Swiss Davis Cup Team - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #406
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swiss Davis Cup Team

didn't see the doubles match,,.. but,, how Fedegro lost the match,, so bitter...

Good luck, Roger and Stan, tomorrow!!!

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #407

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Actually I really like it now as well...! But I dunno if it would look well if Michi does so
I personally think he would look good with short hair as well.. I am also planning to do the Chiudi when I get hair cut next time...

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Old 09-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #408
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Point View Post
I personally think he would look good with short hair as well.. I am also planning to do the Chiudi when I get hair cut next time...
At first I didn't like the cut for Chiudi either, but now it's a small bit longer again and that way it's already better.
What's it with guys doing hairs that way? My brother always does so as well

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #409
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the Swiss team lost the tie against the Czech Republic 2:3, but
it's no shame to lose to such great players as Berdych and Stepanek who had the home advantage. There are other good tennis teams as Australia, Croatia and Chile relegated from the WG as well, which shows that the competition is very tough.

Sorry for all the Swiss fans who went to see the encounter and support the team. Looking forward to hear what they have to say about the weekend.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #410

Well, Stepanek was too good for Stan, it seemed. Stepanek was often at the net finishing the point there. Stan couldn't do much about it,, and also his errors..

Who thought Stepanek was going to win the third set, while watching how he was suffering from the sudden injury happning? His recovery from that was unbelievable. hatoff to the Czech care team and Stepanek himself and his will to win.

Swiss TV match highlights http://www.sf.tv/var/videoplayer.php...%3A00%3A03.447

And, I am not sure if it was the right moment for that loud cheering chant from the Swiss crowd, when Stepanek suffered a sudden injury and it looked terrible. Many must have thought he could be retiring, including me. The Czech crowd booed to the Swiss crowd for getting loud when it happened.

And,, I don't like the Swiss TV commentator P.M. The facts he says are often wrong. He is not good at tennis commentation.. For one year or so he has been doing the live commentating,, but I have been doubting him since then for what he was saying.. Today, it blew me so hard when he called Michael Lammer "Martin Lammer". not once,, twice.. Surprised also that Heinz Günthardt doesn't correct him, either.

good luck RF!!

Last edited by Stevens Point : 09-23-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #411
country flag ste

ste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond repute

I am BACK

the result you know already... sadly not what we hoped but I am over it already now I think... after the matches and the interviews last night the players came to the supporter apero and told that they're disappointed but also said that they know that were faults which just shouldn't had to be... esp. the ones in Doubles....

but we can't change what happened and the team had such a great atmosphere in the group and that's something that is really important to be successful and they also told us that Severin Lüthi is doing a wonderful job and that they like him really much even if there are sometimes voices which says some other things....

it was a sad ending but all in all the trip was great a lot of nice moments in the crowd even if we had to survive againt 13'000 fans.. okay just czechs as really fans they only had around 20 the rest weren't real fans in czech's clothing....

and to Yukio: the song we sang during the time Stepanek got a treating... was nothing against the Czech's we just sang the *on est la" Song and there is nothing in it which could be against the other team but as they didn't understand french they meant we are happy to see them having troubles cause of Stepanek's "injury"... at the apero Roger said that this injury is a bit strange as something like that would hurt that much that you couldn't move as stepanek did in the tiebreak...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #412

Welcome back, Ste! I saw you a lot in the red crowd on TV!

Yes, the Swiss atmosphere was great! I think the Swiss was louder than the Czech crowd.. Great that you enjoyed the weekend, despite the result of the tie.

About the Stepanek's injury.. I don't want to think like it was a overreacted injury or maybe a fake,, but his recovery was indeed unbelievable. I know that the chanting on est la was meant nothing against the Czechs, but I understood the feeling of the Czech fans at the moment,,, witnessing their player suffering from a sudden injury, which looked terrible, and which could turn the match situation upside down. So, I fully understand that they didn't like that the Swiss crowd got loud then. If Roger got injured suddenly like that when he was leading like 2 sets up and at the end of the third set, and then the crowd of the other team got loud,, you wouldn't like it, either,, at least me...

good luck RF!!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #413
country flag simsha35

simsha35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Point View Post
Welcome back, Ste! I saw you a lot in the red crowd on TV!

Yes, the Swiss atmosphere was great! I think the Swiss was louder than the Czech crowd.. Great that you enjoyed the weekend, despite the result of the tie.

About the Stepanek's injury.. I don't want to think like it was a overreacted injury or maybe a fake,, but his recovery was indeed unbelievable. I know that the chanting on est la was meant nothing against the Czechs, but I understood the feeling of the Czech fans at the moment,,, witnessing their player suffering from a sudden injury, which looked terrible, and which could turn the match situation upside down. So, I fully understand that they didn't like that the Swiss crowd got loud then. If Roger got injured suddenly like that when he was leading like 2 sets up and at the end of the third set, and then the crowd of the other team got loud,, you wouldn't like it, either,, at least me...
Im a Czech Rogers fan but I was rooting for Czechs because it was DC. I admired the Swiss fans all the time, they were really great and they actually made us Czechs to root even more, it was because they were so well organized and obviously experienced unlike Czechs. I consider myself a hard-core tennis fan but this was my very first time seeing tennis live. Its because we dont have any big tournaments here and no big names come to CR to play...Anyways, I was really excited just being there...and yes, as a Czech fan I got really angry when the Swiss started singing after Radek got injured.. it didnt really matter what they sang.. it just wasnt the right moment to sing anything....I heard that Roger said something that Radek just pretended the injury but it wasnt a quote, it wasnt an interview, it wasnt anything.. just some newspaper said it had been said, so I dont believe that, Roger would never said anything like that even if he thought it was like that IMHO...+ being there seeing that I think the injury was real.. and who would risk to pretend an injury and losing concentration? Anyways, I really liked the on est la song (not at that particular moment, tho) and Id really appreciate if someone of the Swiss fan base could send me the lyrics or an mp3 would be even better.
Thank you so much in advance!

Roger rules!
simsha35 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #414
country flag Lunaris

Lunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond reputeLunaris has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys, reading your posts I feel I should respond. Of course Stepanek's injury was real. Fortunately it's nothing serious, but he must rest for at least one week. I don't understand why would anyone pretend an injury when he was two sets up. Stepanek said he was really scared feeling pain in left knee and knew that winning in three sets was the best option so he gave it all. You are right that it got better after a while and the tape helped him a lot giving him an insurance that he could tread fully on foot without any fear of further damage, so he could move better in the tiebreak. But words about faking it are totally out of place.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 AM   #415
country flag ste

ste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond reputeste has a reputation beyond repute

the on est la lyrics :

On est la, on est la, on est la
quelque soit le resultat on est la
pour l'amour du drapeau
que l'on porte sur le dos

do you need a translation? let me know...
It's indeed a real great song and if everyone sang it from the swiss fans then it just sounds hillarious
I am sure we didn't sing because he was injured or so ... as a win of Stan because Radek would have retired or so would have never been what we wanted as we all knew that it would be a stolen win... it was more that we wanted to show Stan that we're behind him - and the team members "showed" or better advised us to sing something...
Old 09-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #416
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

ste is right. the Swiss supporters were just prodding Stan on, of course since it was sung during Stepanek's injury timeout, it sounded rude, from the Czech point of view.
but there was also a moment when the Swiss fans booed Stepanek because he made some obscene gestures to Stan's face after he broke him.

lol, that on est la song was still ringing in my ears on the flight going back to CH.

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #417
country flag simsha35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste View Post
the on est la lyrics :

quelque soit le resultat on est la
pour l'amour du drapeau
que l'on porte sur le dos

do you need a translation? let me know...
It's indeed a real great song and if everyone sang it from the swiss fans then it just sounds hillarious
I am sure we didn't sing because he was injured or so ... as a win of Stan because Radek would have retired or so would have never been what we wanted as we all knew that it would be a stolen win... it was more that we wanted to show Stan that we're behind him - and the team members "showed" or better advised us to sing something...
ok, I understand, the truth is that no one had idea what you were singing about anyways...

and hank you very much for the lyrics!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #418
country flag simsha35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. B View Post
ste is right. the Swiss supporters were just prodding Stan on, of course since it was sung during Stepanek's injury timeout, it sounded rude, from the Czech point of view.
but there was also a moment when the Swiss fans booed Stepanek because he made some obscene gestures to Stan's face after he broke him.

lol, that on est la song was still ringing in my ears on the flight going back to CH.
Really, what did Stepanek do? I remember someone mentioned something in rf.com but I didnt see the gesture myself and of course the Czech media wont say anything!
I actually remember you booed at Stepanek at some point but I didnt know why...
Old 09-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #419
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute

I read in a swiss news paper that severin luthi should not be the swiss captain anymore! I must admit I agree...

Many fans will jump on me for saying that but I think he is not doing his job properly. I know he is great with the fans and a very good friend for the players but it is not his job. His job is to push his players to think they can beat anyone on the other side of the net, whoever it is. Since he's been captain he has never been able to do that, with none of the players when he was on the captain's chair. If chiudinelli managed to win big matches, it certainly was because of serverin. With bohli and wawrinka zhis weekend it showed he's useless on the captain's chair. Believe me I have nothing against him but I think he should just be part of the swiss staff (organisation of thins for the fans, of other events, etc...) but just not the captain!!!

The swiss team needs someone who has experience and who would be able to make the players give/leave their best on the court. I think heinz gunthard would be the right guy!

Please don't give bad names for expressing myself. It is just my opinion!

What is yours?
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #420
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Günthardt would be the right pick to replace Lüthi... I mean, Swiss tennis is so small that there aren't many prentenders, and Heinz is well appreciated, and a natural leader with a lot of charisma... He gets along well with Roger too, and Swiss tennis is well aware that the new captain has to get along well with our #1...
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote