like it, or else, I ignore them. Some of them have valuable contributions elsewhere, but a lot of them have nothing to say except stupid bashing so I put them on "ignore".
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #332
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferru's packing to go to Asia, and posted this lovely picture of his cats and his suitcase.

I know Edda will appreciate

Old 09-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #333
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

ooh thanks. i can appreciate it too. i love cats as well
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #334
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, how cute! Cats just seem to be attracted to suitcases. The brown and white striped one looks like my Peter!
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #335
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

I think a small, fit player like Ferru is a better player than many of the really tall guys. The really tall guys seem to be lacking in fitness and stamina and tire very early.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #336
country flag Chris Kuerten
Banned!

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

How does that work, travelling with cats? A lot of them can't handle it, right?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #337
country flag Sophitia36

Actually, he was not supposed to put the cats in the suitcase, the cats were supposed to "help" him pack As you can see, they're doing beautifully
Old 09-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #338
Banned!

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

I misread, I thought he already was in Asia and brought his cats with him
Old 09-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #339
country flag pinkkiwi72

pinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not surprised Ferrer loves cats especially since he always 'prowls' around the base line in between points. many commentators remark on his prowling - never stops moving, walking up and down and turning, occasionally looking at the opposition, just like a tiger sometimes, ready to pounce or snarl at them over the net.
pinkkiwi72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #340
country flag Edda

I'm PWD (Purring With Delight) at those cute pics of "Pics'" kitties!

I hope the kitties don't get mad and pee-pee in his suitcase!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #341
Banned!

It's impossible to get mad when David is around.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #342
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkiwi72 View Post
I'm not surprised Ferrer loves cats especially since he always 'prowls' around the base line in between points. many commentators remark on his prowling - never stops moving, walking up and down and turning, occasionally looking at the opposition, just like a tiger sometimes, ready to pounce or snarl at them over the net.
omg u said it perfectly! completely agree with u!
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #343
country flag Edda

I agree! Ferru must watch his kitties a lot! He's obviously learned a lot from them!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #344
Banned!

Weird beatdown against Benneteau.

I think he is tired, I didn't want him to play here in the first place.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #345
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Weird beatdown against Benneteau.

I think he is tired, I didn't want him to play here in the first place.
You were right. I know it's easy to say this afterwards, but, I am not David or his coach and I did not know how tired he really was.

I know I worry too much all the time, but still, I'm pretty worried about how he's going to end this season. Since the Olympics, his level has fallen very visibly...
In the US Open, he was still able to win really tough matches, even without playing his best tennis. But what I saw today... He just could not even do that anymore.

It looks like it started with physical exhaustion, but then his mental strength got him through... Now he seems mentally exhausted as well. I mean, he probably did not care that much about Kuala Lumpur, so the fact that he seemed quite detached could be explained by this. But still, it's so unusual for him to behave like this, almost as if he were a spectator of his own match and couldn't do anything.

Now he's already leaving for China... He'll play again there, with a much tougher line-up (Djokovic etc). And then, the Paris Masters, and the Davis Cup final coming up...
I really wish he could do well in the Paris Masters. And we know that the Davis Cup means the world to him. I really hope he can recover in time.

Well, let's see the bright side: at least, he won't have to play tomorrow, that's one more day of rest!