Evgueni KOROLEV - future of Russian tennis - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #796
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evgueni KOROLEV - future of Russian tennis

OMG

I hate RR I hate it!
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #797
country flag Patxy

Patxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond reputePatxy has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible thing for both Ferrero and now Korolev
Quote:
Safin, Hewitt slam ATP over Blake reinstatement fiasco

LAS VEGAS, March 1 (Reuters) - The ATP's decision to controversially award James Blake a place in the quarter-finals of the Las Vegas Open on Thursday has been slammed by leading players Marat Safin and Lleyton Hewitt.
The American was handed a place in the last eight by the ATP despite the fact that under its own rules, Russian Evgeny Korolev should have advanced instead, thanks to his victory over Blake in their round-robin match earlier in the week.

In a statement, the ATP said Blake would be awarded the group win "on the basis that the rules were not sufficiently explained".
Needing to beat Argentine Juan Martin del Potro with the loss of no more than five games to advance to the last eight, top seed Blake was leading 6-1 3-1 when his opponent retired because of breathing problems, handing Blake a walkover.
But Blake was then told he would not advance as the rules stated games won or lost in a walkover did not count and his place would go to Korolev only for the ATP to backtrack and send the American through.
Safin and Hewitt said the ATP had been wrong.

"I want to say that the way it has been handled is just a disgrace," Safin told Reuters.
"I feel very bad for Korolev because he had nothing to do with it. He's a young guy, only on the tour a year and all of a sudden he got screwed by the organisation.
"For a serious organisation like the ATP, you can't make these kind of decisions in the middle of the week, by the phone, without being there, and not to talk to the guy that's in the situation.
"And the CEO (Etienne de Villiers) disappointed me a lot. In this situation he should have handled it in a different way. It's ridiculous what they did. They have no explanation and it doesn't really fit in my brain.

HEWITT MYSTIFIED
Safin said had the shoe been on the other foot, Korolev would not have been given the place in the last eight.
"This is exactly the saddest part," he said. "If it had been the other way around, nobody would care about it and it just would be no discussion at all."
Hewitt said he was 'mystified' by the decision.
"To change a rule mid-tournament - that's just not right," he said.
"We all start a tournament in the same boat, in the same situation. I feel sorry for the bloke that misses out, that's for sure."
The ATP said Korolev had been awarded $11,375, the average sum of the prize money for the quarter-finals and semi-finals, but Hewitt said he would have been livid.
"(I'd be) pissed off," he said. "This is a kid on the rise. He's beaten Blake (6-2 6-4) two nights ago. A little bit of prize money's not going to mean a whole lot to him.
"It would have been unlucky for James, he was only three games away from getting through but rules are rules.
"If that had been me, I would have done everything in my power to get through, big tournament or small tournament"
Hewitt said he and several other players had been told the rule by the ATP before del Potro's withdrawal.
"Me and a few other guys were sitting in the players lounge watching the match. We said, 'is there any way that Korolev gets though?' And they said, 'if del Potro withdraws'. Even on TV they were saying it, so everyone was aware of the rule.
"The rules are in place -- you can't do anything about that. So that's why I'm a little bit gobsmacked. It really is amazing."
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breaking...450890,00.html

Last edited by Patxy : 03-02-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Patxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #798
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTIC HYPOCRATS!!! Who changes the damn rules half way through a tournament?????

Oh puhleeease.... and MARAT!!!!!!!

Zhenechka don't get too upset about this What goes around comes around ATP
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #799
country flag L.R

L.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Patxy for the article, I'll put it on the blog ...

I'm kinda too disgusted right now to search for news ...
And I hope it'll come around pretty badly in De Villiers' face !!!!

Last edited by L.R : 03-02-2007 at 09:38 AM.
L.R is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #800
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

To both Marat and Hewitt! At least they have the balls to speak out on this nonsense rather than toe the party line.

After all Big Marat has to stuck up for Little Marat.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #801
country flag L.R

L.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond reputeL.R has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the "open letter" petition Mr Disney will receive pretty soon ...

For Tennis' sake please sign it !

http://www.petitiononline.com/nomorerr/petition.html
Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #802
country flag georgekuo1017

georgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond repute

RR sucks

Horia Tecau × Benoit Paire
Richard Gasquet × Marin Cilic
Simone Bolelli × Filippo Volandri
georgekuo1017 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #803
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R View Post
Here is the "open letter" petition Mr Disney will receive pretty soon ...

For Tennis' sake please sign it !

http://www.petitiononline.com/nomorerr/petition.html

Signed and Signed
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #804
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

They seem to have changed their minds again and Evgeny should play the QFs
Old 03-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #805
country flag L.R

It's official !

Jhenya is back IN !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6411211.stm
Old 03-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #806
country flag ClubFed

ClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
They seem to have changed their minds again and Evgeny should play the QFs
Thank God! But still! WTF did they re-instate Blake in the first place? Because they thought he could sell more tickets?

"Tennis players are such hoes. It's embarassing." -MarieS
ClubFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #807
country flag L.R

yes that was the reason ! ...

i'm so sick of all that !
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #808
country flag L.R

Jhenya just won the first set 6/4 !!!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #809
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

Zhenya is back in and rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #810
country flag L.R

6/4 6/4 !!!

He Won !!!!! So Deserved !!!