Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:36 PM   #61
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Changing of the Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
Wow another quick coaching change? This just doesn't seem to be in anyone's best interest.
Absolutely. What is the point in having a coach if you're not prepared to listen to them and take their advice? Might as well take your brother and your best mate along for the ride - ooops- David N. is already doing that

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2006, 02:36 AM   #62
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Mastelli has been in this game for a long time and looks like big Dave had enough of the arrangement already which seems a bit strange.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:57 PM   #63
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Well here is a coaching change in a pair that lasted longer than most- Gonzalez has officially severed the knot with De La Pena. De La Pena will keep busy with his other players and school but it will be interesting to see who Fernando chooses.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:42 PM   #64
country flag Gulliver

Gulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond repute

So who's currently without an official coach now? We've just heard about Gonzalez, Murray ditched his, any others?
Gulliver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:26 AM   #65
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Gonzalez is with Stefanki.
Cañas is working with Gaston Etlis
Zabaleta is know with Mariano Hood when he comes back.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #66
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Bump*
Roddick with Connors (old)
Murray with Gilbert (old)
Gonzalez is with Stafanki ( old news but good news)
And his old coach De La Pena is with Coria ( at least in rumors)

The pendulum continues
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #67
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Well it will be interesting since De La Peña and Coria have had some good arguments in the past when Horacio was coaching Chucho. I wonder if Gonzo and Gaudio will send their best wishes?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #68
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Great thread Sue - of course we'll be kind! Personally - I agree with your commentators - so many players just seem to blame their coaches when things go wrong instead of being mature and adult enough to blame themselves. It's called shifting responsibility instead of facing up to their own shortcomings - and I hate it The South Americans are renowned for it - though as others have said it's true that other players do it to - Marat being the obvious example..

Of course, sometimes personalities just do clash and they're better apart - though certainly in the case of the close-knit Argentine tennis community you would think they would know that before hiring someone and then changing their mind after a few months But - half the time in my opinion it's just because the players aren't grown up enough to see that most of the fault for bad losses is their own - not their coaches! After all-no matter how hard a coach works he can't be out on the court playing a match can he - if a player messes it up, - it is down to him - so why blame someone else!? A lot of fans are bad in that regard too - if their favourite loses it is easy to bame the poor coach and call for his sacking instead of accepting their player is not quite the little they would like him to be!

Btw - GWH - how could you forget the lovely Gaby Markus in your list of Coria's coaches? Mind you - he only lasted a couple of months so maybe it isn't worth remembering

Why did Markus get canned? I remember him from his playing days. Cute guy.

Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #69
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkygirl
Why did Markus get canned? I remember him from his playing days. Cute guy.
Did Markus ever really start? I remember when he left Massu in the spring of 2004 word was that Coria had hired him but I don't think he ever actually traveled to a tournie. And of course he is now back with Massu.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #70
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Well it will be interesting since De La Peña and Coria have had some good arguments in the past when Horacio was coaching Chucho. I wonder if Gonzo and Gaudio will send their best wishes?
I know I thought about that. Gonzo in Madrid I believe And Gaudio in ?Hamburg? Forgive me my memory for tennis is lacking( cuz it isn't as important as other stuff in my life )
BTW I find it rather ironic that he has accepted coaching the player nicknamed "the weasel". I would use that noun and others to describe De La Pena.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #71
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The funny man Lobo is now coaching Moya, this will be an interesting partnership.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #72
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Did Markus ever really start? I remember when he left Massu in the spring of 2004 word was that Coria had hired him but I don't think he ever actually traveled to a tournie. And of course he is now back with Massu.
This was when the Weasel had the shoulder problem and Markus who had his career stopped by injury problems told Coria that he shouldn't play in Houston, but the weasel didn't listen, so they parted ways.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 AM   #73
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I know I thought about that. Gonzo in Madrid I believe And Gaudio in ?Hamburg? Forgive me my memory for tennis is lacking( cuz it isn't as important as other stuff in my life )
BTW I find it rather ironic that he has accepted coaching the player nicknamed "the weasel". I would use that noun and others to describe De La Pena.
It wasn't just Madrid, but in Miami with Gonzo and Horacio was making fun of him and already celebrated that they were in the next round and Coria won. Well Horacio coached Gaudio as well at one point, so that is why Gaston and Gonzo should send best wishes cards.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #74
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

It seems the dance of the South American coaches continues.

De la Peña and Coria aren't together any more, then again I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #75
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Moya is now working with Lobo.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1