The "Merde Sainte!!" Lyon and Paris thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2005, 01:15 AM   #151
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "allez Andy, you cancancan do it" Lyon and Paris thread

Oh please. Who started this latest bogus rumor? Sjengster of "Deb hates Nalby" fame?

Andy partying the night before a match? What's a "party?" Having one beer with James or having many beers with groupies in the hotel suite? Come on. Andy does not have a reputation for partying on nights that he shouldn't be partying and he certainly wouldn't do something that might affect his doubles partner. Andy can be a dork but he's not stupid nor has he ever been known to be unprofessional like that.

On another note: Deb, I need your help for suicide: who was looking sharper out there today? Nadal or Nalbandian? How does Ivan look? Does he look like he could handle the SF and then the final or is he done for? I want to get the suicide finals but it's hard to pick a player when you haven't seen how they're playing. *whine*
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #152
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

OK, you fingered me fair and square. But don't blame me when Andy's bucolic nature comes back to haunt him.

My two cents on the matches today: hard to choose between Nadal and Nalbandian, both were playing attacking opponents but they're still very different match-ups. Nadal was threatened a lot on his serve in the first set but gutsed it out in the TB, Nalbandian wasn't challenged remotely after saving a couple of breakpoints early on. He looks sharp, obviously on the return and with his crisp passing shots, but you can't judge a player's form too much by how they perform against Karlovic, he poses unique problems.

Ljubicic came through with sheer will and determination, steadily getting his game back together and becoming more solid on his service games. To be honest I would bet on the same result as last year's semi, Nalbandian will get back too many serves and make him play too many long rallies.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.

Last edited by Sjengster : 10-22-2005 at 01:23 AM.
Sjengster is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:22 AM   #153
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Tangy, you crack me up. I agree with you though. But I think even for anyone who thinks ANDY is capable of doing something, I just don't think he would do it to James. His respect for James is IMMENSE and I just don't think he'd do that to him.

Anyway, as for suicide... Nalbandian looked incredibly sharp out there today from what I saw. I feel that if he can handle Karlovic's serve, he should certainly be able to handle Ljubicic's. Of course, Ljubicic has a better all-around game, but he's looking tired (I only saw a little of his match today, though.). Gonzo had a real shot to take him out today. I think Robby will have trouble with someone like rafa who will get so many of his balls back, and also Rafa is really feeding off the crowd and playing with a lot of energy, and he is moving fine out there despite whatever is wrong with his knees.

So make of that what you will and keep in mind I didn't see any of today's matches in full and I'm only one person's opinion

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:23 AM   #154
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Tennis-X suggested the same thing... though they're just now suggesting he has mental problems???
Well it's about damn time that tennis-x started paying attention to what we've been saying for THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. The fans here at MTF are more-up-to-date than any of these other tennis websites, including Andy's official site.

btw, I've noticed that many drive-by Roddick fans are now starting to regurgitate the same "Andy needs to see a sports shrink" talk in GM that we've been saying forever. How much longer before it reaches the legit sports press?
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 10-22-2005, 01:39 AM   #155
Last dance, Andy

Quote:
LOL Tangy, you crack me up. I agree with you though. But I think even for anyone who thinks ANDY is capable of doing something, I just don't think he would do it to James. His respect for James is IMMENSE and I just don't think he'd do that to him.
I agree. Maybe if it were Andy playing a singles match the next day (in other words, a match that would affect only him), then I could possibly believe it. But the fact that his behavior would've affected James the next day as well pretty much confirmed for me that the rumor was just that: a rumor. And a bad one, too. Probably from the Spanish press, no doubt.

Quote:
Anyway, as for suicide... Nalbandian looked incredibly sharp out there today from what I saw. I feel that if he can handle Karlovic's serve, he should certainly be able to handle Ljubicic's. Of course, Ljubicic has a better all-around game, but he's looking tired (I only saw a little of his match today, though.). Gonzo had a real shot to take him out today. I think Robby will have trouble with someone like rafa who will get so many of his balls back, and also Rafa is really feeding off the crowd and playing with a lot of energy, and he is moving fine out there despite whatever is wrong with his knees.
Thanks for the info. It does help. It sounds to me like Nalbandian and Ginepri are the fresher of the four remaining, and Ivan and Rafael are getting by on sheer determination. Whether that's enough to win the final...

Interestingly, Nalby has not met with either Ginepri or Rafa yet but if he's playing as well as everyone says he is, and Rafa's tired, then he could win this. I would be very surprised if Ivan won this title; he's got to be exhausted by now and the other three are just as hungry for a title. I'm expecting a battle between Rafa and Robby. I think David will beat Ivan tomorrow.

Gah. I think I'm screwed. I have no choice but to pick Rafa and hope for the best. Although I would love to see Robby win this small European title right on the heels of James' Stockholm win.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 10-22-2005, 01:46 AM   #156
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I came over to say to Debstah yet again how annoying those haters are on GM, and see this about the "rumor".

For what its worth - the way I look at these rumors from fans is that fans don't know sh*t. lol!

You may have already heard this, but Fernando Gonzalez was on Center Court - and he said the player he likes playing most is Andy - says that Andy is a good winner and a good loser. Sounded like he has a lot of respect for Andy.

And that's what I've been saying on GM for awhile - again fans opinions are worth sh*t - I go by what the other players say - they're the ones that see each other on a daily basis - they know the "good" guys vs. the a*sholes.

To be honest - even if it was true - and don't think that it is - I'm not judging Andy. He's usually always professional - everyone screws up now and again - I'm not perfect, and I don't expect him to be.

But that's my humble opinion...lol!

And hope he feels better!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:52 AM   #157
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
I came over to say to Debstah yet again how annoying those haters are on GM, and see this about the "rumor".
LOL. yeah. I'm remembering quickly why I stopped going there, that's for sure lol
Quote:
You may have already heard this, but Fernando Gonzalez was on Center Court - and he said the player he likes playing most is Andy - says that Andy is a good winner and a good loser. Sounded like he has a lot of respect for Andy.
I saw this and I know I mentioned it to at least one person on MSN but I don't think I ever posted it here, so thanks Gonzo seemed sincere, and actually he is not the only player who has said something like that - Roger has as well. I will trust RogerGod before some rumor running around the tournament volunteers
Quote:
And that's what I've been saying on GM for awhile - again fans opinions are worth sh*t - I go by what the other players say - they're the ones that see each other on a daily basis - they know the "good" guys vs. the a*sholes.
if FAN opinions are worth shit, what are HATER opinions worth?

Anyway, thanks for stopping by again

and tangy, glad I could help. Based on what I Saw today, David should beat Ljubicic tomorrow. But again, who knows what will actually happen.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 10-22-2005, 02:08 AM   #158
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thing is, winning 2 rounds at a tourney like this doesn't help him at all. Winning the title barely helps him points-wise but at least it's winning a title...

If he's only gonna win 2 rounds, there's not much point of playing.
The way I see it - a win is a win for him now. It may not boost anything ranking/points-wise, BUT hopefully, he'll be gaining in confidence. It's been like a yo-yo this year - great one moment, total flop the next.

Hopefully with the models gone now, mean Andy will be back...

Hope the flu isn't that too serious though...
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:26 AM   #159
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if FAN opinions are worth shit, what are HATER opinions worth?
I'm like a bad penny, I keep coming back...lol!!!

That was fun teaming up on the haters on GM...the anti-haters have to do that more often...
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:45 AM   #160
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who sees this Ginepri streak as a HUGE fluke? I mean the guy is good, but he should hover around the top 20 spot throughout his career and like NEVER make another GS semis ever again. Possible QF but imo that's even pushing it . Anyways the only player who can take out Roddick for the top USA spot is Andre, but the guy is old and doesn't play a proper schedule so unless Andy is losing 1r EVERYWHERE, there's no way in hell or no other American good enough to top him for that spot quite frankly. Roddick can play like CRAP and still win titles/get deep in slams. Ginepri/Blake and co need to play their very best to even get a shot at say a 4r/QF appearance. Just please get back your demeanor on court and play some good power tennis!

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:49 AM   #161
country flag Deboogle!.

No Naldo you are not the only one who thinks it could be a fluke.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:33 AM   #162
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
Am I the only one who sees this Ginepri streak as a HUGE fluke? I mean the guy is good, but he should hover around the top 20 spot throughout his career and like NEVER make another GS semis ever again. Possible QF but imo that's even pushing it . Anyways the only player who can take out Roddick for the top USA spot is Andre, but the guy is old and doesn't play a proper schedule so unless Andy is losing 1r EVERYWHERE, there's no way in hell or no other American good enough to top him for that spot quite frankly. Roddick can play like CRAP and still win titles/get deep in slams. Ginepri/Blake and co need to play their very best to even get a shot at say a 4r/QF appearance. Just please get back your demeanor on court and play some good power tennis!
Ginepri probably cannot sustain his momentum. However, it would be nice to have another younger American in the top 10 because it might take some of the press attention away from Andy.

Who knows. A little rankings pressure from Ginepri might spur Andy's pride to overcome his current mental lapses.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #163
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Andy's match against Ferrero from Cincy this summer. His volleying was good especially in the 3rd set. What impressed me was his forehand. Lately it seems like he's been laying off it and not hitting with as much power. Andy hit a few blistering forehands, one of which almost knocked Ferrero's racquet out of his hand. Andy was very fired up in the 2nd set tb and the 3rd. I think Dean needs to show Andy that last set and a half to some him how to play with emotion Andy. Please bring back pissy Andy.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:37 PM   #164
country flag Deboogle!.

Yeah, that was one of the better weeks he's had all year I think. I agree, show it to him.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #165
country flag Deboogle!.

well James's site says he arrived in Lyon today, so hopefully he and Andy went together