Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl) - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #256
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Changing of the Guard-Coaching Changes

Baghdatis and Infantino have stopped working together.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #257
country flag River
Babolat > Other Racquets

River has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Changing of the Guard-Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Baghdatis and Infantino have stopped working together.
I am not surprised at all.

"Tennis is Dea-"
"Just Shut the Hell Up and quit watching already."

ATP
Roddick | Nadal | Isner | Nishikori
WTA
Sharapova <3 | Wozniacki

River is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #258
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wawrinka splits from his coach Zavialoff, is going to work with Peter Lundgren no

According to Swedish media Peter Lundgren will be Stan's new coach

Here is a translation via google:

Quote:
Swedish coach Peter Lundgren, the star has a new mission:

Help Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka back to top 10.

- I'm terribly motivated, "says 45-year-old to Sportbladet.

Peter Lundgren - who among other things, has coached world ones Roger Federer, Marat Safin and Marcelo Rios - was contacted by Stanislas Wawrinka for a couple weeks ago and did not require further consideration before he accepted the job training.

- When I asked what he needed help, he replied that he would return to the top 10. It is such a thing you want to hear as a coach. He is justified and when it becomes terribly fun to work, "says Peter Lundgren.

Has collapsed

Stanislas Wawrinka was världsnia 2008, but has now fallen to 26th-place ranking. The negative trend was 25-year-old coach to change for the first time in his career. Since the age of eight, he has been trained by Dimitri Zavalioff.

The contract with Peter Lundgren case, to begin with, years out.

- He needs to hear a new voice and new ideas. I'll try to get "Stan" to become more aggressive in his game, "said Lundgren.

Tomorrow he goes to Lausanne to launch cooperation with Wawrinka, who has two ATP titles and an Olympic gold in doubles on the merit list. The team also includes fitness coach Pierre Paganini, Lundgren has worked with over the years with Roger Federer.

- This will be fun. It feels like I'm coming back to the roots, "said Peter Lundgren, who was employed by the Swiss tennis association before he was Roger Federer's personal trainer.

"Do not fight"

Lundgren worked previously with Grigor Dimitrov, who was called "the new Federer" but has not lived up to expectations.

- He fought not at the matches and I was not very motivated at the end. I wanted to see more hunger. "Stan" to return to the top 10 and there are things I should do. I will do everything for him to do that, "said Peter Lundgren.
Swedish source: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle7467079.ab
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #259
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wawrinka splits from his coach Zavialoff, is going to work with Peter Lundgren no

Good move I guess.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #260
country flag Hellraiser

Hellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond repute

What superb news for Stan fan.
Hellraiser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #261
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Lundgren was coaching Dimitrov?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #262
country flag Hellraiser

Hellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond reputeHellraiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Charmer View Post
I thought Lundgren was coaching Dimitrov?
Nope, somebody else from that under Paris Academy have him
Hellraiser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #263
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the partnership has potential.
Good luck Stan and Peter.
bluefork is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #264
country flag Geo

Geo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka has already reached his peak...it's not like Lundgren is going to turn him into a slam winner or even top 5 player I doubt he'll return to the top 10.
his forehand will always be a weakness
Geo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #265
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

hes been working with that guy for ages, something isnt clicking cause he can surely do more. good move cause lundgren covers the mental aspect great.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #266
country flag Jomp1

Jomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good fit, Wawrinka needs a better mental game first and foremost and Peter can possibly fix that. Just hearing a new voice can be good for an "older" player and probably not a day too late in this case.
Jomp1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #267
country flag Serenidad

Serenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, but he is still going to be a clown so who cares.

2011 DANIEL BRANDS CHAMPION

Daniel Brands ATP Profile Daniel Brands Facebook Daniel Brands Website Daniel Brands Pictures The Brandwagon
Serenidad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #268
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really looking forward to what results this partnership can lead to. Best of luck to Stan.
ApproachShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #269
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka will always be a clown. The Rome final (Rome was it?) was a fluke (terrible draw, Nadal lost early, Gremelmayr in the semis I think? ) No way he's getting into the top 10 again, this new partnership won't really help at all, unfortunately for Stanislas.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 16 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 456-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #270
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset_Vista View Post
Wawrinka will always be a clown. The Rome final (Rome was it?) was a fluke (terrible draw, Nadal lost early, Gremelmayr in the semis I think? ) No way he's getting into the top 10 again, this new partnership won't really help at all, unfortunately for Stanislas.
No one is a clown for reaching the top 10, hell not the top 300. But I guess half of MTF will never realize. And Roddick made the semis along with Stepanek? I can't remember, but he can only deal with what's in front of him. Plus he made the Monte-Carlo semis last year I think...he's pretty well proven on clay, just needs to back the results up at slams.
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote