They're just trying to hand Agassi the title - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2003, 11:37 AM   #1
jenglisbe

jenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond reputejenglisbe has a reputation beyond repute
Default They're just trying to hand Agassi the title

They managed to get 3 sets of Agassi's match in yesteday, and no other men's match got more than a set in. Now they have women's QF matches scheduled first today - while the men haven't completed the 4th round. Agassi is resting pretty...
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
Aleta4

Aleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond repute

On Eurosport they said yesterday that they even let Andy Roddick PRACTICE on court 11 and Coria/Björkman had to wait for him before they could start their main draw match. Coria's coach Mancini started screaming out there cause of this.

Why not just let Anrdre and Andy play the final, the other foreign players seem to be just a major inconvinience in the US

Rainer Schüttler, Tommy Haas, Michail Youzhny, James Blake
Aleta4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They're just trying to hand Agassi the title

... you're not really surprised about that are u??
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:57 PM   #4
Aleta4

Aleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond reputeAleta4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: They're just trying to hand Agassi the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris Loeffel
... you're not really surprised about that are u??
Well, nothing surprises me about the USO organizers but I have lost all respect for Andy Roddick. Never liked his game but thought he is a nice guy but to put his own practice ahead of a main draw match shows he has indeed no respect for other players.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:15 PM   #5
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that Roddick claimed court 11 for himself. Federer was also warming up on a main court where players could have been playing, and not a practice court. The problem is getting enough courts dry at the same time to have matches played and to give the players a safe warm-up for matches that were to be played later. And Gui is my favorite player right after Guga, so it's not like I didn't want my guy out there. I mean he already got rooked because the stupid blower blew up and spilled oil all over the grandstand court.

It is totally the organizer's fault. They obviously can't cover all the courts, but they should have a tarp system in place so that they can get the courts ready for play more quickly. They are making this look like some little rinkydink tournament with the blowers and the long delays.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 01:21 PM   #6
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

And the other thing the organizers might want to kick themselves for is their scheduling of the opening round over three days instead of two. That looked pretty odd to begin with and now it looks downright foolish.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:08 PM   #7
Aleta4

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
And the other thing the organizers might want to kick themselves for is their scheduling of the opening round over three days instead of two. That looked pretty odd to begin with and now it looks downright foolish.
AMEN AMEN AMEN especially since they knew for a while that the second week would be full of rain

Old 09-03-2003, 02:11 PM   #8
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

USTA have always done this since Super-Stupid Saturday 1st came about some years ago. (80's i think)

Thats how they can get 2 mens SF on a saturday.
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:28 PM   #9
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

All this rain is getting mildly obnoxious.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:36 PM   #10
Aleta4

Quote:
I don't think that Roddick claimed court 11 for himself. Federer was also warming up on a main court where players could have been playing, and not a practice court. The problem is getting enough courts dry at the same time to have matches played and to give the players a safe warm-up for matches that were to be played later. And Gui is my favorite player right after Guga, so it's not like I didn't want my guy out there. I mean he already got rooked because the stupid blower blew up and spilled oil all over the grandstand court.
They just interviewed Mancini about this incident yesterday and he said he had been quite pissed and did not understand that they did not even call Coria/Bkjörkman out to the courts to play as soon as they were dry cause they wanted ANdy to finish his practice. He had to go there and TELL them that the players were ready to go.

Afterwards they interviewed Schüttler coach about the USO and he just used words like "unworthy of a slam", "favouratism of American players", "disrespectful of players"

And last but not least "the USO is getting the weather it deserves"

Looks like they are having fun over there

Old 09-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #11
jmp

jmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond repute

It is disappointing to read about the Coria incident and Rainer's comments. While it saddens me, it doesn't surprise me. Being born and bred in the good ol' USA, you learn the system pretty quickly - scholarships, promotions, loans, etc. I liked tennis from the time I was very young because it was an international, individual sport. But, for some reason, this year's events are really "bringing me over, man".

That quote is an obscure reference to the classic movie "Better Off Dead".

Even when I'm rooting for one player over another, I don't like bad calls or crowds that jeer a specific player or clap for service faults. It really disgusts me when big money, large organizations, and governments are unfair. There's a big difference between giving someone a chance and maintaining the status quo or some kind of air of superiority.
jmp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #12
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

That is very funny. No wonder the European and S.A. players don't like the USO.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:35 AM   #13
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Now they're letting Roddick play his match and not even letting Coria attempt to play

They are really trying to screw him over.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:53 AM   #14
country flag Pea

Pea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond repute

Dickhead just never seizes to amaze me.
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 04:32 AM   #15
Chrisie

Chrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond reputeChrisie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Andy won, so the only two quarter-finalists are American. I agree USO organisers are the worst. In the first 5 days, someone's playing 1rd, some 2rd, some have 1 day break, some have two days. Exactly how they manage to make the players finish the whole thing together is quite a mystery.
Chrisie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote