The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

So Good Luck to Mariano in sunny Madrid. I was talking to him this afternoon, and gave him all our best - he seemed touched and gave me a big hug to say thank you . Sadly, I will not get to see him play because he has a Bye and won't play til probably Wednesday and I am back at work on Wednesday - but I will be with him in spirit and he knows of all our support. Vamos Mariano

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

Thank you Rosie for giving Mariano the message on our behalf. I am sure his spirit is lifted by your words. I hope and wish him all the best of luck and hope he will go deep in this tournament. Vamos Mariano y buena suerte.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Instead

I'm also hoping he has a good showing in Madrid, and that the time this past week has been enough for him to at least go into his matches with his focus on the play and not elsewhere.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:03 AM   #4
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Mariano.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 AM   #5
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rosie for telling Mariano about all our best wishes and support. I hope he'll play some good matches. Even though that must become harder and harder to get focused on his game with all that crap around. Vamos Mariano.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie Thanks for being our voice of support I really appreciate it
And I hope Mariano does get the same treatment any other player does. I imagine how hard it may be if the organizers or players in the tourney give him ugly looks or even treat him differently. FUCK L'Equipe if they do that!!

Go Mariano!!!!!

Gato Gaudio

Last edited by Denaon : 10-17-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Mariano! Best of luck in Madrid

And to Rosie

Last edited by Labamba : 10-17-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #8
country flag kali_puerta_fan

kali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting...how did you get to speak with him Rosie? I wish I could have money, time and age to go to all cool tournaments. I love the game, the atmosphere, the people, the jokes, everything. The problem is that by the time I'm older enough, I will have missed Federer(the most talented player ever), Puerta, Coria ...and all the nice guys. The new generation is not as fun as this one...
kali_puerta_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:41 AM   #9
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rosie.

Dany. That's the spirit.
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:13 AM   #10
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Madrid Cheering Thread - Let's Forget the Bad Stuff and Talk about Tennis Ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoura
Thanks Rosie.

Dany. That's the spirit.
Yeah, I learned that from someone I admire very much

Gato Gaudio
Old 10-18-2005, 04:10 PM   #11
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_puerta_fan
This is interesting...how did you get to speak with him Rosie? I wish I could have money, time and age to go to all cool tournaments. I love the game, the atmosphere, the people, the jokes, everything. The problem is that by the time I'm older enough, I will have missed Federer(the most talented player ever), Puerta, Coria ...and all the nice guys. The new generation is not as fun as this one...
To be perfectly honest because I was staying in the same Hotel Kali - can't be more honest than that It wasn't particularly planned or anything - there is more than one official tournament Hotel in Madrid and they tend to change then round from year to year anyway so you would never be able to "plan" it - but I was just lucky this year - I was planning to stay with friends but then that fell through, so I had to make a last-minute booking on the Internet and ended up in the same Hotel as Mariano and a few others - it was fun! But please don't wish your life away and wish you were older.........I wish I was 15 years younger I can tell you And new, great tennis players come along all the time anyway -it's part of the fascination of the game - so I'm sure there will be more great stars out there when you can afford to go to more tournaments and I am home with my cocoa

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 10-18-2005, 07:28 PM   #12
country flag DhammaTiger

DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I hope and wish Mariano will win tomorrow regardless of who his opponent is.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtiger
I hope and wish Mariano will win tomorrow regardless of who his opponent is.
Well it will be Mirnyi and that will be hard - such a big serve on a fast surface - and he played very wll againt JCF yesterday. Good Luck to Mariano though

Old 10-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #14
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Yeah, Mirnyi is one tough player. I wish he could but I doubt Mariano can win this time, in this surface.. Go Mariano!!

Gato Gaudio
Old 10-19-2005, 12:44 PM   #15
country flag DhammaTiger

Miracles do happen!!! I hope Mariano's return of serve and serve will not break down. I still hope he can beat Mirnyi. Vamos Mariano.