Swiss Davis Cup Team - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #421
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swiss Davis Cup Team

If that would be the case, I don't know who would replace Heinz's spot in the SF2 tennis commentating. The TV station wouldn't like it..

And, I don't know if Severin is good or not.. I don't know the inside info, so I can't tell much, can you? All I see is he is sitting there on the bench and watching and talking, that's something every great and bad captain does.

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #422
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Point View Post
If that would be the case, I don't know who would replace Heinz's spot in the SF2 tennis commentating. The TV station wouldn't like it..

And, I don't know if Severin is good or not.. I don't know the inside info, so I can't tell much, can you? All I see is he is sitting there on the bench and watching and talking, that's something every great and bad captain does.
but quite true!!!

Still, even if I agree that it is hard to tell if he is good or not as a captain, at least we know the guy has not the experience of having being on the court playing for a davis cup match (in fact he has even never played a challenger match!!!). So he doesn't know what it is to play such a match and therefore I doubt he can be of any help for the players! Again, that's just my opinion...
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #423

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
but quite true!!!

Still, even if I agree that it is hard to tell if he is good or not as a captain, at least we know the guy has not the experience of having being on the court playing for a davis cup match (in fact he has even never played a challenger match!!!). So he doesn't know what it is to play such a match and therefore I doubt he can be of any help for the players! Again, that's just my opinion...
I am sure Roger and co. knew his background when they chose Severin as their new captain after Rosset being kicked out. Still, they chose him. They have a great trust in him. By the way, his Fed Cup team is not so good, but they still have him as a captain, too.

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Old 09-28-2007, 05:04 PM   #424
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am sure Roger and co. knew his background when they chose Severin as their new captain after Rosset being kicked out. Still, they chose him. They have a great trust in him. By the way, his Fed Cup team is not so good, but they still have him as a captain, too.
Ok, and so what?

So this means the guy is a good captain???
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
Ok, and so what?

So this means the guy is a good captain???
NO, I didn't mean that. I just mentioned the fact. We just don't know. But, If he doesn't do a good job as a captein, why haven't they fired him? Swiss Tennis and players know a lot more about him and his capablity than us outside viewers.

good luck RF!!

Old 09-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #426
country flag ste

ste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond repute

The team said at the apero - to be correct Roger said for all of the team members - that they are all very happy with Severin and that he is a great coach.

the heard from several sites that people are saying he isn't that good for the swiss team but that is definitely not true for the players...

so I'd say if they're happy with him then he does a good job!!! and we have to accept him on the bench... !
Old 02-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #427
country flag tonia9

tonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond reputetonia9 has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I'll be the one who post it

Switzerland - Poland 3:0

Stephane Bohli - Dawid Olejniczak 6:4, 7:6 (7-3), 6:4

Stanislas Wawrinka - Błażej Koniusz 6:3, 7:6 (7-5), 6:3

Yves Allegro, Michael Lammer - Mariusz Fyrstenberg, Marcin Matkowski 6:4, 6:3, 2:6, 6:3

The awareness of our own strength makes us modest. - Paul Cezanne

Roger is the most talented and the most complete player on the tour. One gets the feeling that he can always move up one gear when he needs to - Martina Hingis
tonia9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #428
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Allegro in Besancon called a Belarus' court an "icerink."

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:10 AM   #429

Well, Switzerland is back in the playoff, so I should contribute in this thread.

Congrats Swiss team!!

Yves Allegro won the 5th rubber in straight set and one of the sets was a 6-0!

good luck RF!!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #430
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, Switzerland is back in the playoff, so I should contribute in this thread.

Congrats Swiss team!!

Yves Allegro won the 5th rubber in straight set and one of the sets was a 6-0!
well done, boys! heard it on the radio yesterday that Stan survived the 5th setter.
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #431
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Switzerland drawn to host Belgium in Davis Cup World Group playoffs

The Associated Press
April 16, 2008

LONDON: Switzerland will host Belgium in the World Group playoffs in September.

The Swiss team, which missed out on this season's World Group despite using top-ranked Roger Federer in last year's playoffs, will get a chance to return to the top tier when it plays the Belgians from Sept. 19-21, the International Tennis Federation said Wednesday.

The other pairings from Wednesday's draw were: Chile vs. Australia; Britain vs. Austria; Croatia vs. Brazil; Israel vs. Peru; Netherlands vs. South Korea; Romania vs. India; and Slovakia vs. Serbia.

Federer has skipped most of his country's Davis Cup series, but he usually comes back to help the team if it needs to win to get into the World Group or avoid relegation to the zonal group.

Last year against the Czech Republic, Federer won two singles matches but the Swiss still lost 3-2.

Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...s-Cup-Draw.php
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #432
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

It's official, the DC tie SUI-BEL will be held in Lausanne (patinoire de Malley)
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #433
country flag Mrs. B

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
It's official, the DC tie SUI-BEL will be held in Lausanne (patinoire de Malley)
again?

at least it's not so far to drive from Bern.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 AM   #434
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. B View Post
again?

at least it's not so far to drive from Bern.
Because the Welshes are a better crowd you can't complain, Lausanne is an hour away from Bern, no big deal
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #435
country flag Mrs. B

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Because the Welshes are a better crowd you can't complain, Lausanne is an hour away from Bern, no big deal
and as soon as the ice stadium here is done with renovation, maybe DC can also be played here in the future!