Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl) - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #706
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa splitting up with Toni?

Great. Roger can now fine that overrated coach and hire Uncle Tony!

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 01:17 AM   #707
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
It would be the best thing for Rafa in terms of conquering nole. I believe it was Toni who wanted Nadal to go back to his "junkballing" ways because he felt Rafa was relying too much on the serve and has a result the rest of his game suffers.

The junkballing doesn't work against Nole. Aggression, strike first tennis does
Just curious about what gave you this impression. I mean that Toni wanted Rafa to “junkball” as you put it and not use a powerful serve?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #708
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Just curious about what gave you this impression. I mean that Toni wanted Rafa to “junkball” as you put it and not use a powerful serve?
Well it was just a figure of speech of course. Toni did want Nadal to rely less on the serve and more on the aspects of the rest of his game. Nadal was playing MUCH better aggressive tennis last year, and his all around game was clicking just fine.
SetSampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #709
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well it was just a figure of speech of course. Toni did want Nadal to rely less on the serve and more on the aspects of the rest of his game. Nadal was playing MUCH better aggressive tennis last year, and his all around game was clicking just fine.
No, I understood you. I just wondered where you got the information that Toni wanted Rafa to rely less on his serve.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:19 AM   #710
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It would be the best thing for Rafa in terms of conquering nole. I believe it was Toni who wanted Nadal to go back to his "junkballing" ways because he felt Rafa was relying too much on the serve and has a result the rest of his game suffers.

The junkballing doesn't work against Nole. Aggression, strike first tennis does
I think he's right. It worked for Santoro, more recently it worked for Dolgopolov til he panicked.

Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #711
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player/Coach Changes (Stani/Lundgren split, Toni/Rafa speculation)

Still very surprised that Rafa might ditch his uncle.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #712
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Lundgren is coaching Wozniacki. Trust me! My earlier comment was deleted for whatever reason. But the sources tell me that's happening

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:07 AM   #713
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

yeah... i was talking to a couple of spanish coaches who said they were at a tournament where rafa and toni had a huge bust up... words, fists, and then more words... finally uncle toni let his fists properly go and had the final say... left rafa in a pile of his own guts...

i'd say this relationship is more of a stalin-and-worker relationship... a relationship with the chassis, engine and fuel all based upon one word: fear...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #714
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Nah. If any of you have read rafa's recent autobiography (I have and I recommend it) he reveals a lot of friction with Toni over the years and often shows a very dark side of his uncle. I was shocked to read some of the things he said in his bio -specially now at this time, why??-, he has a lot of issues with Toni and now he has made them public (with Toni's permission, of course). I don't understand the reasons for this... he is in the middle of his career, why publish a book now?

Whatever the reason, Toni doesn't look good in this book, he's made to be something of a monster. I pity Rafa...
I don't think they will split up anyway, Rafa has said many times that everything stays in the family, they all run each other's operations. Toni doesn't get paid for coaching Rafa, but he has half the company of his brother Sebastian and receives half the benefits without doing any work. Sebastian also runs Rafa's investments and he takes charge of everything related to Rafa's career. In the book they are made to look like a Sicilian clan. It's kind of creepy.
May I ask what Rafa says about Toni in the book?
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #715
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Nah. If any of you have read rafa's recent autobiography (I have and I recommend it) he reveals a lot of friction with Toni over the years and often shows a very dark side of his uncle. I was shocked to read some of the things he said in his bio -specially now at this time, why??-, he has a lot of issues with Toni and now he has made them public (with Toni's permission, of course). I don't understand the reasons for this... he is in the middle of his career, why publish a book now?

Whatever the reason, Toni doesn't look good in this book, he's made to be something of a monster. I pity Rafa...
I don't think they will split up anyway, Rafa has said many times that everything stays in the family, they all run each other's operations. Toni doesn't get paid for coaching Rafa, but he has half the company of his brother Sebastian and receives half the benefits without doing any work. Sebastian also runs Rafa's investments and he takes charge of everything related to Rafa's career. In the book they are made to look like a Sicilian clan. It's kind of creepy.
I wouldn't say it's creepy or anything, I didin't get that impression. And I don't know the reasons why they agreed to publish a book now, it was written at the bginning of this year after all Rafa's success last year.

Why did Agassi need to publish a book and tell about his drug use?
"To get it off his chest", I don't buy it...
Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #716
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

The creepy thing in the extracts I've seen from Rafa's book is how often he says, "Toni thinks this," &, "Toni thinks that." It's really not normal & it would be better for him as a person if he could break away from this malign overbearing influence. As a tennis player? Who cares?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #717
country flag Hellraiser

Hellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wawrinka splits with Lundgren.

Quote:
World No. 19 Stanislas Wawrinka has announced that he has ended his working relationship with his coach, Peter Lundgren. The pair had worked together since August 2010.

"I would like to thank Peter for all the work together," said Wawrinka. "Thanks to him I have achieved back-to-back quarter-final spots at US Open 2010 and Australian Open 2011. He played a major role in my career and I am extremely grateful."
Stantastic is a mess right now.
Hellraiser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #718
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka not sure who can help him now.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #719
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroni View Post
no one can coach Rafa, except maybe Brad Gilbert.

still, I hope to see Carlos Moya for the job.
I heard rumours that Luis Lobo could coach Armanishakira. Wait and see if it's true
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #720
country flag ufiors

ufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond repute

I want Connors
ufiors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote