Getting to know: Santiago Giraldo - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #211
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting to know: Santiago Giraldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
I'm sure you didn't miss one of the hottest doubles pairings in history, Giraldo and Bellucci.

By the way, were you supporting Santiago over your local boy?
I knew Santi would win so I was just hoping for a good match and it was .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #212
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Santi was robbed at 4-4 Deuce in the first set. Just long (I was there) shot from Almagro doesn't get called out (Auckland linecalling sucks TBH). He was understandably pissed but his attitude the rest of the match was disappointing. No wave to the crowd when he left (even grumpy-ass Ryan Harrison waved to the crowd as he left) .

I hope he comes back next year.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #213
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Santi was robbed at 4-4 Deuce in the first set. Just long (I was there) shot from Almagro doesn't get called out (Auckland linecalling sucks TBH). He was understandably pissed but his attitude the rest of the match was disappointing. No wave to the crowd when he left (even grumpy-ass Ryan Harrison waved to the crowd as he left) .

I hope he comes back next year.
Yeah, that was a bit of a disappointment at the end. Nasty attitude. Did he look sick to you? He didn't sit down at one of the changeovers and he kept blowing his nose so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Also, I think Santi's New Year's Resolution should be to hit a defensive backhand slice.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #214
country flag FlameOn

I forgive him, this time .
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #215
country flag FlameOn

Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #216
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice videos.

Giraldo forehand goodness

Old 01-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #217
country flag FlameOn

I like the BH one best .
Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #218
country flag FlameOn

AO R2 VS Djokovic .

He has weapons though, I'm sure he'll do better than Lorenzi...
Old 01-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #219
country flag VolandriFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
AO R2 VS Djokovic .

He has weapons though, I'm sure he'll do better than Lorenzi...
I'm expecting an insane amount of unforced errors. Djokovic moves the ball around so well that Santi will be attempting winners from out of position too often. And his second serve will be begging to be smacked away...

Optimistic, no?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #220
country flag FlameOn

Yes very .
Old 01-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #221
country flag FlameOn

3, 2, 1 and gone .

Better luck with the draw next time .
Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #222
country flag VolandriFan

Vina Del Mar

Seeded 6th, 1R vs L Mayer.

I have to say, there's a really nice field this year.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #223
country flag FlameOn

Yay it's clay time .
Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #224
country flag VolandriFan

Santi plays Nalbandian in R1 of Acapulco. Another loss coming up?

Bellucci, Andujar and Giraldo are all playing so shit this year, when I actually thought they might all be able to break through further.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #225
country flag FlameOn

Good luck to him .