Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl) - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #736
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa splitting up with Toni?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I don't have any hidden agenda, Star.
I'm expressing my opinion after reading the book. You must recognise that Rafa-Toni relationship is not very normal.
When I said they are made to sound like a Sicilian clan, I don't mean anything bad, or criminally-related, just that they're a very close family with their own rules and ethic code. Everything stays in the family. It's cool, my family is like that too, like most Spanish families, but I don't think Toni is a very good guy, that's my sincere opinion. I'm sorry if you read something else in my comment, that wasn't the intention, maybe I didn't pick the right words.

No, I agree. Your agenda is not hidden.

Why would you choose the word Sicilian if you didn’t mean to cast aspersions? Why not say Mallorquin clan? You know what Sicilian implies. You’re saying most Spanish families are that way, yet you still said Sicilian. Now you say you meant nothing by using the word. I guess it’s good that you explain yourself now.

Also, you are wrong that “everything stays in the family.” Rafa explicitly states in the book that his father insisted in brining in people outside the family to see to the business side of tennis.

I don’t doubt that you are expressing your sincere opinion.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #737
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
No, I agree. Your agenda is not hidden.

Why would you choose the word Sicilian if you didn’t mean to cast aspersions? Why not say Mallorquin clan? You know what Sicilian implies. Your’re saying most Spanish families are that way, yet you still said Sicilian. But, it’s good that you explain yourself now.

Also, you are wrong that “everything stays in the family.” Rafa explicitly states in the book that his father insisted in brining in people outside the family to see to the business side of tennis.

I don’t doubt that you are expressing your sincere opinion.
Sorry, I wrote it without thinking because south italian style of clan is the tightest when you think up an example, but you're right, it was a poor choice of words. I didn't mean it at all that way.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #738
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player/Coach Changes (Stani/Lundgren split, Toni/Rafa speculation)

Sicily is an island like Mallorca, no?

I'd say Toni has a big mouth for sure, talks a bit too much sometimes and maybe used some extreme methods but who are we to judge? Maybe that's what it took to make a chamiopn?
And Nole fan, as an older person I tell you, what is a 'normal' relationship or not is very debatable.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #739
country flag FlowerPrincess
Banned!

FlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond reputeFlowerPrincess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You must recognise that Rafa-Toni relationship is not very normal.

Everything stays in the family. It's cool, my family is like that too, like most Spanish families, but I don't think Toni is a very good guy, that's my sincere opinion.
No one must recognize any BS you post here. You on the other hand must recognize that sometimes it's more useful to chew than to talk.

So, your family is not very normal? Mine is very close and I find it more normal that the families that quarrel and never get together on big events.

So, your sincerely opinion is that Toni Nadal is not a very good guy? As what? Greedy? Tempered? Dishonest? What is not very nice for you? Cause with your dumb statement on families, it may very well be that Uncle Toni is bad because he forced Rafa to play with left hand
FlowerPrincess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #740
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please, it's creepy & freaky as fuck & everybody knows it. Can't stand this "on-the-one-hand, on-the-other-hand" pussyfooting bullshit. Don Toni & Rafa = a few levels down from Michael Jackson & his dad.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #741
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is freaky. It should probably be closed now. People are stepping over the lines of appropriateness too far to be believed.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #742
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Oh please, it's creepy & freaky as fuck & everybody knows it. Can't stand this "on-the-one-hand, on-the-other-hand" pussyfooting bullshit. Don Toni & Rafa = a few levels down from Michael Jackson & his dad.
Rafatards getting their panties in a bunch...

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #743
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

^ You're one to talk.

-

That article and many other articles have taken quotes to make things look more dramatic (as they do).

To even start a comparison between Toni & Rafa Nadal's relationship and Michael Jackson's relationship with his father is ludicrous.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #744
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
To even start a comparison between Toni & Rafa Nadal's relationship and Michael Jackson's relationship with his father is ludicrous.
Yea, Rafa can moonball, but can he moonwalk?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #745
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

It pays to represent Toni as the bad guy to foist off all mistakes of Rafito on his 'evil Uncle' and how it has worked

Another win chalked off in favor of the Spanish mafioso family
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #746
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

jelena dokic and andy roddick were manipulated by their love-starved parents. many people don't believe so but i do. nadal isn't in that awful type of situation. he loves what he does.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #747
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rafatards getting their panties in a bunch...
I know.

As somebody has astutely pointed out, the badder you make out Toni to be, the better Rafa looks. Okay, he looks weak, but innocent. I don't know why Rafa fans are getting upset.

It's not just the revelations about their relationship. More telling, in my opinion, is the way Rafa prefaces so many sentences with "Toni thinks" or "Toni says". It's an abnormal level of dependency for a man in his mid-twenties.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #748
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
More telling, in my opinion, is the way Rafa prefaces so many sentences with "Toni thinks" or "Toni says"

No, he doesn't. Quit stirring.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #749
country flag Sophocles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

No, he doesn't. Quit stirring.
He does. At least in the extracts I've seen. Nole Fan (I think) quoted a long passage about his "strategy" against Djokovic - the gist of which was, there was no strategy except to play exceptionally well, reminding me of T.S. Eliot's, "The only 'method' is to be very intelligent." Anyway, in that extract, every 3rd sentence was "Toni says this" & "Toni thinks that".

Last edited by Sophocles : 09-21-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Sophocles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #750
country flag ufiors

ufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond repute

Lundren with Muzza, it's true?
ufiors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote