News and articles about David - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #286
country flag sierra91

sierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles about David

I just saw the news about David missing DC. Hope he's okay and back well before Cincy. It wouldn't be the same there without him.
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 04:14 AM   #287
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

On the website it says that David has a little tendonitis in his left knee and will try to play Cincy.

What the h*** is a "little" tendonitis? Doc Sue?
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #288
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
On the website it says that David has a little tendonitis in his left knee and will try to play Cincy.

What the h*** is a "little" tendonitis? Doc Sue?
well if that was a little tendonitis I'd hate to see what he's like with a lot
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #289

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia View Post
well if that was a little tendonitis I'd hate to see what he's like with a lot
I know.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #290

Seems the "little" tendonitis is bothering him again. Therefor he won't be playing New Haven.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #291
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
Seems the "little" tendonitis is bothering him again. Therefor he won't be playing New Haven.
so he can play for 3 days only at least at the US he will get a day off in between matches to rest his knee
Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #292
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope there is some damage in NYC!
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #293
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

I just came across this funny interview with Ferru thanks to df.com

I really couldn´t stop laughing, so I just had to put it here....Maybe you knew it already, but I didn´t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Ofw...eature=related

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #294
country flag alisia

Its David versus Goliath – ‘and we know who won that one!’

To the tennis world it looks a foregone conclusion. Israel, in its first Davis Cup by BNP Paribas semifinal, has to travel to the red clay of the defending champions, the mighty Spain. Even without its two top-10 players, Spain starts this semifinal as red-hot favourite, but as Israel’s charismatic doubles player Andy Ram says: “It’s like David against Goliath – and we know who won that one!”

The absence of the World No. 2 Rafael Nadal with a torn stomach muscle, and No. 9 Fernando Verdasco who’s undergoing foot surgery, has given Israel a slightly better chance, but hardly made the hosts any weaker. In fact Spain’s third-highest-ranked player Tommy Robredo has even been left out of the opening day’s singles line-up, making way for David Ferrer and Juan Carlos Ferrero.

The line-up for the weekend reads:

Friday
David Ferrer (ESP) v Harel Levy (ISR)
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) v Dudi Sela (ISR)

Saturday
Feliciano Lopez/Tommy Robredo (ESP) v Jonathan Erlich/Andy Ram (ISR)

Sunday
David Ferrer (ESP) v Dudi Sela (ISR)
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) v Harel Levy (ISR)

With Robredo ranked 16th, and Ferrer and Ferrero 19th and 21st respectively, Spain’s captain Albert Costa said his decision to rest Robredo was down to the fact that Robredo is playing the doubles. That may be true, but another factor in Costa’s calculations will have been to have a form player up against Dudi Sela on the opening day.

Sela is Israel’s key

Realistically, Sela is the key to whether Israel has any chance of a shock upset this weekend. With Erlich and Ram slight favourites against Lopez and Robredo in Saturday’s doubles, the only chance Israel would appear to have of picking up two more points lies with Sela, who is in the best year of his career and comes to this semifinal at a career-high 29 in the rankings.

Israel’s second player Harel Levy has won 19 of his 30 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas singles rubbers, including a live fifth earlier this year against Sweden. But at age 31 and with his ranking down to 140, it’s hard to see him beating any of the Spanish singles players on clay, especially with his tendency to slice his backhand rather than hit through it.

If Costa had gone with the rankings and put Robredo and Ferrer forward, Ferrer would have faced Sela on the opening day, which would have lifted the Israel camp’s hopes as Ferrer’s recent form has been patchy. But in Ferrero, Sela faces a former World No. 1 who has rediscovered some of his best tennis in recent months, including a run to the quarterfinals at Wimbledon and the fourth round at the US Open, where it took the eventual champion Juan Martin del Potro to stop him.

Spain denies complacency

Perhaps Israel’s best chance lies in hoping the Spanish will be slightly less competitive than usual, given how strongly favoured they are to reach their fifth final in ten years. The tie is taking place not in any city but in a recently built golf resort equidistant between the towns of Murcia and Cartagena, where all the residences have been shaped round the golf course. The court itself is built across one of the fairways, making it a 17-hole course this week.

With the Spanish players clearly enjoying the chance for a few holes amid their tennis practice sessions, Israel may just be able to catch the hosts off their guard. The Spaniards vehemently deny they are taking this tie lightly, respectfully saying at every opportunity that Israel has earned its place in the semis and must be treated seriously. But this is new ground for Israel, and very special for its four players and captain Eyal Ran. An Israeli victory is highly unlikely, but then the Biblical David was never expected to slay the giant either.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsart...rticleid=16187
Old 09-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #295

FERRER, LOPEZ GET A BIRD'S EYE VIEW OF KUALA LUMPUR
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
by ATP Staff | 28.09.2009

© Proton Malaysian Open
Feliciano Lopez and David Ferrer looked out across Kuala Lumpur from the Observation Deck of the KL Tower.
ATP World Tour No. 19 David Ferrer, who is the No. 7 seed at the Proton Malaysian Open Kuala Lumpur 2009, joined Spanish compatriot Feliciano Lopez on Monday to take a bird’s eye view of the sprawling city metropolis.

Ferrer and Lopez travelled in an express lift to the Observation Deck of the Menara Kuala Lumpur, also known as KL Tower. The lift took less than 10 seconds to travel 276 metres, and the pair was quickly able to soak up the stunning 360 degree views of the city.

“Kuala Lumpur is a modern city with lots to do,” said Ferrer. “The people are friendly and I am very excited to be able to play in Malaysia for the first time.”

Before heading back to the hotel, the pair was greeted by a white cockatoo bird, who took a liking to Ferrer’s racquet.

The pair will need to be at the top of their game this week, if they are to claim the inaugural Proton Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur 2009 championship. Ferrer will meet Russian Mikhail Youzhny in a tough first round encounter, while Lopez will look to end the chances of Argentine Martin Vassallo Arguello.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F0827BA4AA904F5ABBF5519BF473E041.ashx.jpeg (17.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #296
country flag CuriousCat

CuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond reputeCuriousCat has a reputation beyond repute

Found an interview with David in Italian - http://ubitennis.quotidianonet.ilsol...o_ferrer.shtml

Here's the rough translation:

New Ferrer: 'I'm happy'

Andrea Nizzero

'Exclusive' with semi-Monte Carlo Ferrer, through the efforts of its sponsors Lotto. His most important match, friendship with Ferrero, complimenting Errani. And he warns: 'Rafa returns number 1' David Ferrer began quietly in 2010, below the media radar detection. After a slow start, his tennis has grown slowly but steadily. He left the land in South American pocket with a final points and a heavy victory in Acapulco.
Now comes the opening of the European season in the best of situations: a perfect physical condition, a few points to defend, the serenity of someone who has already had a lot but with the hunger of those who are for agonist nature.
The semi-finals in Monte-Carlo seems almost a natural consequence, and according to those who are close is just the beginning of a season that could hold great satisfaction.
Describes how a simple person, kind to everyone and available. It 'true.

Monaco: a beautiful place. How do you like playing here?
Very much. Besides the beauty of the place, the glamor, the special thing is the audience. There is always lots of people, a lot of heat.

How do you rate your season so far and what objectives you have room for the rest of the year?
Are not in the top 10 as in 2007, but I'm playing well. I am happy with my tennis season in South America has been positive, with the final in Buenos Aires and the title in Acapulco, both against Juan Carlos [Ferrero]. I'm happy. I have no real goals, just continue to play and give my best. Maybe I'd like to win another tournament.

Ferrero is one of your best friend, right?
Yes we know from childhood, now we are both in Valencia, where we train together. In the circuit we spend much time together, trying to do the same tournaments. He's my best friend in ATP.

I have here a list of six matches your memorable. Put them in order of importance?
(Without any hesitation I indicate the most important victory for him, then quieter ranking the others)
1 - Davis Cup Final 2009, Ferrer beats Stepanek reassembling two sets of handicap
2 - Semi-final Tennis Masters Cup 2007, Ferrer beats Roddick
3 - Valencia 2008 Final Ferrer beats Almagro
4 - First Round Rome 2003, Ferrer beat defending champion and world number one Agassi
5 - Fourth U.S. Open 2007, Ferrer beats Nadal
6 - Fourth French Open 2005, Ferrer beats defending champion Gaudio , catching up from 0-4 in the fifth set]

You have a reputation for being a very humble person. I remember reading a quote that you do not know if it's true: "I'm the worst player among the top 100." You were number four in the world, you beat most ii best: you changed your mind?

[Smiling] It 's a phrase in a negative moment, nothing special. I never really thought about. I never thought to be the best, but even the worst. My goal was to use my chance and now I am happy with my career. I spent nine years in ATP, I'm 28 years old, I consolidated my position in the top 20. I am so happy.

Games in the era of Nadal and Federer, two of the greatest ever. Considers you lucky or unlucky?
I think I'm lucky. Rafa is the greatest Spanish player ever, Roger the greatest of all time. I think it's an opportunity.

About Rafa: these days we talk a lot about him, his knees, his alleged crisis. You know him, you never talked about these things with him?
These things not because he is quiet. There is much talk about him because he is Nadal, but some physical problem is normal. And despite the number 3 in the world and has only 23 years. Precisely for this reason I think it will again be No. 1 in the world.

Before we talked about Monte-Carlo. Aside from the tournaments in Spain, what are your favorite places in the circuit?
This, I think Rome and Acapulco are the finest tournaments we have.

In Spain you have Madrid, which Nadal does not really like. But you do you think?
I really like. The property is beautiful and for me to play at home and on clay is the best. I think last year there have been some problems with organization, but that's normal. It was the first year into a new facility with a new surface. Madrid was the best indoor tournament in the world, I'm sure will become the same on clay.

Blue clay, as Tiriac wants?
[Laughing] The clay is red is red.

We Italians are very envious of you Spanish, especially at this time for us so negative. According to you how and why Spain can produce so many stars?
I think primarily because we have excellent coaches. Then why had many champions, people and children like to play, they are motivated. See Nadal, Ferrero, Moya and Corretja first. I think it is very important.

About Italy, you're with Lotto from January 2007. Brought you luck.
Yes, it was my best year. I'm very happy, have always behaved very well with me and is a great brand. I think and I hope to finish my career with them.

Sara Errani trains in Valencia in your facility. You know?
Yes, certainly. I played with and know well. It 'a very good player, very competitive, a major agonist with the character it takes to play tennis. I think Flavia is the best Italian player.

Last edited by CuriousCat : 04-27-2010 at 09:13 AM.
CuriousCat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #297
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Cute interview!
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #298
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw that David is playing Nice the week before RG. Don't think that's a smart move. He then plays Madrid, Rome, Nice and RG right after each other, with no rest in between. And he can reach far in every tournament so he will be quite tired if he gets to the 2nd week of RG. Too bad, I think he should just skip Nice. I know this is his season, but I really think he can make SF or even final in RG, but he should be fully fit for that. What's the point in playing a silly 250? Or does he think he can win that one, because Rafa isn't playing?
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #299
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Not heard about Nice... and he certainly is on "la liste oficielle des joyeurs". Agree with Ad Wim: strange decision for his best surface given his form - and of course clay is the most tiring too - what's David got to prove?

Anyway this link is courtesy of Nancy on David's Forum: for a watch magazine, I think...? enjoy, whatever!
mariosierrastudio.blogspot.com/2011/04/revolution-con-david-ferrer.html

EDIT: ewwww... these pics are already up on here. Sorreee!!!

Last edited by Carol96 : 04-06-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #300
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

The Tennis Channel has a David Ferrer spotlight week. I enjoy watching it a lot!
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote