Time to wake up: Vamos Nico in Basel - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 AM   #1
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time to wake up: Vamos Nico in Basel

Nico has to defend SF (app 185 pts) ... If he doesn't do it will drop out of top-60 ... Then please Nico wake up and win some matchs here!!!

Entry List

OUT Federer, Roger SUI 1
2 Nadal, Rafael ESP 2
3 Coria, Guillermo ARG 8
4 Nalbandian, David ARG 9
5 Stepanek, Radek CZE 16
6 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 18
7 Hrbaty, Dominik SVK 19
8 Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 23
9 Novak, Jiri CZE 26
10 Henman, Tim GBR 28
11 Berdych, Tomas CZE 38
12 Haas, Tommy GER 40
13 Volandri, Filippo ITA 41
14 Acasuso, Jose ARG 43
15 Massu, Nicolas CHI 48
16 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 53
17 Srichaphan, Paradorn THA 55
18 Rochus, Christophe BEL 57
19 Wawrinka, Stanislas SUI 59
20 Zib, Tomas CZE 60
21 Martin, Alberto ESP 62
OUT Horna, Luis PER 63
23 Calleri, Agustin ARG 65
24 (SE)
25 (SE)
26 (WC)
27 (WC)
28 (WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to wake up: Vamos Nico in Basel

If Nico doesn't win in Basel and Paris, he will drop down to 75/80 in the world.

I re-watched the match again. It wasn't that he was disinterested. Its that he just seemed so demoralized by the entire situation that he had no fire.

No pumping himself up. No vamosing. Not even much yelling except once.

Nico has got to dig deep and get that fire.

The time has come.

The time is now!!!

BTW - still want him to play some challengers after Paris. I know it won't happen, but he has to do something. Does he want to go into 2006 with a 75/80 ranking???? If he doesn't do it now - he's going to have to do it in 2006.

I hate being hard on him...look at that cute face , who wants to be hard on him?...and unfortunately it doesn't do any good for any of us to be hard on him - someone close to him has to just lay it on the line to him.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #3
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Nico really played awful in Madrid, his backhand was the worst shot! ... I want to see him fighting again

The challerges is a good option but I'm not sure if Nico wants play there again

Old 10-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Nico really played awful in Madrid, his backhand was the worst shot! ... I want to see him fighting again

The challerges is a good option but I'm not sure if Nico wants play there again
Nico's timing is way off because he hasn't played much. And the surface in Madrid has a weird bounce to it. But yes, he played very very very poorly. And what was worse for me was that he had absolutely no spark or fight. I can accept losing...but want him to fight at least.

And its a shame to see him lose to the likes of Chela and Calleri lately. No excuse really.

Doesn't matter if he wants to play challengers or not...when you're ranked 75/80, you don't get into tournaments. So in 2006, he can either sit out the weeks he can't get into tournaments because of his low ranking...or just do it, play a challenger, and get some points so he'll move back up.

And sooner is better than later.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Nico needs win some matchs soon ... He can't finish the season losing 5 matchs in a row

Old 10-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Nico Vamos!!! You can do it please please please, get the fire back

We know you can do it, some wins in this 2 weeks please!! not for us, just for you sweetie...

NOW OR NEVER NICO!!! VAMOOOOS!!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

oh and Fergie btw, nice avatar!! everytime I see one of your posts I keep looking at that pic like 2 minutes lol!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 10-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
country flag NicoFan

Hey Fergie - just realized he only has to defend 110 points here in Basel. And 75 in Paris. If he loses at both, he'll go down to about 63/64 in the rankings. Latercera is saying 58 but don't understand how they are getting that. Maybe they know something we don't...lol!

58/63 - at this point, he needs to win, and get that ranking up back to the top 40 so he doesn't have to qualify for master series events.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #9
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
oh and Fergie btw, nice avatar!! everytime I see one of your posts I keep looking at that pic like 2 minutes lol!
I do the same!

Quote:
Hey Fergie - just realized he only has to defend 110 points here in Basel. And 75 in Paris. If he loses at both, he'll go down to about 63/64 in the rankings. Latercera is saying 58 but don't understand how they are getting that. Maybe they know something we don't...lol!
I got the wrong info from Canal 13 ... But well at least from here to the end season will be 185 pts

Old 10-19-2005, 04:10 PM   #10
country flag NicoFan

I love that picture too!

This ranking system is so confusing no wonder there is wrong information! lol!

Let's just hope he wins...then it won't be a problem.

VAMOS NICO!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! And get the FIRE back!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #11
country flag kidnicky

I guess that nobody except the ATP would ever know the exact information about the stupid points lol! but like you said, meanwhile we find how many points he has to defend, he needs to get some wins!!

VAMOS NICO VAMOOS!!! BRING THE FIGHTER BACK!!!

btw I just did the same with Feña's pic lol!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 AM   #12
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

To heck with my usual "good luck" stuff here-get your fire back Nico and win a few matches here dammit! Stop thinking what will happen if you lose and start thinking how good it feels to win! JUST DO IT!!! VAMOS!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:38 PM   #13
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

I know Nico will fall in the rankings but i'm not that worried.. i want him to take a match ..
the next year will be great no pts to defend.. GREAT

VAMOS NICOLAS
Old 10-23-2005, 11:22 PM   #14
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind if Nicolás draws Feña.. I don't want to be mean/cruel but I prefer to see Nico losing to Feña and no against anybody under his rank
Old 10-24-2005, 12:35 AM   #15
country flag NicoFan

I just want to see Nico win one too Alonso. I think that he'll be devastated if he goes winless in the Fall - 5 straight tournaments.

I'm watching the Rafa match now for the 3rd time (taping it for people who don't get The Tennis Channel)...and I know Nico doesn't have the talent that Rafa has (but most players don't so I don't care if he wins as much as Rafa) but he used to have that fight like Rafa did today that when he was down, he would try to fight his way back in.

I know that he's demoralized from all the sh*t from this year...and I feel bad for him. But he got to get that spark and fire back.

And I don't want him to pull Fernando - I think that it would be even more devastating for him to lose to Fernando. It would be horrid for him. And I like Fernando - don't want to have to hate him as the person who destroyed Nico's hopes yet again. And they are competitive on court. (Fernando was so sweet on his interview on TTC - he said that on court that he and Nico are competitive, but off court, you have to be a good friend... so sweet )