Mens Tennis Forums banner

Nadal has won me over.

4K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  VamosRafa123 
#1 ·
This kid is nothing but class, regardless what style of play he chooses to utilize; there's not a single negative thing that you can say about his character, I had him mistaken for young, stupid and delusional ... delusional ... I was completely wrong. Nice job for Rafa, he makes a great new addition to players that will spend the next decade controlling the Top 5, especially at this rate there's no way Roddick would be able to beat him ... Hewitt will become yesterday's news ... good job Zoro. :)

Rafa interview: (Post-Match)

A victory on Sunday would allow him to equal Federer's record of four Masters victories and 11 ATP titles this year.

"For me it's incredible to have reached another Master Series final and even more so given that it is indoors and in Madrid," Nadal told a news conference on Saturday.

"I would dearly love to win an 11th title this year and it would be brilliant, well, just incredible to win a fourth Masters title like Federer.

"But if you look at the statistics he is still clearly the best as he has only lost three matches this year."

Nadal said he had been on the telephone to Federer asking how he was recovering from the ankle injury that ruled him out of the Madrid tournament.

"I spoke to him the other day and he said he'd love to be able to play in (the Masters Cup in) Shanghai and for the good of tennis I hope he's there," said Nadal.

"Although we are rivals I've got a good relationship with him because he's a great person and very easy going and that's important."

See less See more
#5 ·
its.like.that said:
you're a tool.
:lol:

Myskinalova, I thought your problem with Nadal was his game, how does an interview change all that? At least I got that impression when you dissed him over your threads, it was mostly game-style directed.

And how exactly did you get the idea he was stupid and delusional? I do get this idea when I see his annoying on-court antics, but can separate things because he's never behaved even close to that outside of tennis courts, actually he's only showed he's a nice guy (so far).

#7 ·
myskinaLova said:
Nadal said he had been on the telephone to Federer asking how he was recovering from the ankle injury that ruled him out of the Madrid tournament.

"I spoke to him the other day and he said he'd love to be able to play in (the Masters Cup in) Shanghai and for the good of tennis I hope he's there," said Nadal.

"Although we are rivals I've got a good relationship with him because he's a great person and very easy going and that's important."
:worship:

#8 ·
up next: world peace.

#10 ·
The whole part about federer:

Q. Talking about this incredible year, you're adding more victories than Federer. If Federer is an alien, what are you?
Well, maybe an exception. But Shanghai, I talked to him the other day, to Federer, he told me he was going to visit Shanghai. I hope him to be. It's better for us if he's there. 78 victories, but a few defeats, too.

Q. You were saying you spoke to Federer the other day. Was that on the telephone?
Yeah, I spoke to him on the phone. I asked him how he was feeling with his ankle, he had a problem. He was wearing crutches still, but he hopes to be in Shanghai. He wishes to be there.

Q. Do you speak to him often or is that unusual?
No, not often. Sometime as few times to congratulate him, for Wimbledon, for instance, the US Open, and right now I spoke to him during this Masters Series.

Q. This is interesting. It shows that although you're big rivals, you can have respect and consideration for each other?
Yeah, besides, we have a good relationship. Federer, he's not only No. 1 and a great person; he's a man that's calm and quiet, good person. He's nice. That's the most important thing.

how can you dislike such a nice guy?? :angel: he rocks! :yeah: :p

#13 ·
lucashg said:
:lol:

Myskinalova, I thought your problem with Nadal was his game, how does an interview change all that? At least I got that impression when you dissed him over your threads, it was mostly game-style directed.

And how exactly did you get the idea he was stupid and delusional? I do get this idea when I see his annoying on-court antics, but can separate things because he's never behaved even close to that outside of tennis courts, actually he's only showed he's a nice guy (so far).
My gripe was definitely with his on-court antics and his play. That hasn't changed, but he's a lot more likeable than he was before. Much easier to co-exist with.

All of the Vamos, fist pumps and jumping up and down: inappropriate tennis etiquette, in my honest opinion.

The difference now is that you know for sure he's doing it for himself and not because he's walking around thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread or Roger Federer in tennis terms.

#14 ·
myskinaLova said:
My gripe was definitely with his on-court antics and his play. That hasn't changed, but he's a lot more likeable than he was before. Much easier to co-exist with.

All of the Vamos, fist pumps and jumping up and down: inappropriate tennis etiquette, in my honest opinion.

The difference now is that you know for sure he's doing it for himself and not because he's walking around thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread or Roger Federer in tennis terms.
Oh, okay. I agree with all that, except that he is more likeable than he was before. Oh, guess you're talking about your feelings towards recent discoveries about his personality, nice. Alright then.

Actually, this is funny. :cool:

#16 ·
lucashg said:
Oh, okay. I agree with all that, except that he is more likeable than he was before. Oh, guess you're talking about your feelings towards recent discoveries about his personality, nice. Alright then.

Actually, this is funny. :cool:
Ehh ... even if he's only saying these things for the Media or it's mostly BS, it makes me feel a lot more comfortable that he atleast know what role he should be playing instead of trying to be "The Man" ... even if feels like deep down inside he is ...

#26 ·
myskinaLova said:

:awww:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.