Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #46
Phoenix

Phoenix is on a distinguished road

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...s/bangkok7.asp

Dent Claims Bangkok Title

No. 8 seed Taylor Dent claimed the inaugural Thailand Open title by defeating top seed Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-3, 7-6(5) in the Bangkok final Sunday. It was the 22-year-old American's second title of the year following his victory in Memphis in February and the third in his career.

Dent, who scored wins over Wesley Moodie, Thierry Ascione, Nicolas Thomann and No. 5 seed Jarkko Nieminen en route to the final, now holds a perfect 3-0 record in singles finals.

Ferrero, who holds on to the No. 1 spot in the ATP Entry Rankings thanks to his final effort, was looking for his fourth title this year, following Tennis Masters Monte-Carlo, Valencia and Roland Garros. This was the Spaniard's third final loss in 2003, the others being Sydney and the US Open. His career-record in finals is now 10-10.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Dent: "I was struggling at the start, but I was happy to hang onto my serve. It's just a great feeling to win. I gutted it out today. My serve was working at times but he was also getting on it. I was patchy on volleys, but I ground it out and kept a strong mental head about me, that's what won me the match."

"I went out expecting a tough match whether I won or lost. The score sometimes deceives, it was a lot closer than two sets."

About his serve and volley game: "I like to press off second the second serve and get in there and make them pass me. That's what I'm at the baseline for - to get short balls and come in on them. That's always my strategy. The most improved thing about my game has been my serve accuracy. My mental toughness is also better. In the past I've broken guys enough to win matches, but I haven't held serve. Now I'm serving well enough to hold comfortably most of the time."

Ferrero: "I'm disappointed, I've lost two finals in a short time. But when you lose finals, it at least means you are playing well to get into them. I'm sad now, but tomorrow I'll be better. At least I'll stay No. 1. That was one of my goals in this tournament."

"It was tough for me to come here and defend the No. 1. But I now have a chance to get some points in Vienna as I have none to defend. I'll train indoors next week in Spain and try to play well in Vienna."

"It was tough against Dent, especially when he is serving well. You have to take it to a tiebreaker because it's so tough to break his serve."
Phoenix is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2003, 09:42 PM   #47
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!!

So how many points does JC add from a final showing in Bangkok? I checked his champions race points breakdown...and this event wasn't even listed in his optional countable events. Er?

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:10 PM   #48
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

They haven't updated it yet. He gets 24 race points and 120 entry points.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:00 AM   #49
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

gracias

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 01:40 AM   #50
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Lleyton has pulled out of the Master's Cup

Let's hope that Juan Carlos will take it this year and finish #1

Old 10-09-2003, 07:22 PM   #51
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

What do u mean that Hewitt's pulled out? Hasn't he still a chance of getting in the Masters Cup?? (not that I want him to!)
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #52
country flag Scotso

Hewitt isn't going to play for the rest of the year.

Old 10-10-2003, 12:21 AM   #53
propi

propi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Scotso
Hewitt isn't going to play for the rest of the year.
I wish he skiped Davis Cup as well, but I'm sure his revenge aim is stronger than that
Old 10-11-2003, 01:45 AM   #54
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt said he skips all these tourneys just to prepare for DC, but I also don't mind if he skips DC too.

Now I actually think it's not a bad thing for the spanish DC team. Hewitt won't be playing for 2 months before DC, Scud will play an exhibition in the States the week before DC. They surely do have a weird preparation schedule.

Anyhow, right now, JC's focus is on #1. I hope he completely recovered from that heel injury, so he'll be 100% for Madrid, Basel, Paris and Houston.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:51 PM   #55
propi

propi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond repute

JC finally managed to beat dangerous Wayne and keep the number 1 at least one more day
Old 10-17-2003, 06:24 AM   #56
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!!

RODDICK LOSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!! i'm so so very happy
keep that number one spot for one more week jc!
Old 10-17-2003, 06:25 AM   #57
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

After round 3 (champs race)-
Roddick 822
Ferrero 751
Old 10-20-2003, 01:04 PM   #58
country flag Scotso

Champions Race (after Madrid)

1st Ferrero, J. 826

2nd Roddick, A. 822

3rd Federer, R. 700

4th Agassi, A. 605

5th Coria, G. 589

6th Schuettler, R. 569

7th Moya, C. 436

8th Nalbandian, D. 358

9th Philippoussis, M. 322

10th Grosjean, S. 312

Old 10-20-2003, 01:05 PM   #59
country flag Scotso

Entry Rankings (after Madrid)

1 Ferrero 4,570

2 Roddick 4,235

3 Federer 3,925

4 Agassi 3,170

5 Coria 2,965

6 Schuettler 2,850

7 Moya 2,705

8 Hewitt 2,465

9 Nalbandian 2,070

10 Grosjean 1,870

Old 10-21-2003, 05:26 AM   #60
country flag esther

*sigh* number one in Entry AND champs race...TOOO GOOD FERRERO!!!!!