Djoko fans: who would you rather he lost to at RG? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who would you rather Djoko lost to?

Fed- no shame loses to the GOAT 10 24.39%
Nadal- he's already lost to him there 6 14.63%
Murray- Andy is a good guy and deserves success 7 17.07%
One of the "other guys" Nishikori, Wawrinka, Ferrer et al 7 17.07%
A talented youngster- Kyrgios or Coric etc 5 12.20%
Other 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Djoko fans: who would you rather he lost to at RG?

Obviously, all Djoko fans would rather he won RG. If Jo fails (sadly likely) he is my second pick for the title. But if he loses, who would you rather he loses to? Which loss would be less painful? If you absolutely had to choose someone to take him out, who would it be?

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH

TENNIS MUG- NADAL= Excuses, bending the rules, fluke 2010, weak clay field, classless celebrations, lucky draws, first player to lose 3 consecutive GS finals to the same man, 3 consecutive losses to players ranked outside 100 at Wimbledon including injured Darcis, only beats injured or UE strewn Djoko or Fed, embarrassed by Stronga. VAMOS!
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
country flag Tutsi Frutsi

Tutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond reputeTutsi Frutsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djoko fans: who would you rather he lost to at RG?

Wouldn't mind Novak losing to Coric at RG-18.
Anybody with a basic tennis sense knew that Djokovic would have beaten Nadal in RG-11 final, so the RG-15 QF will be just a repeat of what would have been in RG-11 final if Federer hasn't spoiled the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
Teen Nadal at #2, Ljubicic at #3, Blake at #4, Robredo at #5. Every argument stops right there. /thread
Tutsi Frutsi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #3
country flag RuRo

RuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond repute

Losing to Nadal (preferably with Nadal winning the title) is the only "next most preferable" option from a Djokovic fan point of view. It'd be disappointing and dull as hell, sure, but anything else would feel like a massive blown opportunity. Would also mean someone else beat him to the punch at taking down Nadal and winning the French Open.

Personally if he were to lose I would most prefer a loss to Murray, in the final, but that is as a Murray fan. I would want that to happen because then Murray would have a slam and a win over Djokovic, because it would be great payback for those 7 losses in a row, and because of the sheer hilarity of Murray winning on clay before Djokovic (not to mention seeing the reactions from the more annoying Djokotards here).

But if I was thinking of it purely from a Djokovic perspective, if he couldn't win I would be secretly hoping that it was due to Nadal winning the title, and we just go back into holding pattern and do this same shit again in the lead up to next year's tournament. Any loss would be bad, but a loss to Nadal would be slightly less intolerable than a loss to anyone else.

Last edited by RuRo : 05-19-2015 at 08:31 PM.
RuRo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

If he is going to lose to anyone, I would rather it be to Rafa, the King of RG.
thrust is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
country flag Sharkpova

Sharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond reputeSharkpova has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously Clayray, but if Djoker didn't win the thing, losing to someone like Tomic would be worth it for the laughs.

Going down to Dull again would be even more embarrassing "historically".

Clayray 2.0

Novak Djokovic | Gilles Simon | Grigor Dimitrov

Last edited by Sharkpova : 05-19-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Sharkpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #6
country flag Capuccino

Capuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond reputeCapuccino has a reputation beyond repute

He better lose to Almagro or somebody from that category than to Nadal again.

EDIT: I'm mean just don't lose to Nadal in the finals.

EDIT2: Don't lose to Federer either !

EDIT3: Losing to Murray would be ridiculous as well.

EDIT4: Don't lose to anybody please.

Last edited by Capuccino : 05-19-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Capuccino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #7
country flag Tennis Passion

Tennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond repute

Other - I only wouldn't mind if he loses PERRIER LEGENDS' TROPHY from Federer, since it is doubles tournament and No1e isn't good at all in doubles

In the singles tournament I do mind for No1e to lose from anybody
I disagree with the premise that Djokovic will reach exactly six slam finals. I'm making the bold prediction that he'll never reach another.
Just before AO'15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Sir Plexicushion's luck and gamesmanship peaked at Wimbledon last year, he won't win another slam ever again.
Tennis Passion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
country flag WhiskeyEE

WhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyEE has a reputation beyond repute

Someone who is still capable of taking out Nadal. Nishikori or Wawrinka maybe.

I was pissed when Stan beat Novak at AO last year, but he got the job done in the end.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #9
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

I support both Nole and Fed. But I don't one either to lose. For Nole, it'd be tragic to lose to anyone. It's his time.

SheepleBuster = Jesus of America, the Capitalist Crusader.. the Morning Star ... the Bringer of Light.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #10
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

lajovic

i want something else to get me through this life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
If Janowicz wins Roland Garros one day he'll make a heart with his cum on Chatrier.
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:43 PM   #11
country flag Tennis Passion

Tennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Passion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyEE View Post
Someone who is still capable of taking out Nadal. Nishikori or Wawrinka maybe.

I was pissed when Stan beat Novak at AO last year, but he got the job done in the end.
Welcome to MTF .. I really like your avatar
I disagree with the premise that Djokovic will reach exactly six slam finals. I'm making the bold prediction that he'll never reach another.
Just before AO'15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Sir Plexicushion's luck and gamesmanship peaked at Wimbledon last year, he won't win another slam ever again.
Tennis Passion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:53 PM   #12
country flag The Triumvirate

The Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond repute

Well if he lost to Fed then that would mean Fed's second RG title
Fast Hard GoAT ~ Federer (9 slams, 6 YECs, 11 M.1000); Overall Outdoor GoAT ~ Federer (17 slams, 2 YECs, 21 M.1000)
North American GoAT ~ Federer (5 USO, 2 YECs, 14 M.1000)

Plexicushion GoAT ~ Djokovic (5 AO); Indoor Hard GoAT ~ Djokovic (4 YECs, 3 M.1000)
Slow Hard GoAT ~ Djokovic (6 slams, 7 M.1000); Asian-Pacific GoAT ~ Djokovic (5 AO, 1 YEC, 2 M.1000)

Slow Clay GoAT ~ Nadal (9 RG, 19 M.1000); European GoAT ~ Nadal (11 slams, 20 M.1000)
The Triumvirate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #13
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

What Fakertards want is irrelevant. The gymnast will fail to win Roland Garros.
Brit Tennis Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:06 AM   #14
country flag TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond reputeTheEndIsNear has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling non-Djokovic fans are also voting in this poll.

Australian Open

Indian Wells - Miami - Monte Carlo - Rome
TheEndIsNear is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:33 AM   #15
country flag Min son

Min son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond reputeMin son has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a Djoko fan but I still like this thread. Here's the man for the job....

I'd party like it's my birthday if Monfils would put on a show and take out the unstoppable Djokovic.
Min son is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote