Welcome to Lyon, Famous For Its Olympique Lyonnais, Its Quenelles and...Eléa! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #91
country flag diligent

diligent is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome to Lyon, Famous For Its Olympique Lyonnais, Its Quenelles and...Eléa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
Diligent, DO come back frequently and post too! We often disagree here, but it´s not serious, and we´re a pretty nice bunch really!!! The main thing is that you´re a GG fan and this is the spot to be!
So feel welcome!
You are very sweet, Vale. Thank you.

George, I don't know historically everything about Gaudio. But I've read every GG interview possible that I've found in English in mags and on the internet. I think Vale put it very clearly what goes through Gaudio's mind. Better I think than sometimes Gaudio explains himself. Gaudio is very candid about his feelings about his playing and his mental issues with it, and it always suprises me that he offers up so much. As much as he hates the press, he shares a tremendous amount of himself there.

I guess this is a case of me wanting to make a doberman out of a golden retriever. I want so much more for Gaudio, and I guess that is bothersome to the true fan. I want him to fight more and believe in himself more. What's so wrong with that?
diligent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2005, 08:40 PM   #92
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to Lyon, Famous For Its Olympique Lyonnais, Its Quenelles and...Eléa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diligent
I want him to fight more and believe in himself more. What's so wrong with that?
Nothing wrong in that I guess. From the moment you accept that it's not because you want it that you get it. And also that you don't get wild when you see you don't get it. Take the guy the way he is... Welcome along btw.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #93
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gaudio is very candid about his feelings about his playing and his mental issues with it, and it always suprises me that he offers up so much. As much as he hates the press, he shares a tremendous amount of himself there.
Gastón said once that he disliked giving interviews to the media because they always asked him the same things: "How do you feel 1 month after winning RG?", "How do you feel 2 months after winning RG?", and so on... He also feels and tries to live like an ordinary guy and being interviewed and photographed doesn´t fall into that category. So he now has no press agent and handles his own agenda. Having his cell number is the magic key, but then he usually says no.
BUT when he decides to give interviews he says he tries to respect the journalists who are only doing their jobs! One aspect of that respect is demonstrated in the seriousness with which he answers their questions, answering with the unvarnished truth and never trying to dodge the difficult ones.
That´s why you´ll never get bored with a GG interview! He´s extremely articulate and has an original mindset, and he shuns platitudes!
(I have a lot of interviews filed away that I can send you if you like. Each of them is too long to send as a PM so you would have to PM me your email)
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:32 AM   #94
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
George, I don't know historically everything about Gaudio. But I've read every GG interview possible that I've found in English in mags and on the internet. I think Vale put it very clearly what goes through Gaudio's mind. Better I think than sometimes Gaudio explains himself. Gaudio is very candid about his feelings about his playing and his mental issues with it, and it always suprises me that he offers up so much. As much as he hates the press, he shares a tremendous amount of himself there.

I guess this is a case of me wanting to make a doberman out of a golden retriever. I want so much more for Gaudio, and I guess that is bothersome to the true fan. I want him to fight more and believe in himself more. What's so wrong with that?
Gaston does and says what he wants, it might not be what people want to hear, but it's him and not full of cliches, so it is a symbol of what he is, whether people like or not.

Bascially this forum would be fucked without Vale's contributions to it, that simple.

Yes, you nailed it right there, as to why I find it bothersome and I have never forgotten his dark days and won't, read the respective feelings of the posters into what they felt when he won RG and you will see what it to meant to some of them.

He will never have Muster or Cañas like fighting spirit and yes I have witnessed that myself live, it's much better to see crap performances in the flesh, but he fought in the event that counted. Sometimes he does it and other times it hasn't happened.

Then there the others who are opposites on court, it goes back to the mentality of the individual and how can you force someone to have more self-belief than they do, it's something that has to come from within the individual and that individual only.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:22 PM   #95
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Bascially this forum would be fucked without Vale's contributions to it, that simple.
That's not true, but thanks anyway! I'm blushing!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 AM   #96
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - I always enjoy watching Gaudio play, especially when he's on, as he is capable of some magic on the court, but I think I've fallen in love with him off-the-court now after reading these last several posts. I know he is a private person and shuns media as much as he can, and really have to hand it to him for not giving journalists the same ol' canned answers, especially when these interviews are something he does not enjoy.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:06 AM   #97
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not true, but thanks anyway! I'm blushing!!!
Time to blush a 2nd time, 'cause I second 100% what GWH wrote.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:31 AM   #98
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Vale, face it....you are very informative in your writing. Whatever would we do without you?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM   #99
country flag Vale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
Vale, face it....you are very informative in your writing. Whatever would we do without you?
I think there's a conspiracy in this forum to make me feel good! Well, you've achieved it!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #100
country flag Choupi

Quote:
I think there's a conspiracy in this forum to make me feel good! Well, you've achieved it!!!