The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2005, 10:13 AM   #46
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

I'm glad to read that he has fought even though he has lost the match. I was going round in circles yesterday at work, with no internet access to follow anything. Good luck in Lyon Mariano.
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #47
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

I haven't had a chance to watch the match, but had read the transcript of his press conference, where he was asked about the crowd and had been happy to hear of their support: ( http://www.masters-series-madrid.com...Detail_303.htm ) "Great. That was great. Exceptional
\support, yeah. When I left the court, I noticed. Yesterday, I did too. People were very polite. It's normal that they supported the Spaniard. But I feel grateful, too, and optimistic, hoping to come here next year."

Ferrer also seemed supportive during his press conference: "Difficult. But it's news that hasn't been proven yet. I'd rather not give my opinion. However, if the result is positive, I hope it was a mistake or something that didn't go well. I don't think he did it on purpose. Mariano is a great player and does not need these things to get to the top." ( http://www.masters-series-madrid.com...Detail_305.htm )
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #48
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interview transcripts Anna. Must say I've never been a big fan of David Ferrer til now, but my opinion has gone up a lot recently! He is a real fighter -and those comments were very classy. Good Luck to him in the rest of the tounament.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #49
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Denaon my name is Ali. Yes, I did manage to watch the match on satelite tv. All what Rosie said I agree with. David was playing exceptionally well all through out the match. I think the whole match he didn't lose a single serve. Mariano , although not playing badly, I noticed he was not running down the balls on his forehand side , in the second and third sets. Even the commentators were surprised why he wasn't running more to his left. I thought maybe he was having a problem with his left side. This is not to say he was tanking. I am sure it was fatigue. Anyway Ferrer was playing exceptionally nearly error free, and with the crowd behind him he was pumped up. Last comment, Ferrer was very warm towards Mariano on the net at the end of the match, not the usual perfunctory handshake with no eye contact, but something akin to, "well played mate." I was so happy to see that.
Well as Rosie said, lets concentrate on Lyons, good luck Mariano and all of us we must keep our faith that he will make it to Shanghai.