Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-12-2003, 08:47 AM   #31
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!!

True, Vera. The lack of credit is pathetic.

However, I think he will get year end #1, probably this year but if not then another year. And he WILL get a non-RG slam and they'll have to notice.

BTW, a small part of the problem (the large part is just out and out prejudice!) is that people just won't acknowledge that Agassi and Hewitt still ARE 2 of the toughest hard court players to beat! One day he'll beat Roddick and they'll sit up and go "OMG no-one ever told us he could play hard courts" - either that, or they'll call it a fluke
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2003, 10:50 AM   #32
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!!

well theres definately no argument in this thread obviously but i think we've all seen from his treatment and lack of respect during USO that its going to take an AWFUL lot for him to earn respect from america...and many other people...not that i care but ugh the type of questions they asked and the way they put him and some other players on some stupid courts was unbelievable

if theres one thing that will piss me off more than roddick stealing his USO crown is if he steals his number one spot at the end of the year. that will be the worst thing i could ever think of and i will cry!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 07:57 PM   #33
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1Kim
BTW, a small part of the problem (the large part is just out and out prejudice!) is that people just won't acknowledge that Agassi and Hewitt still ARE 2 of the toughest hard court players to beat!(
As much as I don’t like Baldy, I almost felt sorry for him. One day, he’s hailed as the master on hard court when he beat Coria handily, the next day, ppl question his ability to continue competing when he lost to JC, a “claycourter”. I read an article somewhere and the guy wrote something like: he lost to a claycourter on hard court, is it time for retirement? They’ll just say anything to refuse to give JC the credit, including dissing the one they always referred to as the best hard court player ever. No wonder Agassi was a little tick off when someone asked him if JC is a deserving number 1, he must be thinking: how can a guy who just beat me not a deserving number 1 .
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:30 AM   #34
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, not to mention that Agassi actually got that record breaking serve of Roddick's BACK INTO PLAY! But this is a Ferrero forum so I won't get into all that too much.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:54 AM   #35
propi

propi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond reputepropi has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about what a bunch of *ssholes say???
The fact is that the number one speaks Spanish, is from Villena and is called JC Ferrero, credit or not he's now part of History with the best of all the time
Old 09-23-2003, 08:19 AM   #36
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

and bumping this thread to wish JCF continued weeks at #1!
Old 09-25-2003, 02:30 AM   #37
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully he'll win Bangkok this week and take the year end #1

Vamos Juan Carlos!

He's into the second round.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:38 AM   #38
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

He's in the semis and Paradorn is out... muahaha

vamos Juan Carlos!

Old 09-27-2003, 06:43 AM   #39
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be fine with Ferrero at #1 come year end. He will have deserved it. But if any other player ends at #1, he will have deserved it too. I don't play the "he deserves it, and he doesn't deserve it" game.

C'mon JC, show people you're a carpet courter.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 09:51 AM   #40
jcluvva

jcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond repute

Is Ferrero not playing Tokyo now?
jcluvva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:34 PM   #41
country flag Scotso

Ferrero isn't too great at making schedules. Now he's saying he may skip the Aussie

Anyway, he's in the finals of Bangkok

Old 09-27-2003, 05:45 PM   #42
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Juan Carlos is #1 in the WORLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss mosquito
Is Ferrero not playing Tokyo now?
He's not playing Tokyo, he wasn't on the commitment list. I think he desperately need some rest. His body is probably screaming out for a break.

Tired Ferrero considers skipping Australian Open
BANGKOK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - World number one Juan Carlos Ferrero hinted that he might miss the Australian Open in January as he needs time to recover from a hectic 2003 season. Ferrero, who is expected to travel to Melbourne with the Spanish team for the Davis Cup final against Australia in November, said he needs a long rest before beginning his 2004 campaign. Asked if he would be returning to Australia just six weeks after playing the November 28-30 Davis Cup final, he said: "I don't know.

"If I finish the year number one and we win the Davis Cup at the end of November, I will have done everything. "Then I would find it very difficult to practise again straight away to be ready for the Australian Open," added the French Open champion after reaching his sixth final of the season at the Thailand Open on Saturday. Ferrero achieved his best result at the Australian Open, which begins on January 19, this year when he reached the quarter-finals.

Well, I hope he can get the yearend #1 at least, not so sure about Davis Cup but best of luck.

I would be disappointed if he skips Aussie, but it's understandable. He's human too. I hope this is just a tired talk but maybe the experience in beginning of 2001 gave him the thought. But he's just being honest and realistic. Or maybe he should just pull a Pandy: pull out in the very last minute (not giving any hint before hand). Well, maybe that's wiser, at least ppl won't throw eggs at him as early as now.

Last edited by Vera : 09-27-2003 at 05:48 PM.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #43
Phoenix

Phoenix is on a distinguished road

JC lost in the Bangkok finale????
Singles - Finale:

T.Dent (USA) d J.Ferero (ESP) 63 76(5) DAMN!
Phoenix is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #44
country flag Scotso

He lost to Denthead

I am really starting to hate big servers

Old 09-28-2003, 12:43 PM   #45
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet all JC fans are too!!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote