The "Merde Sainte!!" Lyon and Paris thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #121
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "allez Andy, you cancancan do it" Lyon and Paris thread

Tennis-X suggested the same thing... though they're just now suggesting he has mental problems???
--------------
Andy Roddick and Co.
Sure Andy Roddick has lost three straight tour matches (not counting Davis cup play) -- in the Masters Series-Cincy final (l. to Roger Federer), the first round at the US Open (l. to a red-hot Gilles Muller), and this week at the Masters Series-Madrid where he was served off the court by Croatian giant "Dr." Ivo Karlovic. Tough losses all, though factor in the deer-in-the-headlights look A-Rod had against Muller at Flushing Meadows, and the fact the tiebreak loss to Karlovic is the kind of match the equally-huge-serving Roddick usually wins...and it could be a mental meltdown period for the former No. 1 (and his oft-second-guessed coach Dean Goldfine). Changes in store for 2006? Robby Ginepri, James Blake or Taylor Dent (all currently ranked in the Top 30) claiming the top-ranked American spot in 2006? Take note of Robby, who this summer took a set off of Federer, reached the US Open semis, and today muscled his way into the Masters Series-Madrid semis as the No. 16 seed.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #122
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Robby is going deep into every tourney and could well de-throne Andy as number one American player... that will hurt Andy like hell.
Robby is on his way to the top 10.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:28 PM   #123
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Well then he needs to do something about it, doesn't he?

If he continues to show apathy, my caring will start to wane quickly as well.

Thing is, Andy has almost triple the points that Robby does right now (and the race is close to double). We just have the recency effect for our memories.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 10-21-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:31 PM   #124
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
If he's only gonna win 2 rounds, there's not much point of playing.
Yep. He has to win the title for this to count for anything. A title is a title.

His draw looks pretty good. It isn't nearly as tough as the Madrid draw (thank god Ivo the Giant is not here) but it'll have it's challenges. By the time he reaches Ivan in the semis, his confidence should be back up to near normal and then he will have his vengeance.

But if Ljubo's not available to kick around, then Andy can focus on Robby.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #125
country flag Deboogle!.

Well if James is really playing as well as everyone says he was, he'll beat Andy in the QF.

We don't even know if Andy's going to be well enough to play. If he actually has the flu, it's doubtful, though a potential Wednesday start could help. He needs a couple rounds to get his rhythm back, and matches like Ascione and Benneteau or a Qualie are definitely what he needs. But they're not pushover players, and they're French guys playing at home so they may "overperform" so he still has got to be careful.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:39 PM   #126
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

If Robby does catch up to Andy in the points race, I think that will finally light the fire under Andy's ass that he's been needing for a while. The boys are very competitive with each other and rather than be hurt or sad, I think Alfa Andy would fight hard to reclaim his dominance over his Beta Buddies.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #127
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

but Andy hasn't been winning points lately anyway. He had and still has such a good chance to earn some points to make sure he ends the year at number 3 behind Rafa and in front of Lleyton...
Old 10-21-2005, 09:42 PM   #128
country flag Deboogle!.

I'd rather it not be Robby catching up to him that finally lights a fire under his ass, but it's so frustrating now that I'll take anything that gets him going.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:46 PM   #129
country flag blosson
La La Land

I hope Andy can run fast so no one catches him. I'm happy for Robby and his improvement but everytime I see him doing well I can't help thinking that it should be Andy in his place
Old 10-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #130
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
I hope Andy can run fast so no one catches him. I'm happy for Robby and his improvement but everytime I see him doing well I can't help thinking that it should be Andy in his place
If Andy had beaten him as he should have in Indy, I'm not sure Robby would be on the same roll he is now. I'm sure he'd still have had a good summer and whatnot, but that was a huge mental breakthrough for Robby to save MPs and come back from a set down against a guy he'd never beaten before since they were kids.

So, it's all kind of ironic, isn't it?

Old 10-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #131
country flag blosson
La La Land

yeah ironic
Old 10-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #132

Quote:
You know as strange as it sounds and as much as I love Robby I'm thinking the same thing that it should be Andy in his place. Andy has been American Tennis for sometime now and even for a supporter of another player it's still like what has happened to Andy
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #133
country flag blosson
La La Land

Damn Andy, Nalbandian who has like a crappy-sh serve has won a TB over Ivo
Old 10-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #134
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Damn Andy, Nalbandian who has like a crappy-sh serve has won a TB over Ivo
Did you see the match though? Nalbandian was reading the serve like a book, getting so many of them back in play, so Karlovic made more errors. The thing is - having a crappy serve doesn't even matter against Karlovic, he's such a bad returner it's almost irrelevant, b/c eeven if he can get more of the serves back, Nalbandian is far too good off the ground and has far too good passing shots to be troubled on his own serve against a guy like Ivo. Andy's returning is the bigger problem than his serve.

Old 10-21-2005, 10:30 PM   #135
country flag blosson
La La Land

So what happens to Lleyton when he plays Ivo? I mean Lleyton is such a good returner, probably better than David.

To answer your question, no I did not see the match. Like many I lost a bit of interest in the tourney due to some guy called Andrew.

Last edited by blosson : 10-21-2005 at 10:32 PM.