Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl) - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #781
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player/Coach Changes (Henri Leconte coaching Monfils)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
I don´t know...I liked LEconte, like you said, he was a true shotmaker witn an etertaining character, a nice player to watch. But I feel Monfils might benefit more from someone who has a more workman-like approach to the game. Someone like Gilbert comes to mind. I know it will never happen, but something like that would benefit Le Monf more, i think.
thank you.structure Gael needs not shot making because he is a shot making but when to hit those shots on a very bad day he doesn't know
4) Congress set the rules on dealing with child migrants under the Bush administration:Most of this process was codified by Congress under the Homeland Security Act of 2002; Congress added some additional protections under the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act, in 2008. http://www.vox.com/2014/6/16/5813406...mmigrants-daca

*After DECADES of THUG GOP Presidents arming,supporting,financing Latin American Dictators,chickens are coming home to roost.GOP You OWN THIS.The more you insult them the longer ya'll will pay.What a week.RIP GOP/TeaKLAN
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #782
country flag ufiors

ufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond repute

nadal and TONI?
ufiors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #783
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
thank you.structure Gael needs not shot making because he is a shot making but when to hit those shots on a very bad day he doesn't know
Given how rarely he employs it, is it any wonder he's clueless when and how to try?

I'm among those who think this might work very well. Don't think he needs structure, hard work or anything similar. He needs a compeltely different outlook on the game and his own approach to it. Perhaps Leconte can convince him that acrobatics does not constitute entertaining tennis and what actually does and he'll start tapping into some of the potential, eh
Hope it is clear now, tool!
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #784
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Everyone on the tour qualify to be mugs and clowns. Nole is a mug, Fed is a clown, Rafa is a joke. Why do we even watch tennis, lol?
The same reason we watch the circus. It's fun.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #785
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Leconte will coach clown Monfils only in Valence and Bercy, it's just temporary
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #786
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
The same reason we watch the circus. It's fun.
yup. I'm glad there are some smart guys on MTF. lol
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #787
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

More insights on the Rafa-Toni relationship in this article...

Nadal should read his autobiography

BY STEPHANIE MYLES, THE GAZETTE OCTOBER 1, 2011

The first thing you should know about Rafael Nadal's recently published English-language autobiography is that the subject himself didn't read it before it came out.

The tennis superstar from Mallorca said during news conferences at last month's U.S. Open that he would wait for the Spanish version. And, despite inviting questions, Nadal wouldn't discuss much of it. He also said the translated version of some of his innermost thoughts might not have clearly conveyed what he was thinking.

So we'll have to take on faith that the book, with its sometimes awkward language and insistence on using the word "game" instead of "match" - a surprising malapropism for a tennis book - accurately reflects his reality.

It is either an insightful window into the 25-year-old's life so far or a frustrating conundrum, depending how much you read between the lines of the double-spaced text. If you're a believer that the end doesn't justify the means, you'll be awfully angry at Uncle Toni.

Three major themes emerge. The first is how diametrically opposite the "real" Rafa is to the snarling, toughas-nails competitor he seems on the court. The second is the emergence of Novak Djokovic as his rival, even though it was written before Djokovic defeated Nadal six consecutive times this season.

Last, but certainly not least, there is Uncle Toni, Nadal's lifelong coach and mentor.

Toni Nadal comes off as an egocentric, underachieving, domineering man who truly believed that only by tearing his nephew down could he rise to be great. Extended passages read almost like a passive-aggressive diatribe, things Nadal wanted to say but couldn't.

Uncle Toni repeatedly called Nadal a "mama's boy" as a child. He criticizes him even when he wins. He still threatens to walk away from the relationship any time his nephew dares disagree with him.

The least-illustrious member of a high-achieving clan, a failed pro coaching kids at the small local club in Manacor, was allowed free rein to have his way with the shy, impressionable young Rafa.

As the family dynamic is laid out in the book, it seems that no one dared step in.

"The rest of the family looked on with a bemusement that, in the case of Rafa's mother, occasionally gave way to anger," co-author Carlin writes.

Father Sebastian had "misgivings." Uncle Juan said it was "mental cruelty." Uncle Miguel Angel says Toni Nadal "bluntly discriminated against (Rafa), knowing he could not have gotten away with it with the other boys," after the kid came home from practice in tears.

"Towards those close to him, while unbendingly loyal, he can be moody, gruff and quarrelsome," Carlin writes of Toni Nadal. "He is not the black sheep of the family because ostracism is not something the tight-knit Nadals do."

When Uncle Toni is 15 minutes late for an appointment, Nadal says nothing. When Nadal is 15 minutes late, Uncle Toni threatens to quit - again.

The relationship with his uncle is an extension of a family dynamic heavily stressed in the book as indispensable to Nadal's success. His physical trainer, Joan Forcades, even says Nadal is a champion because of the "consistently favourable influence of a happy childhood and ordered adolescence," and has "lived all his life with the shelter of a remarkably stable, remarkably conflict-free environment."

And yet, through all that happiness and stability, Nadal's parents clearly were having issues and eventually separated in 2009. It was a move that had to be a last resort, given the family dynamic, and also had to be a long time in the making. The book tries just a little bit too hard to paint a rosy portrait. No family is ever perfect.

Nadal said in New York that if he had a problem with Uncle Toni, he would never have expressed that in the book. But in many ways, he does.

"I don't need (Uncle Toni's) lessons in humility any more," Nadal writes. "I don't need to be told any more that I have 'to put on a good face.' While he deserves credit for so many good things in my career, he also deserves blame for me being more insecure than I ought to be."

As Nadal finally matures, you wonder if those cryptic musings will take on more weight.

As for the man himself, he's a walking contradiction. He's scared of most animals, even dogs.

"I doubt their intentions," he writes.

His mother, Ana Maria, says he's scared of the dark, preferring to sleep with the light or the television on. He's "not comfortable" with thunder or lightning. Sister Maribel says he won't swim or Jet Ski unless he can see the sand at the bottom of the ocean. He's never felt comfortable on a bicycle or motorcycle, afraid he'd fall off. And he's terrified of helicopters.

The two things he's not afraid of, it seems, are hard work - and winning.

Nadal openly admits being coached by Uncle Toni during matches. He also opens the door to the locker room and outlines his pre-match rituals, an inflexible and extensive series of preparations without which he believes he cannot win.

He doesn't, however, mention the move that grabs the attention of even the most casual fan - his insistence on grabbing his shorts before every point.

Nadal's autobiography tells you things you didn't know about a man who likely will go down as one of the sport's all-time greats. Or, it tells you far more than you ever wanted to know. It either diminishes your esteem for him in some way, or it makes you respect his accomplishments even more, given the rather human and flawed man behind the mask.

Your take on it probably will depend on whether you're a Nadal fan.

Either way, it's oddly fascinating. And you wonder, when Nadal finally does read it, if he'll be surprised at just how much he revealed - intentionally or otherwise.

RAFA

By Rafael Nadal and John Carlin Hyperion, 250 pages

smyles@ montrealgazette.com

© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1ZlbyXONV

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #788
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
More insights on the Rafa-Toni relationship in this article...

Nadal should read his autobiography

BY STEPHANIE MYLES, THE GAZETTE OCTOBER 1, 2011

The first thing you should know about Rafael Nadal's recently published English-language autobiography is that the subject himself didn't read it before it came out.
i knew i was right about tio toni... he is the reason rafa has so many weird ticks and compulsions... the constant mental break down and reshaping of a human being... nadal was not born to be the twisted wreakage of what should be a perfectly functioning part of the human race... not some old man's toy frankenstein...

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=431

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=3174

Last edited by fast_clay : 10-04-2011 at 01:14 AM.
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #789
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa No kid should have to deal with that, not even for the price of success.

I'm sure Miguel Angel sometimes wishes he'd convinced Rafa to go into Mallorca's youth team; there is no doubt that Rafa and his entire family are proud of the success he has had, and that it was absolutely worth all the hard work, but Toni sounds like a slavedriver
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #790
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Rafa No kid should have to deal with that, not even for the price of success.

I'm sure Miguel Angel sometimes wishes he'd convinced Rafa to go into Mallorca's youth team; there is no doubt that Rafa and his entire family are proud of the success he has had, and that it was absolutely worth all the hard work, but Toni sounds like a slavedriver
I'm a Nole fan but I don't like his parents. Sure, they invested everything in Novak but they are very .... whatever, I can't even find the right words to describe them. His dad is an idiot. I do not like Toni either. He did nothing for Nadal. He just pushed him. Nadal is simply a very talented player. I'm sure he'd do just fine without his uncle.

Yes, Rafa did win 10 majors but still. Nadal should get rid of Toni and get a real trainer. Rafa is not 15 yo any more. He should start making his own decisions.

When I see his dear uncle Toni I feel like throwing up.

Last edited by Alex999 : 10-05-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #791
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
I'm a Nole fan but I don't like his parents. Sure, they invested everything in Novak but they are very .... whatever, I can't even find the right words to describe them. His dad is an idiot. I do not like Toni either. He did nothing for Nadal. He just pushed him. Nadal is simply a very talented player. I'm sure he'd do just fine without his uncle.

Yes, Rafa did win 10 majors but still. Nadal should get rid of Toni and get a real trainer. Rafa is not 15 yo any more. He should start making his own decisions.

When I see his dear uncle Toni I feel like throwing up.
There is no way you don't like his great father and ''January 2008. king is dead'' mother
Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #792
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
There is no way you don't like his great father and ''January 2008. king is dead'' mother
I think Djokovic's parents are widely missunderstood and the media blown out of proportion those quotes which were completly out of context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Federer went off on one long tirade about him after that DC match. " He's a joke", "Was happy to shake his hand, as the winner.." "poor prospect in comparison to Gasquet, Murray and Monfils" etc. etc. Of course no one ever mentions that ridiculous interview from Fed. All we hear over and over again is, Dijana's "King is dead" blah blah as if the Djokovics single handedly started the whole thing without any provocation, attacking, poor, mild-mannered Fed. You can hardly blame them for not being able to stand him after that DC fiasco. Besides, I read a very interesting report recently(from someone who was apparently there) on how that "King" comment actually came about. It said something like, she was giving an interview in Serbian and some Aussie journalists came over, wanting a big quote from her. She was saying she was happy, proud etc. and then one journo suggested "the king is dead". She didn't understand at first, what this was supposed to mean in English( confused because she was taking it literally) so it was then translated back into Serbian for her by one of the Serb journalists, to which she laughed and said "yeah yeah" or something like this. I found that interesting. It was a lot more tame than people made out, was said as a joke and wasn't even her original words. Also the "Novak, Novak, Novak" thing after Wimbledon was like this. Reporter: "For years it was Federer, Federer, Federer, Rafa, Rafa, Rafa, what do you think now? They said she laughed and went " now it's Novak, Novak, Novak"... But then of course, media presents them as these completely unprompted, statements. The last one is even kind of funny when you see the question

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #793
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

" He's a joke", "Was happy to shake his hand, as the winner.." "poor prospect in comparison to Gasquet, Murray and Monfils" etc. etc.

what? he said all that? calling your opponent a joke? is there a link to it somewhere?
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #794
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
" He's a joke", "Was happy to shake his hand, as the winner.." "poor prospect in comparison to Gasquet, Murray and Monfils" etc. etc.

what? he said all that? calling your opponent a joke? is there a link to it somewhere?
Yeah, he said all that, I wish someone posts the whole interview here. Saint Roger my ass.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 11-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #795
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dimitrov and coach Peter McNamara part ways

What next?

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...5106&zoneid=25

Quote:
Grigor Dimitrov and Peter McNamara have ended their coaching relationship, the Patrick Mouratoglou Academy reported. The two were together for a year-and-a-half, and the Aussie McNamara helped the Bulgarian reach a career-high No. 52 ranking. Patrick Mouratoglou says that the academy will take its time in hiring a new coach for Dimitrov, who has the nickname "Baby Federer."

Mouratoglou just hired five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis to work with his young women players, but she will not work with former Top 15 player Yanina Wickmayer for the moment, who is being helped by the academy.