News and articles about David - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #166
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles about David

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia View Post
Who wants to know what he has his rackets strung at? Your right we could have asked a lot more interesting quesions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Thanks for the article......but I have to say that between us, we Ferrer Chicas could have come up with a LOT more interesting questions those!
Word.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #167
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Linda.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 AM   #168

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, let it be known I have no social life. Here's part two of the questionnaire with David. Some more interesting questions this time but nothing really exciting.

JORGE BLANCO Hi David I wish you a happy 2007 and may you keep winning titles. I have some problems with my backhand and I’d like to ask you what’s the secret to a hard and precise backhand. Happy new year to Jorge too! I can tell you that when I started as a player the same thing happened to me and to better it I had to hit the ball more on top. Which helped but you have to know very well where you start and finish hitting the ball. In addition, you have to always hit the ball in the right spot. Practice and push the ball.

FIDEL RAMON Hi Ferrer. What do you think your chances are of reaching the top 10 next season and playing the Masters Cup in Shangai? Of course I would like to be able to go to Shangai this year! But you have to have a very stable season and be lucky not to get any injuries. And getting into the top 10 is very difficult, you have to win many matches on all surfaces and if you don’t play well on one of them it drains your possibilities. Furthermore, you have to understand that there are always new players that surprise you and move ahead of you.

ALEX MARTINEZ David, dude, there is only one thing I want to tell you, you’re a machine! (Ok, I’m not completely sure about this one, literally it says you are made like a machine.) Thanks! You too, for sure.

ALVARO CAMPO. Hello David! Could you tell me what your trick is to having had a season this fantastic as you have had. Could you also tell me whether you have some kind of habit before you play a match? The truth is I’m not a person that has many habits before I go out on the court. About your other question, tricks are for Copperfield, I just try to fight for every ball. When you enter the court you have to try and leave your nerves outside but even for me this is sometimes difficult.

JUDITH ESTEVE Hi David. For a while now I’ve believed in your qualities, but I believe you still miss a good run at a Grand Slam. Do you think so too? Good luck with this. For me performing well at the Grand Slams is not easy. Lots of different influence this. Like when you win a match in five sets, most of the time the next day your body is broken and some times you can’t recuperate well from these matches and it’s very hard for me. Furthermore the players are all very good and a match can get away from you when you think you have it won.

PEDRO CASSADESSUS Great 2007 David! I would like to know what playing Davis Cup means to you. I think you are one of the players that needs no discussing. The truth is that playing Davis Cup is the best thing that can happen for a Spaniard. I love it when the people go crazy, it’s a special feeling. Because you don’t just play for yourself but for the country.....cool!

SILVIA GIL I read in a magazine you read many books during the season. What is the last book you read and did you like it? I’m a 17 year old girl and I like fiction books. What would you recommend? I’d love to read something recommended by my favorite tennis player! The last I read was ‘Todo bajo el cielo’ by Matilde Asensi. You’ll see, you’ll like it.

VERONICA SANCHES. Hi David! I take it you are in Australia now. I know your are always traveling to play, but I’d like to know which place you would like to visit on your holiday or to stay and live. Good luck! There is no place like home. Because we travel a lot, we appreciate what we have at home more. There are very few places like Spain. I like living in Javea and when I stop I’ll live there.

JUAN GONZALEZ Hi David! I saw you at the last Master Nacional and I laughed when they announced you. “Calentura=Fever/hothead”* But who gave you that name? It was nothing but a joke of the players, I think it’s because of the way I get worked up on the court and sometimes over nothing.

MARTA NAVARRO. Hi David! I’m Marta a Asturian girl and a fan of yours. I know you like tennis but I imagine that people like you who love sport also watch other sports. Which other sport do you like? Are you fan of one particular team or athlete? Hi Marta, you are right, almost all the players like watching other sports when they can. I personally like basketball and like the majority of players I like football a lot. If I have to choose one team it has to be Barca! I’m a big fan, the only down side is that with my schedule and traveling I can’t see all matches.

SUSANA LOPEZ Hi David! I’m a big fan of you valenciana. Many times when I hear you in interviews you say nice things about your land/region and that is something I admire. I think it’s important to remember your roots when you are away from them. I would like to know, have you always lived and trained there? Hello Susana, you are so right, I love Javia and the whole of valenciana. The more you travel, the more you love to go home... I’ve lived the majority of my live in this region. Except for some years when I moved to Barcelona to go to the Federacion Catalana de Tenis. I have also lived in Gandia, Valencia. It is a region I like a lot.

*Calentura in CR means something far more naughty, but I won't tell you what.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #169
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Linda Wonder if "calentura" means the same in CR as it does in some other South American countries I guess it does!!!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #170
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know what it means
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Thanks Linda Wonder if "calentura" means the same in CR as it does in some other South American countries I guess it does!!!
I think it probably does.

Quote:
I want to know what it means
Use your imagination woman.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #172
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
I think it probably does.

Use your imagination woman.
Asking Ali to use her imagination is a very bad thing

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #173

Quote:
Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #174
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not that bad Do you really want me to use my imagination? Ok I've used it but David cannot be that bad can he
Old 01-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #175
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

You chicas are getting quite worked up, not unlike some Spaniard we know.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #176

Quote:
I'm not that bad Do you really want me to use my imagination? Ok I've used it but David cannot be that bad can he
What do you mean bad? It's a good thing in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista View Post
You chicas are getting quite worked up, not unlike some Spaniard we know.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #177
country flag alisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
What do you mean bad? It's a good thing in some cases.

We're talking about David here, somehow I just cannot imagine him being bad he looks too innocent but then again they say look out for the quiet ones
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 AM   #178
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm... I saw the Spanish DC team on SUI [French] news this afternoon. They only showed Rafa talking, nobody else. Funny thing was, I'm sure David was showing a baseball bat during the press conf... Still wondering about that... any photos fr the press conf??

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #179
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see a Valencia thread, so posting article here...

Valencia
La Armada contra el argentino Chela
Ferrer, Ferrero, Almagro y Verdasco son los favoritos españoles para la quinta edición del torneo
FERNANDO MIÑANA/ VALENCIA

Vuelve el Open y vuelve la tierra. Porque el torneo de la Comunitat Valenciana es el punto de partida de un tramo del año que discurre sobre el polvo de ladrillo y que concluye dentro de ocho semanas en París, Roland Garros, uno de los santuarios del tenis.

El torneo de Juan Carlos Ferrero –es su propietario– alcanza su quinta edición en un año que se presume de transición. El cartel es parecido al de ejercicios anteriores, aunque se echa en falta alguna estrella de la talla de Rafa Nadal, Gustavo Kuerten o Marat Safin. Pero alrededor de las pistas ya se comienza a hablar de un salto cualitativo. Se espera que el torneo ascienda de categoría dentro de un año, alcanzando un estatus superior. Esto, lógicamente, implica la llegada de jugadores más potentes.

Pero eso es el futuro y el Club de Tenis Valencia ya se ha vestido elegantemente para albergar el V Open de la Comunitat Valenciana a partir del lunes, aunque este fin de semana ya se habrá servido el entrante de la previa.

La nómina de favoritos está prácticamente copada por tenistas españoles. Aunque hay una excepción, el argentino Juan Ignacio Chela, presumible cabeza de serie número 3. Así, el principal favorito será, si el jet-lag lo permite, el valenciano David Ferrer. El único problema es que el de Xàbia disputa la Copa Davis este fin de semana en Estados Unidos, en el estado de Carolina del Norte, y probablemente, dejando el viaje al margen, la transición de una pista exageradamente veloz a una de cámara lenta como la del CT Valencia se antoja complicada.

Mucho más preparado estará Juan Carlos Ferrero, que aún no se ha instalado en la élite pura y dura, pero que ya se encuentra en la parte noble del ranking. El de Ontinyent lleva varios días entrenándose en el escenario de la competición y su tenis ha vuelto a ser notable este año.

Los cuatro campeones
Tampoco conviene perder de vista a dos tenistas que ya han levantado el plato de cerámica en el CT Valencia. Por un lado, Nicolás Almagro, el agresivo tenista murciano que defiende su corona y que en Valencia inició una racha de triunfos imponente. Por otro, Fernando Verdasco, un madrileño que siempre ha dicho que se encuentra muy a gusto en estas pistas.

La organización ha logrado reunir a sus cuatro campeones, ya que además de Ferrero (2003), Verdasco (2004) y Almagro (2006) estará Igor Andreev (2005). El ruso afincado en Valencia jugará gracias a una de las invitaciones que reparte el torneo, ya que una grave lesión le ha tenido apartado de las pistas durante ocho o nueve meses y eso ha provocado su hundimiento en el ranking ATP.

Buena trayectoria de Chela
Pero los favoritos no serán únicamente los españoles. Al frente de los extranjeros aparece Juan Ignacio Chela. El bonaerense lleva una excelente trayectoria este año, proclamándose campeón en Acapulco, alcanzando las semifinales en Costa Do Sauipe, y los cuartos en Auckland, Miami, Indian Wells y Buenos Aires. En total acumula 20 victorias y seis derrotas.

En una segunda fila se encuentran otros jugadores extranjeros con posibilidades, como el caso del estilista francés Gilles Simon, finalista en la pasada edición, el alemán Florian Mayer, el italiano Filippo Volandri, el francés Paul-Henri Mathieu y el ecuatoriano Nicolás Lapentti.

La lucha no se sintetiza únicamente entre españoles y extranjeros, también habrá que ver si alguno de los cuatro campeones son capaces de convertirse en el primer tenista que alcanza el título por segunda vez.
http://www.lasprovincias.es/valencia..._20070407.html

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #180

Thanks RF!